ADVERTISEMENT

So no Wall for Trump?

To be fair, executive orders aren't all created equal. The first EO was written to federal departments and said "to impress me with a full, precise, and distinct general idea of the affairs of the United States." That's not exactly on the same level as building a wall.

To be fair, executive orders aren't all created equal. The first EO was written to federal departments and said "to impress me with a full, precise, and distinct general idea of the affairs of the United States." That's not exactly on the same level as building a wall.

Yeah - the modern idea of President vs. Congress really kicked off with Andrew Jackson vs. the Bank of the US.

Last edited:
Yeah - the modern idea of President vs. Congress really kicked off with Andrew Jackson vs. the Bank of the US.
iu

Trump declares state of emergency. I wonder if the Dems could try to block this in the courts. I rather doubt it because it's a state of emergency, but I don't know. Anyone out there with any insight to this?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...are-national-emergency-wall/story?id=61088949

Edit: NM, found it in the article:

The president's emergency declaration order and other executive actions come on the heels of warnings from the Justice Department that the moves are nearly certain to be blocked by court challenges, at least temporarily.

Trump declares state of emergency. I wonder if the Dems could try to block this in the courts. I rather doubt it because it's a state of emergency, but I don't know. Anyone out there with any insight to this?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...are-national-emergency-wall/story?id=61088949

Edit: NM, found it in the article:

The president's emergency declaration order and other executive actions come on the heels of warnings from the Justice Department that the moves are nearly certain to be blocked by court challenges, at least temporarily.
I'm sure they will take it to the 9th circuit where it will be halted temporarily. He'll win in the long run, after all it was congress that gave presidents the ability to declare emergencys.

I'm sure they will take it to the 9th circuit where it will be halted temporarily. He'll win in the long run, after all it was congress that gave presidents the ability to declare emergencys.
I don't think the issue is declaring an emergency. The issue is using the money to build the wall.

I don't think the issue is declaring an emergency. The issue is using the money to build the wall.

Only $3.5 billion of that $8 billion total is being requisitioned, and that's coming from money that's already been earmarked to the Pentagon construction budget. Most of it is coming from drug war money. So, it isn't like it's going to cost the taxpayer anything extra. The money has already been accounted for.

Yeah, the 9th Circuit is where I expect them to file, but seeing how many times those zealots get overturned, I'm not sure it will stick for too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT