ADVERTISEMENT

Stats and stuff - GT game

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
Apparently the stomach virus that hit Brice yesterday (and sent him to the hospital for IVs) got Berry even worse this morning... and from what I've heard that probably kept JB from his first collegiate start. Damn. We can't seem to catch a break getting our rotation in its optimum place. Fortunately we were playing Ga Tech at home.

So... only three Guard combos to track today, but even though this game was UNC taking the hosing in durham out on GaTech, there are still some pretty telling numbers that are fitting some recent trends.
Here ya go:

Guard combos, in order of appearance
Paige alone (16.14) 2.9 PPM (1 TO) *UNC 47 - GT 20
Britt/Paige (15:17) 1.9 PPM (4 TO) *UNC 30 - GT 27
Britt alone (8:29) 1.4 PPM (3 TO) *UNC 12 - GT 13

and comped scores...
Paige running Point UNC 47 - GT 20
Britt running Point UNC 42 - GT 40

*Marcus's best game: 13 pts 10 assists and 4 steals, and his best PG team efficiency of the season (only Berry has topped 3 PPM in a game).

*Biggest numerical trend that continues: We're just not as good when Nate runs Point.

*Final comment: The 4 Corners tribute was absolutely perfect. I wish I could've seen the lettermen in attendance all pointing to the assist. Still, I confess that my reaction following the score was the same as Roy's: I was indeed choked up. That was a beautiful thing.

I'm a big Nate Britt fan but the kid is starting to irritate me. [/B]
mad.r191677.gif

His TO ratio is really bad, and not improving at the rate it should.

I can't recall someone his size being such a poor ball handler.
[/B]

[/B]

It's feast or famine with Nate. GLAD we have him right now, only backup we have for Marcus.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
It's feast or famine with Nate. GLAD we have him right now, only backup we have for Marcus.
glad we have him. too... but let's just hope Joel B is ready to rock Tuesday night.

Nate is the one player who can break the press without any help and he is the best ball handler no question about that but he is going thru a bad cycle of games like Tokoto did with bad passes and bad decisions. But I want him on the court in crunch time because like Paige he is pretty solid from the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT