ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. GT game thread

I have never seen a team have so many injuries the last 2 years...End of the day this has to go back to the strength and conditioning coach....

I have never seen a team have so many injuries the last 2 years...End of the day this has to go back to the strength and conditioning coach....
We had a number of injuries in 2013 and 14, I think. I linked to an article back then on the Stanford S&C coach who had very low injury totals every year.

Holcomb has caused 2 fumbles. If we had 3 more like him, our D would be very good.

Fedora finally plays freshman QB to see him look very good, and then get injured.

Fedora is cursed.

Words cannot describe how bad Nathan Elliott is. I know I know he is a good kid and nice young man and yadda yadda yadda. He CANNOT play QB at this level He just is not good enough and this being Carolina we HAVE a kid come in ,Ruder, who Rallies the team ad shows some promise and BOOM HE is out and in a sling. Bring on Kudzu Elliot... he just will not go away .....and Boom again the critical error and then another critical error and another loss. There was glimmer of hope and I know our d cannot stop a cold but we seemed to have a decent chance at this game. But alas this is Carolina football... finding new creative ways to lose every week

The 3 TOs you created nearly got it done. Tough game and when you can give up 460+ yds rushing and almost win....well....there's some positives within. Good luck rest of the season!

The 3 TOs you created nearly got it done. Tough game and when you can give up 460+ yds rushing and almost win....well....there's some positives within. Good luck rest of the season!
The best luck we could get is Fedora fired.

The ACC needs GT to become bowl eligible, and beat UGA.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
On the bright side, Ruder looked good. Between him and Fortin our QB situation looks like a bright spot for the future. I just wish the staff would have gotten them some playing time sooner. We might have another win or two.

Reactions: Archer2
On the bright side, Ruder looked good. Between him and Fortin our QB situation looks like a bright spot for the future. I just wish the staff would have gotten them some playing time sooner. We might have another win or two.
Honest question and I’m not trying to pick fights. But how would you have handled the QB situation this year?

Honest question and I’m not trying to pick fights. But how would you have handled the QB situation this year?
I would have started with Elliott probably, but once it was obvious that he was an ineffective QB, I would have made a switch. You could tell Elliott wasn't going to be the guy in the first half of the Cal game. As far as Chazz, I didn't see anything special from him last year and the shoe thing didn't help. If the freshman that replaced Elliott was playing well I would have kept Chazz out. I might have tried to work him out at another position though.

I would have started with Elliott probably, but once it was obvious that he was an ineffective QB, I would have made a switch. You could tell Elliott wasn't going to be the guy in the first half of the Cal game. As far as Chazz, I didn't see anything special from him last year and the shoe thing didn't help. If the freshman that replaced Elliott was playing well I would have kept Chazz out. I might have tried to work him out at another position though.
So roll with Fortin from ECU on?

The first 3 quarters at Cal, the entire offense looked hopelessly inept. The Occam's Razor: bad coaching.

Yes. Assuming he looked as good as he did in the VT game.
Interesting. I’d say Chazz looked better last year than Fortin did against limited reps against a bad VT. I still would have held out for Chazz. But with this team’s luck they would all of gotten hurt one way or the other

Pull Elliott's scholarship and let him know he will never play another snap at UNC after 2018. Inform Fortin and Ruder that they will be battling it out for the starting job in 2019, and hope they don't transfer out.

Play calling with Elliot is garbage. We know his limitations. Stop running the option or QB draw with the kid. It all falls at the feet of Fedora.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT