ADVERTISEMENT

The Grad Transfer Thread

Petty guys. You each have an opinion. We share it and if u dont agree.. it doesnt make your opinion better or right. If Gary feels player "x" is better than player "y"... does it matter? Hell both were Heels.

it matters for two reasons for me.

first, when it’s not even close and when it’s compared by someone that claims to be a fan/follower/admirer of a program.

second, when that statement is made by someone who doesn’t mind condemning other opinions on said player/program.

i believe it can’t even be taken seriously, but a classic “lol” post to that statement is lazy for me...i’d rather offer up examples of other players that were clearly better at the position without disparaging the player...the list is quite lengthy here, probably like best laker ever.

Last edited:
BS as usual. I was talking about the floor-general role and I stand by that. He did that as well or better than anyone. But then, you wouldn't know the difference or the nuances among the various roles of PG play, would you? No, of course not. You just wanted to take some juvenile pot-shot. Too bad it blew up in your hand.

Dude, give it up.

Don't you realize how much of a condescending douchebag you sound like when you tell people "I know basketball and you don't". Of course you don't, you have zero point zero self-awareness.

Deal.

We're now at the point where a Keeling commitment could be very imminent, as early as tomorrow.
Would be great. Seems like it makes sense for him to commit in the next few days if he's going to come here. Does a guy really need to wait 10 days for an NC State visit if he's excited about UNC?

Pierce would be a nice addition as well. But I think he’s ND bound.
He mentioned in an interview wanting to enroll in a business school. UNC and UM have quite a bit better b-schools than ND, to go along with better basketball teams. If I was trying to build a resume for a post-basketball career I know who I'd play for...

Reactions: Archer2
Dude, give it up.

Don't you realize how much of a condescending douchebag you sound like when you tell people "I know basketball and you don't". Of course you don't, you have zero point zero self-awareness.
Someone was taking shots at me, not vice versa, FYI. Moreover, why don't you go back to the dook board and trash me and other Radar posters and mods like you have previously? Most low-rent douche-bag behavior I can imagine, BTW. So no, dude, YOU give it up.

Would be great. Seems like it makes sense for him to commit in the next few days if he's going to come here. Does a guy really need to wait 10 days for an NC State visit if he's excited about UNC?

Agreed. If he doesn't commit before the State visit then I don't think we get him. Right now though, all signs point to him being a Tar Heel.

Reactions: Old_School59
Someone was taking shots at me, not vice versa, FYI. Moreover, why don't you go back to the dook board and trash me and other Radar posters and mods like you have previously? Most low-rent douche-bag behavior I can imagine, BTW. So no, dude, YOU give it up.

We done pissed off the auburn fan. That mean he gonna kill some trees on campus?

Reactions: uncboy10

I trash you on here also Gary. I have no limitations on where I will do that. I actually think I say nicer things about you there then on here...I'll be nicer behind someone's back than to their face.

Once again though, you fail to touch on the main point which looks at a flaw of yours and deflect it back to others. You're hopeless.

Anyway - done with this pointless back and forth that we devolve into. Back to transfers.

So heres how our rotation might look

PG - Cole Anthony/Seventh Woods/Leaky Black/Jeremiah Francis

SG - Anthony Harris/Brandon Robinson/Andrew Platek

SF - Brandon Robinson/Leaky Black

PF - Garrison Brooks

C - Armando Bacot/Sterling Manley

So looks thin at 3,4,5. Keeling would be a huge get.

The Harris signing gives me hope we have 5 High level ACC caliber players on the floor

Anthony
Bacot
Harris
Brooks
Leaky.

And I feel good about the depth also, but I do not see the rest of the roster as 25 minutes a night guys.. The 5 I listed are the guys for that

Reactions: Heelicious

PF - Garrison Brooks

Yeah, I think with Keeling...

PG - Cole 30 min / Woods 5 min / Harris 5 min
SG - Keeling 25 min / B Rob 5 min / Harris 5 min / Platek 5 min
SF - Leaky 25 min / BRob 15 min
PF - Brooks 30 min / Bacot 10 min
C - Bacot 15 min / Manley 15 min / Small ball and/or Huff 10 min

Yeah, I think with Keeling...

PG - Cole 30 min / Woods 5 min / Harris 5 min
SG - Keeling 25 min / B Rob 5 min / Harris 5 min / Platek 5 min
SF - Leaky 25 min / BRob 15 min
PF - Brooks 30 min / Bacot 10 min
C - Bacot 15 min / Manley 15 min / Small ball and/or Huff 10 min
This looks pretty good, and viable. I'd just personally tweak a couple things. Possibly Manley not getting 15 minutes a game - at least unless he makes a big leap. Hasn't been able to give us 5 good minutes even when healthy, so far.

And, based on what Clint (Jackson?) and Andrew Jones have said about Harris being better than his recruit ranking, they said they could see him even challenging for a starting role at the 2 by end of season. So I think he might warrant more than 10 minutes total PT per game.

Otherwise I agree with the PT distribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old_School59
The Harris signing gives me hope we have 5 High level ACC caliber players on the floor

Anthony
Bacot
Harris
Brooks
Leaky.

And I feel good about the depth also, but I do not see the rest of the roster as 25 minutes a night guys.. The 5 I listed are the guys for that

Here is one of the aspects where Roy really separates himself from the rest of the crowd. He can take this whole new starting 5 (Brooks is not new but will be in a new position with four new teammates) and get them to gel so soon, that you would have thought that have been together for 2-3 years. Of course there will be some rough patches to smooth out but he will get them together as one.

Reactions: Heelicious
Here is one of the aspects where Roy really separates himself from the rest of the crowd. He can take this whole new starting 5 (Brooks is not new but will be in a new position with four new teammates) and get them to gel so soon, that you would have thought that have been together for 2-3 years. Of course there will be some rough patches to smooth out but he will get them together as one.
I just hope people on this board remember this in the early season when they hit rough patches like they do every year and start questioning every move Roy makes. Honestly i used to question his thinking in the early parts of the season and then somewhere around the PJ Hairston timeframe it dawned on me that by the end of they year he gets the MAX potential of every team regardless of how rough the start may be. He will do the same next year as well and i can't wait to see what it produces!

I just hope people on this board remember this in the early season when they hit rough patches like they do every year and start questioning every move Roy makes. Honestly i used to question his thinking in the early parts of the season and then somewhere around the PJ Hairston timeframe it dawned on me that by the end of they year he gets the MAX potential of every team regardless of how rough the start may be. He will do the same next year as well and i can't wait to see what it produces!
We could've won the Michigan game this year if not for that lineup of all backups that let them go on a 17-0 run. :D:cool:

Reactions: rexerdog
Roy's most efficient teams have had two things in common - a stud running point and legitimate post threat. UNC should have both this season. If the post game develops then Anthony has the experience to keep the floor spread to provide open outside looks. Also, this UNC team has the potential to be REALLY strong on defense.

PF - Garrison Brooks

Keeling is a 6'3-4" 2 guard, not sure how he would help us being thin at the 3, 4, and 5?

Keeling is a 6'3-4" 2 guard, not sure how he would help us being thin at the 3, 4, and 5?

didnt mean to insinuate he would play those positions but i did make it sound like that. We’re thin on the ft line but hes still a great addition regardless is what i shoulda said

didnt mean to insinuate he would play those positions but i did make it sound like that. We’re thin on the ft line but hes still a great addition regardless is what i shoulda said

Roy seems less concerned. Lately his sole focus has been the 2 position in Harris/Keeling.

I guess he thinks we can piece together the front line between Brooks/Bacot/Manley or go small. Wing help is harder to piece together.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Petty guys. You each have an opinion. We share it and if u dont agree.. it doesnt make your opinion better or right. If Gary feels player "x" is better than player "y"... does it matter? Hell both were Heels.

The problem I think most have with Gary is if you don’t agree with him he knows more than you and you are wrong...I am still waiting on my blown assist stats for Coby this year...

Roy seems less concerned. Lately his sole focus has been the 2 position in Harris/Keeling.

I guess he thinks we can piece together the front line between Brooks/Bacot/Manley or go small. Wing help is harder to piece together.
It's not if you believe BRob and Leaky can both play the three. That means adding Keeling puts them both at that spot, meaning we'd have plenty of depth.

Here's a list of the primary 3s in the Final Four last year:

Kyle Guy: 6-2, 175
Jarrett Culver: 6-5, 195
Aaron Henry: 6-6, 210
Samir Doughty: 6-4, 195

Leaky is as big as any of those guys, and Brob would only really be giving up much size to Henry. We'd be fine at the three. Really would only ever see a mismatch with a big wing like Hurt or Barrett, but they're rare and we might also have an offensive advantage.

You (collective you) really want to pass up a great scorer who is a hard defender because of nitpicking about defensive positions? We have room to add Pierce in addition to Keeling, so there's no reason to pass on Keeling upfront.

The problem I think most have with Gary is if you don’t agree with him he knows more than you and you are wrong...I am still waiting on my blown assist stats for Coby this year...

That stat got tossed in the trash when JB left.

#timestamp

? As a freshman PG at UNC all time where does Coby rank...Stats and facts...
Talking grad transfers... I think Roy wants Keeling and might not be so confident about pierce (just a hunch). Last scholly probably goes to a walk on... Roy does this often.

Reactions: KOOL123
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT