ADVERTISEMENT

The one little cliche that pushes her/his button

yrusonvus

All-American
Oct 28, 2007
Okay guys/gals what's the one catch-phrase or cliche that gets under your significant other's skin. I mean really sets them on fire. Well, if you really want to piss off my girl, then just tell her "you went all the way around your ass to get to your elbow" and you may want to duck shortly after saying it. But hey, in my defense, she constantly sets herself up by taking the long way to say or do something.

My wife hates " At the end of the day " . . . it just drives her bananas for some reason.

laugh.r191677.gif
. . . oh well.

"Any way, shape or form . . " was always a favorite of mine as well . . she uses that one a lot now as well, repetition and all.

No particular phrase. Sometimes just opening my mouth to speak will set her off.

If I tell her she has shit for brains it sets her off. I don't know why....

This post was edited on 3/4 5:23 PM by prlyles

what bothers her: "i don't need to see the whole game"...which of course is a lie

what bothers me: "do you want me to make a list?"...which of course is a lie...or yes, obviously i do because how in the hell can i remember all of this!?!?

Originally posted by prlyles:

I hope you're joking, but that is just so wrong, I had to laugh.
laugh.r191677.gif

When I tell her to " get in the game" as in pay attention, or wake up, she just loses it.

Or when I ask her "haven't you used up all of your words for the day yet?" that doesn't go over very well either.

Originally posted by WhatTheHeel?:
Originally posted by prlyles:

I hope you're joking, but that is just so wrong, I had to laugh.
laugh.r191677.gif
You bet I'm joking....

I can't think of any little sayings that specifically get on my wife's nerves.

But my wife struggles with sayings, idioms, colloquialisms, whatever you want to call them. She just can't ever get them right. For example, instead of "beating around the bush", she'll say something like, "quit running around the bush - just say it!" It's always provided some levity in more serious discussions between us. But I can quickly ruin the lightheartedness when I have to remind her that she said her chosen idiom wrong.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Any of you guys ever tell your wife/girlfriend to calm down?

I highly recommend against it.
Yes, I have. It appears to have exactly the OPPOSITE effect.

I don't think she likes it when I rip a colossal fart in the bed first thing in the morning.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
I don't think she likes it when I rip a colossal fart in the bed first thing in the morning.
laugh.r191677.gif

I can't tell you how many mornings I think "quit hitting snooze" or "hurry up and get in the shower." I really, really try to avoid launching one while she's still in the bed. Nobody wants to start their day by being farted on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT