ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Duke in the battle of the Blues game thread on: Saturday 3 February 2024 at the Dean Dome…

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I very rarely start a game thread 6 hours before tip off but the FIRST time these two Basketball blue bloods (the key word here is First) is something that happens only once. It is a day like your birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving ,your anniversary of your marriage and the birthday of your children that you circle on the calendar to make sure you do not miss it because it MEANS so much to you.

I must admit as I get older (70 now) I am not as amped up as much as I use to get in my previous 60 plus years but I can tell you everything around my house that needs my attention today will be addressed way before game time.

Both teams have tremendous outside shooters and for that reason I believe the winner of this game will be determined in the paint. Last year Flipowski hurt both Bacot and Washington and because Washington was still battling his injury and had absolutely no lateral movement the seven footer for Duke wore him down and out.

With the record setting rebounds that Ingram is collecting game in and game out I do believe Bacot will be free to leave the lane and cover Flipowski straight up and that is what Clemson did so successfully last weekend.

My biggest concern will be who Proctor has to cover. If he is assigned to Davis I fully expect Cadeau and Trimble will attack Roach and go constantly to the hole.

I would like to also see Ryan and Ingram attack the basket instead of being happy launching three pointers from all over Chapel Hill.

Finally I want to see Bacot (EVEN if he is trying his best to play with some discomfort) (the key word here is EVEN) and Washington play like they have a point to prove to Duke and some fans here and just go off both offensively and defensively…Take no prisoners and leave no doubt because this day only comes once year and everybody wants it to be one to remember…

Why would Flipoffski want to take Bacot outside when he can take him easily down low and possibly get him in foul trouble? I haven't watched dook this year so if flipoff is a great 3pt shooter I see your point.

Great to see the team on the floor warming up w/o the headphones .. as it should be !!

Duke has 5 guards all over 6’3 so you must be concerned with them posting up the smaller Carolina guards like teams have done all year…

I think a real key is limiting Roach and Mclain's clean looks, when they get hot duke is double hard to take down. If we use it, I think Jwash would be a huge weapon for us with his ability to hit mid range jumpers as well as out to trey if the op presents.

Roach trying to be Superman is now hurt Davis a layup and Bacot on the break scores and Ingram with a steal and layup before Proctor scores but then Ryan BOOM 13-8

Bacot finding the gear he excelled in the last few years. That gear is simply him playing tough, determined and strong.

Foster nice drive and Trimble a layup 20-14 and young a. - layup and a Roach triple Before Bacot a reverse layup 22-19 then Roach another three 22-22

Bacot has been tired and grabbing his shorts for several minutes. There's just been no breaks to sub him out.

why does seth continue to camp in the corner when he's not a big outside threat?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT