ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger

I'm amazed at how well he has played this year, mostly in the second half of the tour . . . he seems to have adjusted his game very nicely after all those injuries/surgeries he has endured.

I had serious doubts that he would ever make another Ryder Cup squad even with his popularity factored in for the TV draw.

I'm a big time Tiger fan, and am wishing him all the best going forward, it'd sure be nice to see him win it today and the help it would give his confidence would be the biggest boost of all.

It's been a great sports weekend for me, the Tar Heels, the Redskins, the Cardinals and Tiger . . all doing as well as I could possibly hope for.

sofajump.gif
fistbump.gif
sofajump.gif
fistbump.gif
sofajump.gif

I don’t think he’s getting caught today... The golf world will be going nuts around 7pm

it’s going to be hard to bet against him at Augusta next year

Reactions: Heelicious
What a wonderful picture! I watched it off and on yesterday. With the timing of the event, and how many spectators in the mob were likely lubed up (drunk) - it is just amazing to me how nobody tried to break through and hug, high 5, approach Tiger. I was surprised they didn't keep people back further. It seemed like walking up the 18th fairway, the mob was often like 5 feet away from him.

Recently it seems like there is a lot more of "humble, broken and redeemed, gritty-fight-through-injuries-and-mental-challenges, modest, good Tiger. One who is much more likeable than when he was previously on top of the world, IMO. His comments and graciousness after the event to Justin Rose, etc, were perfect.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
all i care about is if he’s on this week...this might be the biggest cup for us in decades.

need to stomp those euros.

Reactions: BillyL
also, the media needs to lay off the anointing oils...not a full field, 30 players...it’s a great win for his psyche and ratings, though.

Reactions: BillyL
also, the media needs to lay off the anointing oils...not a full field, 30 players...it’s a great win for his psyche and ratings, though.

True, but its basically the best 30 players.

True, but its basically the best 30 players.

cmon, man...you mean like that nascar thingy they go by?

the field is smaller and some dudes don’t care...an escalated tour event or even the players would be impressive...he posted two 65’s so that gives me hope for this weekend.

cmon, man...you mean like that nascar thingy they go by?

the field is smaller and some dudes don’t care...an escalated tour event or even the players would be impressive...he posted two 65’s so that gives me hope for this weekend.

Im not disagreeing with you, but it’s still a pretty stacked field. Even at majors there’s always a bunch of guys that look like they don’t belong out there. And obviously there are great players that weren’t in the field, but most of the big time guys were there.

There's a reason that the Masters has the weakest field of all majors and that reason is the same reason that the Tour Championship is the weakest field in the entire season.

You're both horribly wrong and at this point just haters.

It's the 30 players playing the best golf both of the season and at the time. Oh, you're salty that Tiger won an event that Alexander Bjork and Chessen Hadley didn't qualify for? Have fun on that hill.

You're both horribly wrong and at this point just haters.

It's the 30 players playing the best golf both of the season and at the time. Oh, you're salty that Tiger won an event that Alexander Bjork and Chessen Hadley didn't qualify for? Have fun on that hill.

If you think any of those guys playing last Sunday prepare for that tournament the same way they prepare for a major, we'll just end the discussion now.

No one is "hating" on Tiger. I'm happy he won. I was never really a Tiger fan but his situation over the past 8 years has humbled him and changed him into a more likable guy. Throw in the way the media treated him and he is easy to root for these days.

But you did the typical millennial thing - we disagree with your incorrect assessment and we're just hating. Did you ever think you're just a Tiger Woods dick rider? Because from where I sit, that's my assessment.

I was never really a Tiger fan but his situation over the past 8 years has humbled him and changed him into a more likable guy. Throw in the way the media treated him and he is easy to root for these days.

Completely agree. Back during his decade of dominance I was pretty neutral on Tiger (granted, I wasn't as big into golf then as I am now, which allowed me to be neutral and not be all for him or all against him).

But after all the sex addiction, divorce, injuries, and the way the media trashed him - I'm all in on Tiger and root for him to win every tournament now.

Did you ever think you're just a Tiger Woods dick rider? Because from where I sit, that's my assessment.

Yes. I openly admit that I am. You guys choosing right now to throw shade on Tiger Woods is awful timing and does just make you sound like you hate winners.

It's dick rider time right now, not hater time.

Yes. I openly admit that I am. You guys choosing right now to throw shade on Tiger Woods is awful timing and does just make you sound like you hate winners.

It's dick rider time right now, not hater time.

When is it “realistic” time? Because that’s my honey hole.

this doc on hbo is ridiculous...one week at a time, but the episode this week is good.

publicists already condemning, shocker.

this doc on hbo is ridiculous...one week at a time, but the episode this week is good.

publicists already condemning, shocker.

The book that this documentary is based on is pretty damning for Tiger and his dad. Next week’s episode is going to get real dirty.

It’s mostly true - but you don’t get to hear Tiger’s side on any of this.

The book that this documentary is based on is pretty damning for Tiger and his dad. Next week’s episode is going to get real dirty.

It’s mostly true - but you don’t get to hear Tiger’s side on any of this.
I'm guessing that's tiger's fault. I would be really surprised if HBO didn't try to get an interview or at least a comment from him.

I'm guessing that's tiger's fault. I would be really surprised if HBO didn't try to get an interview or at least a comment from him.
I was planning to watch it. But if its only to pile it on the man, then i won't.

He's got his own book/bio coming out in April so I'm sure he didn't want to compete with that by participating with this one that is produced by two guys who are pretty strongly anti-Woods family. Can't blame him for that.

I agree with you though that he probably wouldn't have participated anyway once he heard they are bringing in Rachel Uchitel and the like.

I was planning to watch it. But if its only to pile it on the man, then i won't.

The first episode wasn't a pile on - it was a lot about him from 1997-2009 and how great he was. If it's following the book, however, it's about to get ugly in the next episode.

if you like golf, if you’ve ever watched golf because of tiger, if you are a fan of tiger, and even if you were at first(me) then soured on him later on, you should watch...at the very least you learn a lot about what was behind this phenomenon.

He's got his own book/bio coming out in April so I'm sure he didn't want to compete with that by participating with this one that is produced by two guys who are pretty strongly anti-Woods family. Can't blame him for that.

I agree with you though that he probably wouldn't have participated anyway once he heard they are bringing in Rachel Uchitel and the like.
I can understand that, but he can't complain it's one sided, when he declined the opportunity to tell his side.

if you like golf, if you’ve ever watched golf because of tiger, if you are a fan of tiger, and even if you were at first(me) then soured on him later on, you should watch...at the very least you learn a lot about what was behind this phenomenon.
Not that im really a fan of golf, just enjoy superstar stories. Kind of like nascar, i know the names of some of the greats, enjoy their success, but never follow e erytime they are on.

I will share this. I know Tiger had horrible back issues. I have the same surgery he had. Spinal fusion, but the operated thru the belly instead of the muscles in the back. Highly successful. I think that and proper rehab is what got him competing again. I like to see the greats make a comeback. Tyson, jordan, woods, ect....

Reactions: gteeitup
Personally thought it was very underwhelming, especially after the Jordan doc. I just didn’t think the production quality was all that impressive. Sound track was weird and it just kinda skipped around

Last edited:
Personally thought it was very underwhelming, especially after the jordan doc. I just didn’t think the production quality was all that impressive. Sound track was weird and it just kinda skipped around

agree .. i'm too used to 30-for-30 productions i guess. this felt like a group of high school kids put it together (so far).

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT