ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley to Remain in NBA Draft, Sign with Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! The Lakers will pick him at #28 if he is not gone by then. Give him 2-3 years and he will be a force in the league. The Heels needed a OAD.....

Roy told him to go and blessed the decision. Good for Tony and good for the Heels.

Reactions: RP12 and viking131
Great! The Lakers will pick him at #28 if he is not gone by then. Give him 2-3 years and he will be a force in the league. The Heels needed a OAD.....

Roy told him to go and blessed the decision. Good for Tony and good for the Heels.
Welp, hope it works out for him. We'd also better hope he does get snagged in the first round, otherwise that "Carolina finally got a OAD" won't mean squat on the recruiting trail if he falls into the second.

Welp, hope it works out for him. We'd also better hope he does get snagged in the first round, otherwise that "Carolina finally got a OAD" won't mean squat on the recruiting trail if he falls into the second.

Agree there.

This can only help big man recruiting for UNC. He will be better than Okafor within 2 years.

Reactions: trestyles
Good for you Tony. I always knew you had the potential to be OAD.

I'm also glad you commit when others where SCARED of the NCAA, or so they say. You help us all season become 2017 champions.

I hope this helps perception but fear the narrative shifts to "a OAD big couldn't start at UNC". I just doubt that Roy's style and straightforward nature works with a large portion of these kids. I'm glad for it either way.

The Lakers are praying he is available at #28. He has a guarantee.

I hope this helps perception but fear the narrative shifts to "a OAD big couldn't start at UNC". I just doubt that Roy's style and straightforward nature works with a large portion of these kids. I'm glad for it either way.

I don't think tony was considered OAD before the season, he also knew Meeks and Hicks were still here. If that perception hurts us how the heck can dook keep reeling in bigs? Bolden was a top 10 recruit and Jeter was too 15 and neither could sniff the court last year!! Good luck Tony!!

This will do NOTHING as far as OAD's. TB will be a second round pick and if he makes any impact in the NBA will be couple years down the pike. Also, Roy did not tell him to go, just gave him advice. The decision was up to the TB and family (DAD!!) and chose to stay in draft.

This can only help big man recruiting for UNC. He will be better than Okafor within 2 years.
My selfish concern is that Roy and UNC won't get much credit for developing him or helping him get into the NBA as a OAD.

So it may not help recruiting and might even be used against us.

I hope I'm wrong.

This will do NOTHING as far as OAD's. TB will be a second round pick and if he makes any impact in the NBA will be couple years down the pike. Also, Roy did not tell him to go, just gave him advice. The decision was up to the TB and family (DAD!!) and chose to stay in draft.

Someone piss in your wheaties this morning??? Geez Francis you need to lighten up! Sounds like you are an insider....you got any other info you want to share....as an insider of course!

Wish him the very best

BUT

Big mistake imho. Leaving millions on the table. Wont get drafted first rd. wont get guaranteed money. Hopefully for his sake i'm wrong. Maybe he squeaks in late first rd. I cant help but think that coach advised him to stay and play himself into a sure first rd pick and guaranteed money. Barring injury he would certainly be drafted no lower after next season than now. My fear is he goes early 2nd round to a crap team and its 3-4 yrs before we ever hear of him again.

Last edited:
Someone piss in your wheaties this morning??? Geez Francis you need to lighten up! Sounds like you are an insider....you got any other info you want to share....as an insider of course!
C'mon now, he didn't really say anything that wasn't true, other than the fact that none of us know where Tony will be drafted.

Now that he's gone I'm hoping that turns out to be first round, both for his sake and UNC's --- but there are no "guarantees" for anyone outside the top 10-15 guys of actually being a first-rounder. That one team that tells you you're a "first round talent" and that they really like you may decide on another guy and then you don't get another sniff until several picks later.

Tony is definitely an NBA talent, but that will be a couple years down the road to come to fruition. I hope it works out for him taking this route to get there...

Reactions: heelmanwilm
2017 Natty Champs....I repeat this to every rival fan I talk to and all I hear are crickets. Try it folks! Losing Bradley is part of the price you pay for success! Could have lost Berry also. I will take this deal any day! The last OAD player at UNC was 2007.

It is extremely selfish to get mad at the first kid in what seems like forever that might have gotten more out of playing at UNC from a draft perspective than he contributed in statistics on the court. Tony is realizing a dream. As the cliche goes.."if it is to be, it's up to me". The kid does not owe fans anything and we should support him.

Rumor out there that the Lakers have quaranteed they will pick him at #28 if he is there. If you saw the interview Bradley did yesterday, his smile was wider than the grand canyon.

Brooks may start at the 5 and will do more than and adequate job.

If the lakers or any team are guaranteeing players they'll draft them they are flaming morons. You cant predict what will happen in a draft. What if someone ranked higher on your board drops unexpectedly to you? That "guarantee" and two quarters is worth 50 cents. If you're staking your future in such then you are rolling the dice.

It is extremely selfish to get mad at the first kid in what seems like forever that might have gotten more out of playing at UNC from a draft perspective than he contributed in statistics on the court. Tony is realizing a dream. As the cliche goes.."if it is to be, it's up to me". The kid does not owe fans anything and we should support him.

Rumor out there that the Lakers have quaranteed they will pick him at #28 if he is there. If you saw the interview Bradley did yesterday, his smile was wider than the grand canyon.

Brooks may start at the 5 and will do more than and adequate job.
C'mon Steat, nobody here is wishing anything but ultimate success for Tony.

However, being realistic and worrying about consequences is not being unsupportive, it's being, well, realistic. And again, unless you're among the top 10-15 guys there are no guarantees, no matter what a front office tells you. What if a player they wanted more but thought would be gone suddenly drops into their lap at #28? Easy answer --- you're screwed, and that sort of thing happens pretty much every draft.

Look, I make no apologies in saying I think he's making a mistake, but I'm not about to be "mad" at Tony for going ahead and taking his shot.

That being said, here are a couple of things about this that I and a couple of other folks on this board know for a fact:
1. The Bradleys came to UNC with their heads together and on a "3/2 plan", i.e., stay 3 years, or 2 if he blew up (that IMO was exactly the right plan for Tony given his development, and one that Roy agreed with).
2. Back around Dec/Jan some hangers-on in FL (who recently started scavenging around the E1T1 program with disingenuous intent) started chirping in his dad's ear and blowing smoke that Tony was ready to go and would never be able to showcase his game at UNC under Roy. That's what started this whole thing and these are the people I'm mad at, as these types of leeches are absolute scourges of college basketball.

So bottom line is at this point? It is what it is. I can only hope now that it nonetheless works out and Tony has a successful career.

Oh, and I agree --- Brooks may start and has a chance to contribute early and be very good for us :cool:.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
2017-2018 season is gonna be small ball. Much like 2012-2013 season. Roy go ahead and prepare to adjust for this.

5 spot Luke
4 spot Theo
3 spot Robinson
2 spot Jalek
1 spot Berry

Lakers are projected to take Hartenstein a 7'1" big man from Germany at #28 and Caleb Swanigan (an accomplished scorer)at #33 and now ,all of a sudden they are going to take TB at 28 , who is considered an NBA project?

That being said, here are a couple of things about this that I and a couple of other folks on this board know for a fact:
1. The Bradleys came to UNC with their heads together and on a "3/2 plan", i.e., stay 3 years, or 2 if he blew up (that IMO was exactly the right plan for Tony given his development, and one that Roy agreed with).
2. Back around Dec/Jan some hangers-on in FL (who recently started scavenging around the E1T1 program with disingenuous intent) started chirping in his dad's ear and blowing smoke that Tony was ready to go and would never be able to showcase his game at UNC under Roy. That's what started this whole thing and these are the people I'm mad at, as these types of leeches are absolute scourges of college basketball.

I don't believe either of these 2 things. Where are you getting this type of info?

C'mon Steat, nobody here is wishing anything but ultimate success for Tony.

However, being realistic and worrying about consequences is not being unsupportive, it's being, well, realistic. And again, unless you're among the top 10-15 guys there are no guarantees, no matter what a front office tells you. What if a player they wanted more but thought would be gone suddenly drops into their lap at #28? Easy answer --- you're screwed, and that sort of thing happens pretty much every draft.

Look, I make no apologies in saying I think he's making a mistake, but I'm not about to be "mad" at Tony for going ahead and taking his shot.

So bottom line is at this point? It is what it is. I can only hope now that it nonetheless works out and Tony has a successful career.

Oh, and I agree --- Brooks may start and has a chance to contribute early and be very good for us :cool:.

Or he played well enough like some of us thought he would and got good feed back from actual nba people and us making an informed choice. Seems much more likely than the conspiratorial garbage you just vomited up.

I don't believe either of these 2 things. Where are you getting this type of info?
Well, I don't care what you choose to believe. They are facts. Hell, the first one came from the Bradleys when Tony committed. I and others discussed it on the board at the time and dad later even made mention of their plan in an interview --- in other words, no big secret. The second comes from somone intimately connected to the E1T1 program, and out of respect for his position that's as far as I'm gonna go with that.

Or he played well enough like some of us thought he would and got good feed back from actual nba people and us making an informed choice. Seems much more likely than the conspiratorial garbage you just vomited up.
You are once again completely clueless, and have no idea what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT