ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Miami: Game 1 (Miami wins 6-5)

Re: UNC at Miami: Game 1

I believe Trevor Kelley is on the mound for UNC.

Raburn opens with a double to left to lead off the 16th inning. Yes, 16. And this is the first game of a double header.

Massardo pinch hits for Zengel and grounds out.

Zach Daly walks and UNC now has runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

Russell with a long fly for the 2nd out, runners can't advance.

Parks Jordan with a hot shot up the middle!

Raburn rounds 3rd and the throw to the plate is high. Heels score and now lead 5-4.

Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs T16.

Edit: Grounder to the 3rd baseman ends the inning.

Heels will face 7-8-9 in the Miami order, bottom of the 16th.

At this point, I'm thinking they'll move the double header to tomorrow. Otherwise the next game will go until midnight tonight.

This post was edited on 5/16 7:57 PM by Raising Heel

And Miami opens with a lead-off single. Crap.

Wow. The Canes bunt and Chacon manages to get the lead runner from behind the plate. 2-6 out for the Heels there. That's a pretty ballsy play to prevent Miami from getting a RISP.

Awesome Raising! Thanks for the updates, let me know when it's over...

2nd game supposed to be on tv here in my parts so I hope not!!! We played til 130 last year. lol

Kelley with a 5-pitch walk. Canes now have the tying run at 2nd, winning run at 1st with 1 out.

Coach Forbes on to talk to Kelley. Nobody in the bullpen, so Kelley will have to hang on here if the Heels are going to end it in this inning.

Tough one in the to lose!!! U can't walk anyone in that situation!!!! Go Heels

Crap, makes me sick too. We gotta win one and was hoping for a series win. We can, but hope this doesn't haunt us. Blown game it seems. Thanks sc30 and raising for the updates!

Demoralizing. It will be an intense test of this team's mental toughness to see if they can bounce back in the second leg of the doubleheader

Hate to say it, but this team has lacked mental toughness all season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose the second game 8-2. Not trying to be negative...just an observation from following the team this season.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose the second game 8-2. Not trying to be negative...just an observation from following the team this season.
Bad fan alert!!!!!!1!1!1111!1!

laugh.r191677.gif

I'll tell you what really worries me is the knowledge that Benton Moss will be starting the next game. He's such a cerebral guy...too cerebral sometimes. If he struggles early with control, it gets in his head and he has trouble shaking it off. Hopefully he's on his game tonight. When he's good, he's really good. We need a win this weekend and it was really painful to see that one slip through our fingers.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

so true. I had to stop listening but sounds like we gave it away. fundamentals kills us again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT