ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Texas A&M GAME THREAD

Roy didn’t shoot 12/36 and 1/13.

Roy drew up a great play and Manley missed a one footer.
He needs to get the guards to pressure the ball on defense. A&M can really easily get the ball inside right now and fronting or playing behind the post player is irrelevant if there's no pressure on the ball.

That's a strategy Roy is failing at. Worrying about if we front or not as opposed to making the actual post pass more difficult.

A terrible half BUT we MUST attack them all over the court... lets start the second half on a run and keep it going otherwise the season is over after a miserable half of Ball. the CROWD needs to get into it and get this team moving as well. Bottom line..... Theo and JB need to lead us out of this trench we dug ourselves

This team can only be elite with the version of Luke we got early in the year. And that version doesn't seem likely to return.

Change your shirts, hoodies, jersey, seating location, etc etc. Need to come out on fire and find a way to get back into this game before we hit the 10 min mark.

This shouldn't be a huge surprise that A&M is winning this game. They're much more talented than we are. Surprising at how poorly we've played, but this was a terrible match up for us. No idea why people didn't want Providence. They have 0 size. A&M might be 3 pros on the front line.

You sound stupid as usual. This team is 21-12. Yeah they match up well with us inside, but we’re missing tons of uncontested shots

I know we gotta get players some rest and Luke getting his 2nd foul forced the substitutions, but damn we started the game so well and the bench guys really hurt us. Wish we had left the starters in to keep the momentum going. We missed 14 of our last 17 shots! Damn!!!

You sound stupid as usual. This team is 21-12. Yeah they match up well with us inside, but we’re missing tons of uncontested shots

I hate to agree with Jung but he’s right. This was a top 5 preseason team for a reason. And they’re a terrible matchup for this version of UNC.

We've also lost 10 games this year. Providence would have been 22-13 if they played us. What's the point? Providence would have been a better matchup for us.

You do realize you are the ONLY PUNDIT who thought a&m was a bad matchup.. oh and they aren't as talented just outplaying

Lol. No he’s really not the only one who thought they were a bad matchup. Anyone who knows the two teams would have figured that out.

They’re definitely more talented inside. Overall it’s probs a push just in terms of talent

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Lol. No he’s really not the only one who thought they were a bad matchup. Anyone who knows the two teams would have figured that out.

They’re definitely more talented inside. Overall it’s probs a push just in terms of talent
Ok everyone I listen to not dspn said this was a bad matchup for a&m not us sooooooo

How are we playing this bad? Wth is happening? It’s like we caught a bug with 3 minutes left in the last duke game. We can’t score!!!

I wanted Providence to win since I watched the first half of their game on Friday

How are we playing this bad? Wth is happening? It’s like we caught a bug with 3 minutes left in the last duke game. We can’t score!!!
You know those times in the past where if teams weren't hitting their 3's, we would destroy them pretty easily because we were usually a lot bigger than our opponent? It's happening against us this time. We need to hit our shots and hope they ignore going inside for chunks of the game.

Reactions: Carolina Way
Big trouble!! We do not match up with the wide body skilled bigs at all. I know people said Duke is big, but these guys play in the post. We need to knock down some threes or it's a moot point and get into much more transition, make them run. Half court is a problem!!!!!

Ok everyone I listen to not dspn said this was a bad matchup for a&m not us sooooooo

I mean I know you’re over exaggerating but that’s okay. I really don’t care if the entire world said it’s not a bad matchup. I’m not an expert but I can look at a team with a big, athletic, and long front court with above average guards and KNOW what kind of matchup it is.

I mean duke was a bad matchup. It’s not taboo to say it, it doesn’t mean we can’t still win. It just means this version of our team was going to be tested.

Toss in a disaster of a half and we’re down 14.

You know those times in the past where if teams weren't hitting their 3's, we would destroy them pretty easily because we were usually a lot bigger than our opponent? It's happening against us this time. We need to hit our shots and hope they ignore going inside for chunks of the game.

I say we just auto help and make them win it from 3. Makes me think of the final 4 game where we helped on Blake Griffin on every touch. Obviously this guys isn’t that skilled but you get my drift.

I say we just auto help and make them win it from 3. Makes me think of the final 4 game where we helped on Blake Griffin on every touch. Obviously this guys isn’t that skilled but you get my drift.
Guards have to pressure the ball.

Dang. Not how I hoped we’d start out. We simply cannot win this game unless we get shots to fall soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT