ADVERTISEMENT

UVA vs UNC

Drake 50 percent throwing. 5 y per carry and criminally underusing the run. Awful punting. D- defense. Anatomy of a 3 td favorite home upset loss.

And that does it. Cannot block for the QB. WRs cannot get open consistently against UVA DBs.

Mack is the 2nd oldest coach in CFB. He is not going to win the ACC. If Maye goes NFL, next year Mack might coach a 6-6 team. If you want a real shot at a title, replace Mack and have a chance.

Yes, it did
the ball can touch the ground, the ground just can't help make the catch. There is no evidence that the ground helped make that catch, or to put it another way, there's was no way to determine that McCollum didn't have control without benefit of the ground. Should have been a catch because it was ruled that way on the field.

"If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball, even if it touches the ground, will not be considered loss of possession; he must lose control of the ball in order for there to be a loss of possession."

the ball can touch the ground, the ground just can't help make the catch. There is no evidence that the ground helped make that catch, or to put it another way, there's was no way to determine that McCollum didn't have control without benefit of the ground. Should have been a catch because it was ruled that way on the field.

"If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball, even if it touches the ground, will not be considered loss of possession; he must lose control of the ball in order for there to be a loss of possession."
All that just for me? Thanks? It doesn't matter... it was ruled incomplete and they lost.

Another sport where coaching is in question, albeit younger. We will see this year - Duke #2 and we are #19, with cooper Flagg lined up for 2024 to knock us out of the top recruiting class spot the following year
And anybody who sleeps on Dook football under Elko is really stupid.

Disgraceful performance by Mack and the entire coaching staff.Losing to this uva team is an embarrassment and a humiliation.We were dominated at the lines scrimmage, and made gheir qb look like Elway. Drake was at his worst...dropped passes and terrible play calling. FORGET THE acc championship and anything other than something like the Gator bowl. Thought this year was going to be special...now looks like 9 and 3. Pathetic

Reactions: bluetoe
Recruiting has nosedived. This is as much talent as we’re going to get. Will almost certainly never have another QB as talented as Drake again.

They had an unbelievably favorable schedule to make a run at an ACC championship and playoff run. And they shit the bed just like they always do.

Everyone around the program knows that the fan base was expecting this. I hope the PTB are smart enough to realize that this staff will never win the fan base over again. And I hope the fan base is smart enough to stop buying tickets and writing checks to the Ram’s Club.

If Chip Lindsay is the best Mack can do at OC then he needs to retire and take this staff with him.

Reactions: tarheels0015
my question is why is it that a defender goes to the ground while being contacted by an offensive lineman, and that is deemed holding simply on that basis. The OL can't PULL him to the ground, but how the hell is he supposed to prevent the defender from going to the ground otherwise. We were absolutely screwed out of a TD that very well probably wins the game.

All that just for me? Thanks? It doesn't matter... it was ruled incomplete and they lost.
'All that' was for the purpose of clarification, regardless of where the question came from. You just happened to be the uninformed poster who posted it.

You're welcome anyway.

But thanks for letting me know we lost.

I’d advise avoiding ESPN or any college football media in general because we’re going to be the Miami of this week. The laughing stock of CFB fans everywhere

'All that' was for the purpose of clarification, regardless of where the question came from. You just happened to be the uninformed poster who posted it.

You're welcome anyway.

But thanks for letting me know we lost.
And, what a difference it made! lol

And anybody who sleeps on Dook football under Elko is really stupid.
My post had nothing to do with their football team - was about basketball and the fact that we may have coaching issues there too. Duke now has had two straight head coaches in football that their ‘fan’’base and program don’t deserve. Wish we could find one here

Disgraceful performance by Mack and the entire coaching staff.Losing to this uva team is an embarrassment and a humiliation.We were dominated at the lines scrimmage, and made gheir qb look like Elway. Drake was at his worst...dropped passes and terrible play calling. FORGET THE acc championship and anything other than something like the Gator bowl. Thought this year was going to be special...now looks like 9 and 3. Pathetic
Well said

Anybody want to guess how many carries Hampton got in the 2nd half?

Recruiting has nosedived. This is as much talent as we’re going to get. Will almost certainly never have another QB as talented as Drake again.

They had an unbelievably favorable schedule to make a run at an ACC championship and playoff run. And they shit the bed just like they always do.

Everyone around the program knows that the fan base was expecting this. I hope the PTB are smart enough to realize that this staff will never win the fan base over again. And I hope the fan base is smart enough to stop buying tickets and writing checks to the Ram’s Club.

If Chip Lindsay is the best Mack can do at OC then he needs to retire and take this staff with him.
This staff is definitely better than the one started with this go round at UNC. And if boosters had not raised all Hell, Mack would have had that utterly incompetent Greg Robinson as DC.

Agree with the recruiting and definitely been blessed with two great QBs which may never happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT