ADVERTISEMENT

UVA vs UNC

Really thought this would be a game to get some second or third stringers some PT but so much for that

This crap put on display by the staff should piss off the PTB

I’d like to think so but if the PTB actually gave a shit about football we’d probably have multiple national championships by now.

Random thought about the wonderful coaching. Is it possible we abandon the run due to trying to inflate drake’s numbers for the heisman race?

I think they were absolutely trying to do that in hopes that it would help attract a high level transfer next year. Having Sam helped get Drake and I think they’re hoping Drake would do the same for the next guy by being a Heisman finalist.

Random thought about the wonderful coaching. Is it possible we abandon the run due to trying to inflate drake’s numbers for the heisman race?
been thinking that after week 3 and especially more since the tez return…maye is already a top five pick…getting him more style points is risking the pass rush coming every down or getting maye hurt, it’s just stupid.

48 throws to 29 runs last night while never trailing by more than 7…hampton averaged almost six yards a carry too.

Nobody is modifying the play calling to get Maye a Heisman. That makes zero sense. He won't even be in the conversation if we don't win games.

been thinking that after week 3 and especially more since the tez return…maye is already a top five pick…getting him more style points is risking the pass rush coming every down or getting maye hurt, it’s just stupid.

48 throws to 29 runs last night while never trailing by more than 7…hampton averaged almost six yards a carry too.
Should have ran the ball 49 times last night…Makes no sense…Did the same thing last year vs Ga Tech…

Reactions: gteeitup
Upside is if you expect to be disappointed you literally can't be. Its a sport, we'll live.
I made sure not to go all in for this team and thought that there was a high probability for this loss. I'm still disappointed, but my disappointment is minimal.

Reactions: strummingram
I made sure not to go all in for this team and thought that there was a high probability for this loss. I'm still disappointed, but my disappointment is minimal.
They always break your heart. This one was a perfect example.

And, this won't be a popular opinion, but Drake Maye hasn't played to his potential all season. I realize it's a new OC, and I expect it to be different. But... he hasn't played really well all year. He hasn't played really well since the Georgia Tech loss last year.

They always break your heart. This one was a perfect example.

And, this won't be a popular opinion, but Drake Maye hasn't played to his potential all season. I realize it's a new OC, and I expect it to be different. But... he hasn't played really well all year. He hasn't played really well since the Georgia Tech loss last year.
His accuracy has been way off these last two games. I'm starting to wonder if he's playing hurt.

His accuracy has been way off these last two games. I'm starting to wonder if he's playing hurt.
The idea that he can start on an NFL team next season seems like a huge leap.

I thought for sure that when the football rolled out of the end zone in the UVA fumble... there was going to be a miracle. But, the miracle was for the Wahoos!

The idea that he can start on an NFL team next season seems like a huge leap.

I thought for sure that when the football rolled out of the end zone in the UVA fumble... there was going to be a miracle. But, the miracle was for the Wahoos!
Not hurt just not playing well…Fact is he missed a bunch of passes last night…Should have ran #28 30 times last night…Oh well still have games left so we will see…I really hope they bounce back because Basketball is going to be a disaster this year…

Not hurt just not playing well…Fact is he missed a bunch of passes last night…Should have ran #28 30 times last night…Oh well still have games left so we will see…I really hope they bounce back because Basketball is going to be a disaster this year…

Such an optimistic fan base we have. Let’s revisit this comment in January & then again in late March. SMH.

Nobody is modifying the play calling to get Maye a Heisman. That makes zero sense. He won't even be in the conversation if we don't win games.
if there was such a plan, I don't think the 'get Maye a Heisman' plan included losing the game. At any rate, you could see that this wasn't going to be his night early on. If you thought you were going to cap on a weak Va. defense to pad those stats, the plan should have been abandoned pretty quickly. It's almost like the coaches preached to the players to not take Va. lightly, and then proceeded themselves to take them lightly.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Inexplicable loss....

But...UNC is not out of running for the ACC Championship.
no, but they're almost out of the running for me giving a shit.

I'll get over it because I always have. But damn, to say it gets old is getting old.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Upside is if you expect to be disappointed you literally can't be. Its a sport, we'll live.
doesn't work that way with me. I expect to be disappointed and then when I am, it's doubly so because the anticipated disappointment didn't disappoint me. I always DVR our games and re-watch them, win or lose. This one just gets shitcanned, and now I have to try to erase the memory of that sorry, sorry performance.

To those who wanted us to make the playoffs, now you know why I did not... because if we can get embarrassed by Va. that way, imagine what a really good team would do to us.

it's possible. but more likely our coaches were just stupid, in a daze like our players.
Sad but probably true. One thing I wonder along those lines is if they were thinking that if they just kept calling pass plays, that eventually McCollum wood stop dropping the ball and all there receivers would start getting open. Just keep doing it, and they will get it right.

no, but they're almost out of the running for me giving a shit.

I'll get over it because I always have. But damn, to say it gets old is getting old.
Supposedly, UNC just must accept that it can't win much at football, but little itty bitty Wake has won the ACC Championship this century and has appeared in 7 consecutive bowls. The Deacs won Saturday with the 3rd string QB.

Sad but probably true. One thing I wonder along those lines is if they were thinking that if they just kept calling pass plays, that eventually McCollum wood stop dropping the ball and all there receivers would start getting open. Just keep doing it, and they will get it right.
there is no need for that ratio last night to win games…this isn’t 2014 when ecu couldn’t stop itself from scoring.

it’s bothersome to me that the play caller might believe carolina has to throw to win in these types of games when the running game is clearly the way to beat teams that want to pressure maye, knowing they can get home with four…defenses are playing coverage, run the fukking ball.

what’s funny or not funny is, the team next week does nothing great except keep defenses guessing because of rpo…this is the game i thought was the trap.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
if you watch herbert, he’s the closest comparison to maye for me.

and he’s getting horrible coaching as well…dude has a laser and can run, yet he’s throwing hitches or a go on each play…i don’t get it.

Supposedly, UNC just must accept that it can't win much at football, but little itty bitty Wake has won the ACC Championship this century and has appeared in 7 consecutive bowls. The Deacs won Saturday with the 3rd string QB.
I'll go to my grave not accepting it. It infuriates me that over all these years, our potential could have been reached at any time; yet the right people just don't give a shit about that. And it isn't just that I want us to be a winner, it's more that I can't stand to see the gross, consistently missed opportunity. There should be some law of the universe against that.

I assure you that influential people see Mack on the sidelines and get goosebumps, believing that our football program is right where it needs to be... represented by a decent and reputable HC, winning a few games, and not causing any problems.

I wonder how many people think Bubba operates independently of their influence.

doesn't work that way with me. I expect to be disappointed and then when I am, it's doubly so because the anticipated disappointment didn't disappoint me. I always DVR our games and re-watch them, win or lose. This one just gets shitcanned, and now I have to try to erase the memory of that sorry, sorry performance.

To those who wanted us to make the playoffs, now you know why I did not... because if we can get embarrassed by Va. that way, imagine what a really good team would do to us.
Meh, you're still alive i was right after all.

Gotta find something outside of a game to give you meaning.

Its not worth it.

Reactions: bluetoe
Ok I have to admit I have spent waaaaayy to much time thinking about the crap that was put on display Saturday night in CH. Just have a question. If the new OC was known as someone who loves to run the ball, which is what I have read, then why the F did we completely abandon that aspect of the game? It may have been already addressed but I haven’t read all the comments. I admit we don’t have the most dominant OL but they were doing ok run blocking but not worth a crap on pass blocking. Just no excuses for these type of games every freaking year.

Ok I have to admit I have spent waaaaayy to much time thinking about the crap that was put on display Saturday night in CH. Just have a question. If the new OC was known as someone who loves to run the ball, which is what I have read, then why the F did we completely abandon that aspect of the game? It may have been already addressed but I haven’t read all the comments. I admit we don’t have the most dominant OL but they were doing ok run blocking but not worth a crap on pass blocking. Just no excuses for these type of games every freaking year.
Excellent question that I would love to know the answer to. Maybe it will be addressed in his press conference. We've been close to 50/50 all year. Seems like the whole staff and team just didn't know how to handle the moment.

I’ve got no problem coming out and slinging the ball around but when it became* clear that the passing game was struggling, the staff never adjusted. That’s inexcusable.

Last edited:
I say run Hampton until the opponent starts putting 8 or 9 in the box, then let Maye start dropping back.

Reactions: gteeitup
I’ve got no problem coming out and slinging the ball around but when it because clear that the passing game was struggling, the staff never adjusted. That’s inexcusable.
Exactly. WRs dropping passes, Maye placing passes in open areas where WRs were not while those Was were covere4d where thy were - run the ball. Surely some HOF coach can figure that out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT