ADVERTISEMENT

Video Game Tournament- Nintendo Round One

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
Round one voting is here. Vote for each matchup in the same post. You have until 2:00 tomorrow to make your votes. Still waiting on Vegas odds to come in.

#1 Mario vs #8 Excitebike

#2 Mike Tyson's Punch Out vs #7 Tecmo Bowl

#3 Golden Eye vs #6 TMNT

#4 Zelda vs #5 Duck Hunt

Round one voting is here. Vote for each matchup in the same post. You have until 2:00 tomorrow to make your votes. Still waiting on Vegas odds to come in.

#3 Golden Eye vs #6 TMNT

#4 Zelda vs #5 Duck Hunt
Mario
Mike Tyson’s Punch Out
Golden Eye
Zelda

Reactions: tarheel0910
Gonna go chalk for Mario, GoldenEye, Zelda.

This 2/7 matchup is intense. I lean toward games you can play with your friends (GoldenEye being a great example) so because of that I'm going with the 7 seed Tecmo. Long live Bo Jackson and Eagles #12.

This 2/7 match up could have been the finals. Seems unfair to either one of them.

Mario (although the track creation feature in Excitebike was awesome)

MTPO (Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor would not be pleased)

These two games were pure wackness and I will not vote for either and instead will name Contra as the winner of this matchup.

Zelda is the most overrated video game in the history of video games. Duck Hunt wins.

Mario and GoldenEye - both of those are no contests and I look forward to their matchup in the regional final.

Punch Out/Tecmo Bowl is real close, I'll go Punch Out

Zelda was cool, but Duck Hunt was unique because of the gun as the controller, so for that reason I'm going Duck Hunt

I should have mentioned in the original post that I will only vote in the event of a tie. As the head of the committee, I still reserve the right to tell you if you get your pick wrong.

#3 Golden Eye vs #6 TMNT

#4 Zelda vs #5 Duck Hunt
I didn't play Nintendo (one of the few systems I didn't) so my votes are based on what my college roommate played. I guess this is akin to head coaches passing their coaches poll ballot to their assistant coaches.

#1 Mario
#7 Tecmo Bowl (I can't vote for an arcade adaption)
#3 Golden Eye
#4 Zelda

This region was wild. Some blow outs and some close ones. Some experts are calling the Punch Out vs Tecmo the game of the century. Tecmo overcame a huge deficit to take it into overtime, but ultimately fell short.

Mario wins 10-0
Punch Out wins 6-5
Goldeneye wins 9-0
Zelda wins 6-4

Reactions: toophly1124
This region was wild. Some blow outs and some close ones. Some experts are calling the Punch Out vs Tecmo the game of the century. Tecmo overcame a huge deficit to take it into overtime, but ultimately fell short.

Mario wins 10-0
Punch Out wins 6-5
Goldeneye wins 9-0
Zelda wins 6-4
lt-sad_orig.jpg

Mario wins 10-0
Punch Out wins 6-5
Goldeneye wins 9-0
Zelda wins 6-4

“Wait…what’s this?…here comes Contra onto the floor in an apparent protest of being left out of the tournament!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT