ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest at North Carolina game thread—-Monday 22 January 2024

If we play defense like this… wow.

We have yet to have a “hot game” during this streak where everyone hits 3s.
Our offense looks solid, but not spectacular (not lucky or streaky). Just kinda lugging along… Then you realize we are up 20 points.
We pushed tempo as much/as fast in the first 30 minutes as I have seen us all season. While also we have figured out how to guard… we wore them down.

I've been watching the Heels for a long time and I might just be getting old-timers disease but these guys get after it on D from tip to finish better than any team in my memory. There just don't seem to be any weak links. The help defense is a joy to watch. And RJ....I don't even know what to say.

If we play defense like this… wow.

We have yet to have a “hot game” during this streak where everyone hits 3s.
Our offense looks solid, but not spectacular (not lucky or streaky). Just kinda lugging along… Then you realize we are up 20 points.
We pushed tempo as much/as fast in the first 30 minutes as I have seen us all season. While also we have figured out how to guard… we wore them down.
That game will come when EC dishes out 15 assists, and we have 5-6 guys in double figures scoring, and a couple guys with a double double. When that game happens, we are going to destroy somebody. Great win!!!

Reactions: Heelicious
Ditto to all ofthe the above,especially the great d!!!!! BTW I don't think I have ever seen a player like Cormac who goes down with what looks like a very severe ankle sprain.,then 5 minutes later he is back in the game after tightening his shoes. Incredible really

I would have. Respect due to bacot but Ingram is way more athletic, quicker, jumps higher, seems stronger.
I agree but I don't think it's so much that. Bacot does not seem to have the same passion he did two years ago. Ingram would not have outrebounded the Bacot from the 2022 final 4 run where he had a double double in every single tournament game. He averaged over 13rpg that season.

I wish Bacot was still the same player but I think he's settled into a backseat role and lets others do more of the stuff. I think Bacot still has his role as his defense has been the best it's ever been. And his scoring and rebounding is good enough for the 4th or 5th best player.

I agree but I don't think it's so much that. Bacot does not seem to have the same passion he did two years ago. Ingram would not have outrebounded the Bacot from the 2022 final 4 run where he had a double double in every single tournament game. He averaged over 13rpg that season.

I wish Bacot was still the same player but I think he's settled into a backseat role and lets others do more of the stuff. I think Bacot still has his role as his defense has been the best it's ever been. And his scoring and rebounding is good enough for the 4th or 5th best player.
I agree with this generally especially in Ingram having more fire and passion it seems. But I’d still say at their peak - Ingram and Bacot - I think inge has quite superior physical gifts. Ingram could make it in the NBA. Bacot - no way. Overseas likely.

Reactions: TarHeelFanWV
I agree with this generally especially in Ingram having more fire and passion it seems. But I’d still say at their peak - Ingram and Bacot - I think inge has quite superior physical gifts. Ingram could make it in the NBA. Bacot - no way. Overseas likely.
Yes ingram is and always has been the better jumper and seems stronger. I just think Bacot has taken a step back. Maybe it's just other guys are better now and we aren't used to seeing that as Bacot has always been the guy for almost 4-5 years now. Bacot seems slower even with the weight loss and definitely doesn't seem as strong as before. Again, I will say he does seem quicker on defense as he does defend really well. I am fine with him being a 10/10 guy every night along with 3-4 blocked shots. We don't need him to be the best player anymore. I do miss the old Bacot from 2 years ago though, I can't lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT