ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Virginia game thread on Saturday 24 Feb 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I expect this game to be very similar to the Duke/Wake contest presently going on a very close and competitive battle that will go down to the wire.

I really do not care that the Tar Heels have not won up there in 13 years because these are different teams and this is a different year. I believe Carolina fully understands the overall importance of this game and the effort with a week off since they played last will make for win for the visitors…

Getting on a plane right at tip off time so I'll be interested to read the game thread to see how it went.

Go Heels!!!

Dook lost at Wake, so now this team needs to play with no pressure and take care of business.

Bacot really engaged early. Cormac made a corner 3. Solid start.

UVA didnt do drop coverage on a Cadeau-Bacot ball screen and EC got a wide open layup on a switch. If that’s their strategy, do that all game.

Withers, Washington, and Trimble all decide to go YoLo.

We should have fed Bacot way more. Now he has 2 fouls.

But hey, Withers got a behind the back dribble jumpshot attempt.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Bacot with a really dumb second foul. You can't play clean against Buchanan 1-on-1? Keep your hands up man.

Bacot shows frustration after picking up his first foul. Then commits a rather lazy 2nd foul. Need to be better.

Maybe UVA never makes a shot for the rest of the game though!

These Ingram iso post ups suck. The entry passer either needs to be Ryan or RJ so the help defender can’t help off.

On a positive the defense has been pretty solid. UVA has missed their share of shots that were decent looks, but defense has been solid without many breakdowns.

Did anyone else notice that Flipowski had to be helped off the a court at the end of the wake game when he got trampled by the happy Demon Deacon fans. His limp was very noticeable
When that Iowa girl player got freight trained by a fan I figured they’d crack down but they didn’t. They will now though. It was only a matter of time before a player got injured

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT