ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler commits

I suppose I'm just a sucker for New York City-area guards, but I'm hopeful he'll end up a Heel despite Pitt fans' confidence that Capel will land him. Also, if you discussed this in another place, then I missed it, but can you reveal anything about why Kessler didn't consider Georgia any more than he did?
Ahh... a can-o-worms-opener question if ever there was one :D:oops:. I actually hafta be a bit careful about what I put on the board right now (the short answer is Crean), but I promise I'll post some interesting intel from down here for y'all about the whole Kessler saga along with some other matters by the end of the week.

One thing I love about the way Roy recruits...he gets huge frontcourt players, and our frontcourt is going to be big this year-- and absolutely massive next year. Of course they'll be talented to boot.

I just hope some of these really talented players Roy is picking up, decide to stick around for multiple years...

My advice to opposing teams before shooting the ball: "Don't miss because you are not going to get many 2nd chances!" "UNC is going to OWN the glass offensively and defensively!"

Ahh... a can-o-worms-opener question if ever there was one :D:oops:. I actually hafta be a bit careful about what I put on the board right now (the short answer is Crean), but I promise I'll post some interesting intel from down here for y'all about the whole Kessler saga along with some other matters by the end of the week.

Get all that intel. This was an epic commitment. I don’t necessarily care about the dook angle - though, it is sweet - but I think it’s the biggest surprise since Theo and Indiana.

As for RJ Davis, love that kid and the NYC roots - upon which Dean sewed many of his oats. The path to commitment is there. No one is holding him back if he has an offer. Neither Cade nor Caleb preclude him from getting major minutes at the best program in the land, for years to come.

If Roy can’t pull off Cade and Caleb, then Caleb and RJ is fine with me.

Regardless, it’s a great day...

My advice to opposing teams before shooting the ball: "Don't miss because you are not going to get many 2nd chances!" "UNC is going to OWN the glass offensively and defensively!"
Don't sleep on this year's teams' rebounding either. I think we're going to be dominant again. Back to two bigs, and Cole, Keeling, Leaky, and Pierce are all great rebounders for their position.

Davis to Pitt is just a perfect fit and something Pitt truly needs as a program. He just took his official visit there.

One thing I found interesting was Capel setup up him meeting Curry on campus once also. Didn't know he had that connection.

Puff would have been a good fit for Pitt also but I find it very unlikely he goes to Pitt now since the area denied his 5th year of high school basketball.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Roy has his two bigs in the fold (honestly, I still can’t believe Kessler committed and to boot how quickly he did it), it’s time to bring in his PG and then he can go into this jam packed weekend swinging after Cade and Zairie as he shows them what they can join!

I see Cade listed as a PG.

If Caleb commits to UNC and Cade does also; would Cade play the 2-guard or 3??

Asking for another friend.

SHEESH!

These friends thee days!

:)
I am not one of those guys that follows the crystal ball folks lock step but when Evan Daniels makes a pick it is because he knows something, he picked UNC for Love yesterday, along with a couple others. looks like we have another big time PG!

SHEESH!

These friends thee days!

Not sure it really matters as I think both are capable of playing either spot. But I think Caleb would play point most of the time.

I am not one of those guys that follows the crystal ball folks lock step but when Evan Daniels makes a pick it is because he knows something, he picked UNC for Love yesterday, along with a couple others. looks like we have another big time PG!
Yep, Evan usually moves the needle. I'm surprised at the rush of UNC predictions yesterday, ending with one from an AZ "expert" late last night. It's now 100% UNC with 7 picks in. As Frank said, I would love to see Caleb commit before this weekend when we have Zaire and Cade coming for LNWR.

Sharpe, Kessler, Love, and either of those two would be a top 3 class.

It’s happening.... More good news to start the day, Evan Daniels just tweeted that Caleb has cancelled his Louisville visit this weekend and KU one in October. He’s now down to a Final 2 of us and Mizzou!

SHEESH!

These friends thee days!

Cade is the main PG for any school he chooses. Love would move mostly off the ball (as Marcus did) but we'd essentially run a two PG set similar to Berry/Paige in 2016.

all I can say on the matter is crean rubbed the Kesslers the wrong way

Last edited:
Peeps do tend to get angry if the Crean is rubbed the wrong way!

No matter the reason, Mr. Kessler made an excellent choice and will benefit greatly from our staff and his teammates!

Nice in-depth interview of Walker as It gives you some insight into the type of kid he is. We're gonna really like Walker!

Dude fits in Carolina system like a glove! Carolina bigmen don't usually develop a 3 until third year. He has the package to start as a stretch 4, a 7ft Luke Maye who can block shots, run and shoot is in unicorn realm for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT