ADVERTISEMENT

Well, well, well, is the OTHER SHOE about to fall? NCAA/CBS article on 6 schools.

TheGLOV

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2005
Gallup NM & McKees Rocks, Pa.
A high-ranking NCAA official told CBS Sports on Wednesday that at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations, the most serious infractions under NCAA rules, as a result of the federal government's investigation into corruption in the sport.

Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports at an athletic directors conference in Orlando, Florida, that two programs might receive notices of allegations by early July and that four more probably will receive them by the end of the summer.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...21/6-schools-notified-serious-ncaa-violations

Things are about to get interesting. Are you paying attention Bill?

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox told CBS Sports.

Last edited:
I want to see Kansas and Self nailed to the wall.
I do too....but at this point, based on recent experience, it feels like Self and Miller could smile for the unhidden, camera, as they are video-recorded handing over a suitcase of cash to the players, and going with them on a clothes and cars shopping trip....and somehow nothing would happen to them. It's so corrupt and negligent, but I have no faith in the NCAA doing anything to these top guys at high profile programs. It's almost like Self and Miller are flaunting what they can get away with. Maddening.

Take this to the bank, duke is not going to be one of those programs. ON wire tap, coach from another program discussed what it would take to get Zion yet Zion ends up at duke and committed well before the news of the FBI's involvement became public. So what ever decisions Zion or his family made were made before knowing of any FBI involvement.

Now this is a MAJOR point, not because I hate duke, you have THE major program that has dominated recruiting the last several years, they had 3 top 5 freshmen play for them last season. Between duke, Ky, Kansas, and Arizona all that has been left is their left overs. Now 2 of the 4 have been directly involved by their coaching staffs and duke has been involved because their #1 star and easy #! over all pick in the up coming NBA draft was mentioned in wire tap and the fact he made his decision to commit to duke BEFORE the news of this FBI sting was made public? And the 4th school (KY) while not mentioned so far in any of this NCAA stuff has not just a well documented history of cheating, in a conference where the motto is "if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin", and a head coach that has seen 2 final 4 seasons stripped due to cheating, well how is it ALL of these programs are not under the most intense media spotlight imaginable? Oh they celebrate their amazing recruiting classes and yet now, with iron clad proof of how 2 of those 4 got those classes and 1 very strongly associated, they sit on their hands minimizing this as best they can? Any journalist even as much as drive by where Zion's parents lived since he committed to duke, any of them ask simply how they can afford to live there, a few doors down from Zion's main recruiter (Jeff capel, assistant coach for duke at the time)? Any "journalist" offer up what Zion's parents did for income, maybe snap a picture of where they lived when the kid was being recruited and set it beside where they lived after he committed to duke and ask how they affords the new diggs?

Folks, duke's head coach himself, when originally asked about the FBI investigation, his reaction, well maybe kids should be paid? Not we don't do that at duke, not our players are not paid, they are student athletes, no denial, just a bit vague some what endorsement that what the FBI was investigating should maybe kinda sorta be allowed by NCAA guidelines???

Where ya at media, where ya hiding sports "journalists", someone wake Dan Kane up, he wanted that pulitzer winning story and he has both duke and NC State in his back yard, there is your story, where is your desire to write it?

Why exactly can't they use a wire-tapped call that they have already seen a transcript of? Since it was not in evidence for the Feds, ask for it yourself. OR just use the transcript you have already read! puke will skate like usual, Slimy will leave a trail, but it will be inadmissible, Self will "gosh I had no idea" his way out of it, and Miller.....he must have pictures of someone important because he has no talent or influence.

I fully expect SW Dakota State to get hammered, however!

They will never go after Duke. I will be shocked when Kansas gets hammered.

The blue evils are a member institution of the NCAA. Therefore, they can hang that "we're private" crap out to air.
KU has a problem that the cbs/espn article mentions and that I quoted, above.

Reactions: TheGLOV
"Interestingly enough, Wilcox did comment on one specific case, where Kansas assistant coach Kurtis Townsend was on a wire tap allegedly discussing a potential arrangement to bring superstar recruit Zion Williamson to Lawrence. But because the call wasn’t entered into evidence, Wilcox said the NCAA couldn’t use it."

That's pretty damn convenient, no?

OK, so don't get this twisted, because the wire tap was not entered in to evidence, it can not be considered public information accessible by the NCAA. Now not being a legal expert I can not tell you with exactness what ramifications may exist that prevent the FBI from turning over non-public information, I suspect there could be some privacy issues that prevent that. HOWEVER there is no dispute that such a wire tap does exist nor is there any dispute of whom was on that wire tap. The attorney's that were defending their clients that WANTED these wire taps to be admitted as evidence are a phone call away and they are clearly motivated to expose this stuff in their continued efforts to defend their clients.

So the fact that these taps were not officially entered in to court records and made public information does not mean the NCAA can not get that information and consider it nor does it mean journalists can not get it by the means I have offerred or by FOIA requests. Does seems like the NCAA is crafting it's "we can do nothing because we can't get all the information we need" excuse, that seems to always be their ace in the hole when they want to claim they are doing something but really don't want to do anything.

Other folks picking up the story:

https://sports.yahoo.com/which-scho...aa-crosshairs-in-hoops-scandal-201725988.html

A Yahoo Sports analysis of the federal court cases revealed that there’s somewhere around a dozen schools that could expect to be implicated by the NCAA. There’s also the issue of how the NCAA will handle the cases, as there’s an expectation that they could use the head coach control rule to punish coaches who had assistant coaches implicated in the schemes.

Those expected to be in the crosshairs and face the most significant penalties include: Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson all also had assistant coaches implicated in the scandal and could face sanctions.

Those expected to be in the crosshairs and face the most significant penalties include: Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson all also had assistant coaches implicated in the scandal and could face sanctions.
it amazes me that six of those are on my personal list of most disliked schools. it makes sense though because one of the reasons i hate them is they're scum.

Take this to the bank, duke is not going to be one of those programs. ON wire tap, coach from another program discussed what it would take to get Zion yet Zion ends up at duke and committed well before the news of the FBI's involvement became public. So what ever decisions Zion or his family made were made before knowing of any FBI involvement.

Now this is a MAJOR point, not because I hate duke, you have THE major program that has dominated recruiting the last several years, they had 3 top 5 freshmen play for them last season. Between duke, Ky, Kansas, and Arizona all that has been left is their left overs. Now 2 of the 4 have been directly involved by their coaching staffs and duke has been involved because their #1 star and easy #! over all pick in the up coming NBA draft was mentioned in wire tap and the fact he made his decision to commit to duke BEFORE the news of this FBI sting was made public? And the 4th school (KY) while not mentioned so far in any of this NCAA stuff has not just a well documented history of cheating, in a conference where the motto is "if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin", and a head coach that has seen 2 final 4 seasons stripped due to cheating, well how is it ALL of these programs are not under the most intense media spotlight imaginable? Oh they celebrate their amazing recruiting classes and yet now, with iron clad proof of how 2 of those 4 got those classes and 1 very strongly associated, they sit on their hands minimizing this as best they can? Any journalist even as much as drive by where Zion's parents lived since he committed to duke, any of them ask simply how they can afford to live there, a few doors down from Zion's main recruiter (Jeff capel, assistant coach for duke at the time)? Any "journalist" offer up what Zion's parents did for income, maybe snap a picture of where they lived when the kid was being recruited and set it beside where they lived after he committed to duke and ask how they affords the new diggs?

Folks, duke's head coach himself, when originally asked about the FBI investigation, his reaction, well maybe kids should be paid? Not we don't do that at duke, not our players are not paid, they are student athletes, no denial, just a bit vague some what endorsement that what the FBI was investigating should maybe kinda sorta be allowed by NCAA guidelines???

Where ya at media, where ya hiding sports "journalists", someone wake Dan Kane up, he wanted that pulitzer winning story and he has both duke and NC State in his back yard, there is your story, where is your desire to write it?

The first news of the FBI sting came out in Sept 2017. Zion committed January of 2018

Reactions: JimmyinVA

https://sports.yahoo.com/which-scho...aa-crosshairs-in-hoops-scandal-201725988.html

A Yahoo Sports analysis of the federal court cases revealed that there’s somewhere around a dozen schools that could expect to be implicated by the NCAA. There’s also the issue of how the NCAA will handle the cases, as there’s an expectation that they could use the head coach control rule to punish coaches who had assistant coaches implicated in the schemes.

Is 7th Woods going to South Carolina???

Better pick another school if so.

Creighton?

Good!

That coach instructed his players to HURT our guys and they did!

Watching the game was all the proof I needed! Cretin is on the verge of some serious Karmic Backlash!

I hope the 6 schools listed, and some others we know to be guilty, get the book thrown at them!

Boy is it GOOD to be a Tar Heel!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT