ADVERTISEMENT

What l saw NOT

Heelswin

Junior
Jul 31, 2016
Intensity ... hustle ... leadership ... focus ... concentration ... skill ... all this we lacked!

Much, much room for improvement!!!

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I don't think hustle, leadership or intensity were the issues. It all came down to the skill and lack of experience of our front court players compared to their guys. Most of us knew going into the season that these types of teams would give the Heels some problems, and that's what happened last night.

Yes, Berry had a bad night. It happens, but he's no less the leader that he was last year. Our guys will learn from this and move on.

Reactions: shun1
I don't think hustle, leadership or intensity were the issues. It all came down to the skill and lack of experience of our front court players compared to their guys. Most of us knew going into the season that these types of teams would give the Heels some problems, and that's what happened last night.

Yes, Berry had a bad night. It happens, but he's no less the leader that he was last year. Our guys will learn from this and move on.
Yes, Joel is a leader. Usually a good one. But he didn't lead last night. He forced his own shots and didn't seem to be directing traffic at all in the face of MSU's relentless D.

When we didn't right the ship before the end of the first quarter, it was clear we were in trouble. Even so, with adequate offense we might have gotten back into the game.

Yes, Joel is a leader. Usually a good one. But he didn't lead last night. He forced his own shots and didn't seem to be directing traffic at all in the face of MSU's relentless D.

When we didn't right the ship before the end of the first quarter, it was clear we were in trouble. Even so, with adequate offense we might have gotten back into the game.

When it became obvious that no one in the post would be effective on offense, how was he supposed to direct traffic? Our bigs were over matched and their guards played exceptional defense. Let's give MSU the credit it deserves. They played an A+ game.

When it became obvious that no one in the post would be effective on offense, how was he supposed to direct traffic? Our bigs were over matched and their guards played exceptional defense. Let's give MSU the credit it deserves. They played an A+ game.
Beats me. That's why I'm not a coach or a point guard. But Joel looked as lost as anyone out there. At some point a leader has to stop doing what isn't working. Whether that's on Roy or Joel, I don't know.

Joel needs to be settling down our guys when the usual arsenal isn't working. If, for example, Luke is forcing his shots (due to tough D), find him in better situations. Maybe he tried, but it didn't look like it.

Sometimes Joel's leadership comes from taking over the offense to break a drought. That's one form of leadership. He tried that. It didn't work. That happens. Then you go to plan B. I never felt we had a plan B.

I'm not mad a t Joel. He played hard. He's a quality player. But this is exactly the situation you expect senior leadership to make the difference. We got a little of that from Theo, but not enough.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
Mi st had more talent. We can throw around all the buzzwords and catch phrases we want but it was clear they had better players. The NBA guy who tweeted the other day about it being the least talented unc roster he's seen got stir fried on the board but that doesn't mean he was wrong. Unc has a group of solid role players, but no stars.

2005 NCAA Champs team lost to Santa Clara by 11 in the 3rd game of the season while scoring only 66 points. I am sure less talent is why they lost, right?

We had a bad game with officiating style better suited to the opponent. Not a shocker to lose. We will lose some more before the season is over. Best bet is to stay calm and enjoy the wins.

Kills me that no matter how many times it gets posted and people say it, they lose their minds and think the sky is falling.....one more time:
  • It was the first loss - you really expected the team to go undefeated? You EXPECTED this team to beat MSU?
  • They played poorly - it happens.
  • It was the first real test across the board for the entire team against a top 5, experienced roster.
  • The team is full of young bigs - none of which should really be starting in most years.
Relax - if you are going to let this one game have this effect on you, you may want to strap in a little tighter. The ride is going to be bumpy, no question. For this team especially, it is not how they play early or even mid-season. It will be how they come together at the end of the season heading into the tournament.

Kills me that no matter how many times it gets posted and people say it, they lose their minds and think the sky is falling.....one more time:
  • It was the first loss - you really expected the team to go undefeated? You EXPECTED this team to beat MSU?
  • They played poorly - it happens.
  • It was the first real test across the board for the entire team against a top 5, experienced roster.
  • The team is full of young bigs - none of which should really be starting in most years.
Relax - if you are going to let this one game have this effect on you, you may want to strap in a little tighter. The ride is going to be bumpy, no question. For this team especially, it is not how they play early or even mid-season. It will be how they come together at the end of the season heading into the
tournament.

I think it's you who needs to relax! Clearly, you overact to my post. I am merely stating my observations. This team is lacking. That's all l am saying! UNC lacks intensity, focus, concentration, and finally, confidence. Where shall they find the missing pieces? Let's look to Coach first, then to senior leadership, then to top players. If we still can't find the missing pieces, then all mght be lost for this season!!!

Intensity ... hustle ... leadership ... focus ... concentration ... skill ... all this we lacked!

Much, much room for improvement!!!

Roy will get their attn this week, if he doesn't kill them first!

I bet they ran their butts off after they got back today!!!!!

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
1-18 from 3, 13 missed Layups , less than 50 percent from the line, all time low 25 percent from the field and only lost by 15, that is almost a great stat to build on..
you hit 3 layups and 3-3's Hell that is the 15 we lost by.. The effort was actually incredible, the shots didn't fall and really never did get an open look from the perimeter ..

Wonder what Roy said to them before the game?

Wonder what Roy said to them after the game?

Which talk was the more emotional?

I think there in lies your answer!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT