ADVERTISEMENT

What needs to happen against Oregon to give you confidence about next year?

matt 1976

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
For me, it is 2 things. First, we need to have a respectable defensive effort. Oregon is averaging 39.7 ppg. If we can hold them to 35 or less, that would give me some confidence in Chizik and the adjustments that he has in store for next year. The fact of the matter is that the players that will be on the field tomorrow, will be the same players taking the field on defense for us on 9/2 against S. Carolina.

On offense, I want to see us run the ball successfully with our RBs, not Drake. Oregon is giving up 27.4 ppg and 125.5 rushing yards/game. So, if we can score 28-31 points and run for 150-175, with the majority of that from RBs, I think that would be a step in the right direction.

On the flipside, if our defense gives up 45+ and our offense sputters for the 4th straight game, then we have some soul searching to do these next few months. Fans will want a change in DC and to the majority of the defensive staff. Offense has already experienced major coaching changes, so regardless of what happens on that side of the ball, at least it appears that Mack is making changes.

Reactions: keenun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News