ADVERTISEMENT

What was your first tattoo?

I have little respect for those who use their bodies as a look-at-me billboard of sorts, but you'll never hear me saying so...it's their body, not mine. But if someone has a need to get a tattoo that's meaningful to them, I can fully appreciate that. That isn't me though, never have and never will have a tattoo. I also don't adorn myself with jewelry, hair product, cologne (except what's in my deodorant)...and I don't even wear a hat. Some days I don't wear pants, but that's only when I go to Wal-mart.

I'm like @pooponduke, I'm from a time when only the military guys and a few assorted other groups and individuals got tattoos, and then it was a mark of distinction. Now you have to distinguish yourself by being tattoo-less, and to me it's indicative of a sad and disturbing trend toward sameness. It's hard for me to understand why so many want to be nothing more than clones.

I do have to admit there are some interesting tats out there. There was this one that started as a vine on a woman's left ankle, and when it got up to her...well never mind, you probably saw the same thing.
My 1st was my wedding band. It's much safer than wearing an actual ring. I never really found anything that suited me. Had a friend(rip) who offered to buy whatever I wanted when I was younger. I was smart enough to realize that I wouldn't always be into the same things as I grew older. I would look awesome at my age with a Metallica ride the lighting album cover across my back!!!

My second tat was done last year. I had a flower about the size of my hand on my right back shoulder with my mom's birth and death date. It's something that few will ever see, but it means something to me. My wife has 2 tiny tats. My daughter has a flower and copy of my mom's favorite scripture above her wrist.

My 1st was my wedding band. It's much safer than wearing an actual ring. I never really found anything that suited me. Had a friend(rip) who offered to buy whatever I wanted when I was younger. I was smart enough to realize that I wouldn't always be into the same things as I grew older. I would look awesome at my age with a Metallica ride the lighting album cover across my back!!!

My second tat was done last year. I had a flower about the size of my hand on my right back shoulder with my mom's birth and death date. It's something that few will ever see, but it means something to me. My wife has 2 tiny tats. My daughter has a flower and copy of my mom's favorite scripture above her wrist.

LOL.

Tats that mean something to you, that's what I'm talking.

Reactions: Grayhead
you’re from fayetteville?

I grew up near Ft. Bragg. My mom worked on base for 38 years in civilian personnel. I've been on the reservation thousands of times. My house used to shake when they would do maneuvers, mostly at night. People that grew up in that area got so accustomed to hearing it, we could tell the difference between Ft. Bragg and thunder.

I don't have any tattoos. My dad was drafted in 1944 and spent 3 years in Panama. He had 6 tattoos...3 on each arm. They were the old green color and no other colors. He hated them. He was not embarrassed but just didn't like them. He wore short sleeved shirts and they were always visible.

My friends were intimidated by dad because of the tattoos. He grew up on a farm in Robeson County. He was a rugged farm boy that spent time in the military....farmers tan combined with the tattoos did make him look "mean"...as my friends would say.

My dad refused to let me get a tattoo when I was young. He used to tell me all the time not to get one because he didn't want the ones he had. So, to honor my dads request, I don't have any tattoos.

I grew up near Ft. Bragg. My mom worked on base for 38 years in civilian personnel. I've been on the reservation thousands of times. My house used to shake when they would do maneuvers, mostly at night. People that grew up in that area got so accustomed to hearing it, we could tell the difference between Ft. Bragg and thunder.
grew up in southern pines…we lived on ft bragg rd…basically pulled out of our driveway, took a right, and in about ten miles we were driving through the paratrooper ranges on the way to, was it oglethorpe mall???

am very familiar with that noise…in fact, our kitchen counter was never fully attached to the wall because of it…was an eerie feeling seeing those paratroopers dropping, especially when red dawn came out haha.

Reactions: chickenhunter
grew up in southern pines…we lived on ft bragg rd…basically pulled out of our driveway, took a right, and in about ten miles we were driving through the paratrooper ranges on the way to, was it oglethorpe mall???

am very familiar with that noise…in fact, our kitchen counter was never fully attached to the wall because of it…was an eerie feeling seeing those paratroopers dropping, especially when red dawn came out haha.
I grew up in Raeford. I know exactly where you are talking about. Cross Creek Mall was the first mall in Fayetteville.

You graduated from Pinecrest? What year...if you don't mind.

Reactions: gteeitup
I grew up in Raeford. I know exactly where you are talking about. Cross Creek Mall was the first mall in Fayetteville.

You graduated from Pinecrest? What year...if you don't mind.
oh yeah, raeford…cross creek mall, that’s it…oglethorpe must be savannah.

i moved to hilton head the first week of my sophomore year(mom was in hotel sales/marketing)…i graduated in 1990.

Reactions: chickenhunter

I don't have any tattoos. My dad was drafted in 1944 and spent 3 years in Panama. He had 6 tattoos...3 on each arm. They were the old green color and no other colors. He hated them. He was not embarrassed but just didn't like them. He wore short sleeved shirts and they were always visible.

My friends were intimidated by dad because of the tattoos. He grew up on a farm in Robeson County. He was a rugged farm boy that spent time in the military....farmers tan combined with the tattoos did make him look "mean"...as my friends would say.

My dad refused to let me get a tattoo when I was young. He used to tell me all the time not to get one because he didn't want the ones he had. So, to honor my dads request, I don't have any tattoos.
LOL, I remember as a kid how guys with tattoos were sort of intimidating, like they were somebody not to mess with...which I'm pretty sure is why a lot of guys got them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT