ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

Alternatively, the lock down affords one time to reflect on things like...what character flaw would make me waste valuable time developing a fake handle and using it to Troll OR why can't I refrain from attacking anyone who doesn't agree 100% with my ideas OR why do I, either purposefully or through a lack of attention, misread others' posts and then misrepresent what they are saying??? (a brother can dream, can't he?)

But, I wonder if Roy is done for next year or will we see some transfers to fill that mythological 'ship that will magically open?

Alternatively, the lock down affords one time to reflect on things like...what character flaw would make me waste valuable time developing a fake handle and using it to Troll OR why can't I refrain from attacking anyone who doesn't agree 100% with my ideas OR why do I, either purposefully or through a lack of attention, misread others' posts and then misrepresent what they are saying??? (a brother can dream, can't he?)

In the case of FTH it's not merely a matter of 'agreeing to disagree' or 'misrepresentation'. He says things that either aren't true or that he can't back up. But that's not the worst of it, he has been vicious, cruel, and even sexist a number of times on this board without repercussion. He's threatened people with physical harm. He fan polices literally everybody that doesn't take his side on debates.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm nauseated I have to share the same favorite college basketball team as him.

Trey Wertz has "narrowed" his transfer list to 11, yes 11...lol. North Carolina made the cut, along with NC State and Virginia among others.

Except he doesn’t have any real info and he’s a world class scumbag.

I guarantee he has more real info than you do. You have no idea if he knows anything or not, you just choose to believe he doesn’t because you don’t like him.

I guarantee he has more real info than you do. You have no idea if he knows anything or not, you just choose to believe he doesn’t because you don’t like him.
Not sure the quality of the information matters when the person giving it is threatening to fight other people and personally attacking people who he disagrees with. Seems like a certain type of person gets away with that stuff.

Yeah, except I don’t claim to be some sort of insider. I pay money to actually listen to people in the know.

I also know that if I actually knew jack shit, I wouldn’t be going around threatening people and telling female members of the board to make me a sandwich if someone disagrees.

Of course the quality of the info matters! What is ridiculous is that everytime some people post, some others feel the need to attack. Why can't we use intelligence before simple anger? Refute the points if you disagree, ignore the poster if you feel the need, and/or simply refuse to respond, but allow the rest of us to have a civil discussion about bball! I have most of the blind attackers on ignore, but I still have to suffer through others responding to the attacks.

THanks FTH and G7 for your input and keep providing what you know/think. Most right thinking peeps can sift through what we read and decide for ourselves!

Of course the quality of the info matters! What is ridiculous is that everytime some people post, some others feel the need to attack. Why can't we use intelligence before simple anger? Refute the points if you disagree, ignore the poster if you feel the need, and/or simply refuse to respond, but allow the rest of us to have a civil discussion about bball! I have most of the blind attackers on ignore, but I still have to suffer through others responding to the attacks.

THanks FTH and G7 for your input and keep providing what you know/think. Most right thinking peeps can sift through what we read and decide for ourselves!
You can't ask people to be civil, then go on to thank FTH for his input. He's the nastiest poster on this board. I usually enjoy your posts, but I can't get behind this one.

You can't ask people to be civil, then go on to thank FTH for his input. He's the nastiest poster on this board. I usually enjoy your posts, but I can't get behind this one.

I kinda have four buckets of THR posters:

1. You're sane and I agree with a lot of your input on UNC basketball (which is what I'd say about 50% of THR falls into).
2. You're sane and knowledgable, but I just don't agree with a lot of your opinions (guys like @Archer2 and @DSouthr fall into that bucket for me, which is fine, it'd be boring if we all agreed. But those guys disagree in a respectful manner for the most part and I enjoy the banter.)
3. You're insane but for some reason I agree with your insanity most of the time (I think TPK falls into that bucket for me)
4. You're insane and I agree with virtually nothing you say (that's the Steat and FTH category for me).

Did you read nothing I and others have posted?

This has nothing do with “sifting” or agreeing to disagree. Objectively speaking, FTH is nasty, callous, and a horrible person to debate because of the aforementioned traits.

I'm thanking him because his info is usually spot on. When I ask for peeps to be civil I'm talking to everyone. I have disagreed strongly with both G7 and FTH with regard to their opinions and their approach to dissent but that doesn't mean their info isn't valuable and it doesn't excuse peeps constantly derailing discussions just to express their dislike!

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
I'm thanking him because his info is usually spot on. When I ask for peeps to be civil I'm talking to everyone. I have disagreed strongly with both G7 and FTH with regard to their opinions and their approach to dissent but that doesn't mean their info isn't valuable and it doesn't excuse peeps constantly derailing discussions just to express their dislike!

Are you willfully deaf?

You’re acting like FTH is just some ho hum friendly neighborhood Mr. Rogers passing on through with regular information. He is nothing of the sort. He is vile, cruel, and has literally threatened to physically harm people.

Much as we dislike each other I can live with Gary to a certain degree. I cannot say the same for FTH. I’ve never once seen him post anything except to complain about the refs, hint at some unverified source of information, or call those he doesn’t like “trolls” or worse.

College athletes planning to test the NBA draft waters are finding themselves in the middle of a budding standoff between the NCAA and NBA agents, which threatens to rule some of the best players in the college game next season permanently ineligible.

Following up on this, thanks.

Don’t need to, thanks. I believe he’s credible, you don’t, end of story. As I said, I’m going to agree to disagree. I believe he knows a thing or 2 about the inner workings of recruiting, AAU, etc. You don’t have to believe it, we’re all entitled to our opinion, but you can’t make me not believe it. Move on.
But, as per my statement, I still guarantee FTH is more knowledgeable about such things than 34, in fact I’d bet a substantial sum on it if there were a way to prove it. I also think that CB34’s name calling & defamation of other posters when they don’t agree with him, or when he’s defending himself against being a closet dookie, is just as egregious as y’all think FTH’s is. I’m done here, will not respond again in this thread.

Reactions: gobblercalls
Don’t need to, thanks. I believe he’s credible, you don’t, end of story. As I said, I’m going to agree to disagree. I believe he knows a thing or 2 about the inner workings of recruiting, AAU, etc. You don’t have to believe it, we’re all entitled to our opinion, but you can’t make me not believe it. Move on.
But, as per my statement, I still guarantee FTH is more knowledgeable about such things than 34, in fact I’d bet a substantial sum on it if there were a way to prove it. I also think that CB34’s name calling & defamation of other posters when they don’t agree with him, or when he’s defending himself against being a closet dookie, is just as egregious as y’all think FTH’s is. I’m done here, will not respond again in this thread.

Right so you’re making an assertion but you can’t back it up because “I don’t want to.” Got it.

And for the last time, I do not claim nor have I ever claimed to be an insider or have knowledge on the inner workings of recruiting. I leave that to AJ and Clint. Furthermore, I give as good as I get. I don’t take issue with people disagreeing with me, I take issue with having my fandom questioned when I don’t hop into the clown car like everyone else. You want to be called a ‘closet dookie’ over and over again? See how you like it.

I’m not perfect by any means, but I’m not a vicious asshole who makes sexist remarks and threatens people.

Love the Tape Decommitment! Now if some of their other busters would wake up and see that rat bastich for what he really is......

Reactions: Steat
Then why say anything at all. Don't throw teasers our to get sheyot stirred. Just leave it alone and keep it to yourself.

Not necessarily. There is a kid at a high school that I used to teach and coach that has received several letters of interest, UNC being one of them. If I get inside info but am told not to tell where I got it, I ain't gonna tell. Simple as that. I'll be danged if I'll ruin my inside contact because someone doesn't think I know anything because I don't tell everything I know.

I rarely put info out unless I know for 100%. There was a recruit about 10 years ago in football named Christian Russell. He committed to UNC when Butch was here. I knew a guidance counselor at the high school he attended. She told me there was just about no dang way he was gonna get in to UNC. I came on here and said it at the post was deleted by administration. She also found out about it and hasn't spoken to me since.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Not necessarily. There is a kid at a high school that I used to teach and coach that has received several letters of interest, UNC being one of them. If I get inside info but am told not to tell where I got it, I ain't gonna tell. Simple as that. I'll be danged if I'll ruin my inside contact because someone doesn't think I know anything because I don't tell everything I know.

I rarely put info out unless I know for 100%. There was a recruit about 10 years ago in football named Christian Russell. He committed to UNC when Butch was here. I knew a guidance counselor at the high school he attended. She told me there was just about no dang way he was gonna get in to UNC. I came on here and said it at the post was deleted by administration. She also found out about it and hasn't spoken to me since.
I've never said to give names when u have info. It's not like we know them anyways. Just don't say we should offer so and so because of something u have heard. Day what u have heard and leave it to everyone to believe it or not.

I've never said to give names when u have info. It's not like we know them anyways. Just don't say we should offer so and so because of something u have heard. Day what u have heard and leave it to everyone to believe it or not.

Perhaps the info he has is known by very few and should remain that way.

Exactly my point. Don't throw out teasers if you can't say what it is especially somewhere like a message board where it WILL get rabid on here in a hurry.

Only gets rabid when posters cant just take the info and enjoy it and use it for discussion, not for belittling someone because they dont give the information you want.

Only gets rabid when posters cant just take the info and enjoy it and use it for discussion, not for belittling someone because they dont give the information you want.

I like the teasers, I’d rather know something is afoot & not know what it is, than not know something is afoot at all. That’s just me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT