ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

A 5 seed? LOL

If our heels are in fact a 5 seed in the next NCAAT (assuming we have a NCAAT for next season) then any team catching us should be VERY worried. In fact, no but in my darn sure opinion (and I would bet Terror Beards house on it), no matter where we are ranked pre-season, by very early December we wil be top 10 and stay top 10 for the rest of the season, including post season. I honestly think we have the make up of a easy top 5 team, how quick we get to that wil depend on how quickly we can handle the lack of experience.

Yep, gonna go out on that limb right now, ready for it, I say we play in the final 4 next season!!! You heard here first! LOL

UNC was 14-19 last year. I think that a record of 27-11 and a loss in the sweet 16 would be sensational. Expecting a top-5 team is not realistic. It's possible, but highly unlikely

I hope multiple players do not come up positive during. The best players playing at the highest level is spectacular. I hope it works, for 3 months of isolation.

Last edited:
Remember this?

EZ7By_zXQAMZ0cS

I'm shocked!

They are still good, but the one guy they had that would cause us the most problems is gone! This is a net win for UNC since I expect to see them on a national stage!

Reactions: Steat
How will the NCAA handle a situation where a basketball player of any team test positive for the coronavirus during the season? It looks like a COVID vaccine will not be available anytime soon. Not only do teams have to deal with injuries, COVID is another huge factor.

Does the player sit until he tests negative? Postpone or forfeit games?

I'm quite sure the players with be tested often.

I'm thinking the NCAA has to come out with a ruling on this. There is no doubt that this situation will come up during the NCAA basketball season. NFL has many more players on their rosters and they could handle this better (with the possoble exception of superstar quarterback). If a star player on an NCAA basketball team test positive for the virus, it could derail the season.

The short video talks about a couple of NFL owners talking about pushing back the season.

Cowboys, Texans players test positive for coronavirus, sources say
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ns-players-test-positive-covid-19-sources-say

Last edited:
Alonzo Gaffney heading to JUCO after playing one (unimpressive) year at Ohio State.

I remember there being a lot of consternation about him not getting a UNC offer a few years back. Trust the staff!

Reactions: Ozheelfan
13 Texas football players test positive or are 'presumed positive' for COVID-19

https://sports.yahoo.com/13-texas-f...9-164301409.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=tw via @YahooSports
COVID-19 may have the same effect as a team having major injury issues. I'm assuming those who test positive will be quarantined for 14 days or so, right? This pandemic could wreak havoc with sports in general.

I could easily foresee a scenario where the season is canceled outright, or within a few weeks of it starting. I hope not because that would mean a second wave has hit.

Reactions: Steat and TPFKAPFS
For basketball, if one person tests positive, you would have to quarantine the entire team including coaches for 2 weeks wouldn't you? 2 weeks is a long time in a bball season so would those games be forfeits or postponed or excused from the season??? There are so many balancing and logistical issues I just don't feel too positive about next season!

For the previous question, I couldn't tell if the "guy" you were glad didn't come to UNC was Danny "MF" Green! I thought it might be joking about how great a guy he really is. I did not see a post about Gaffney!

For the previous question, I couldn't tell if the "guy" you were glad didn't come to UNC was Danny "MF" Green! I thought it might be joking about how great a guy he really is. I did not see a post about Gaffney!

The NCAA has to come up with a plan. It would be tragic if a rival player infects UNC players in a game. I would think at minimum all players must be tested before every game.

The testing is going to have to be constant. Even with it, if one player gets serious in need of ventilator type life threatening complications the whole thing will be done.

This is suppose to be an extra curricular amateur level activity afterall. Pro games are still on shaky ground, with these questions moving forward.

Just like with J. Baker, Roy dodged a bullet. We'd have been unfairly blamed yet again for "holding him back".

I guess sometimes Roy does know a bit more than me /s :p

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Alonzo Gaffney heading to JUCO after playing one (unimpressive) year at Ohio State. I remember there being a lot of consternation about him not getting a UNC offer a few years back. Trust the staff!

Yeah, it was in response to Prof’s comment about Gaffney. I remember I was really hoping he would wear baby blue. Now I’m glad he didn’t. I’m getting gunshy about recruiting guys from Ohio.

Baker gave clear signs he was a headcase! He was far too arrogant for his skills and often let his mouth run before engaging his mind! I remember thinking Gaffney had an inflated opinion of himself as well. But, while I hoped we would get Gaffney, I did not want Joey "Benches" Baker once I heard him speak once! (and I wasn't impressed by his supposed "skills")

I honestly believe that the best thing to do is to put all of the athletes together, like parents used to do when a kid caught the measles, expose them to it, let them catch the virus. Yeah, I know, cold hearted me. But the facts are, well conditioned athletes like there kids are don't even know they have the virus.

You may find that hard to accept but how many of you took the flu shot last year, if you did, you allowed a small bit of the flu to enter your body and allowed your body to develop it's immunity. I think that is what athletes should do, it is what I would want to do if I were one of these kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT