1. used a fax machine
2. wore a pager
3. listened to music on a cassette tape
4. used a type-writer
5. had a corded phone in your home
6. played a board game
7. took photos with a film camera
8. watched a movie on VHS

1. used a fax machine - approx 1 year ago (some form the insurance co. needed)
2. wore a pager - at least 15 years ago (for the company; not for drug dealing)
3. listened to music on a cassette tape - a few weeks ago (with the boombox in my garage)
4. used a type-writer - I can't even remember; probably 30 years ago
5. had a corded phone in your home - about 15 years ago
6. played a board game - last month when we had a power outage one night
7. took photos with a film camera - at least 10 - 15 years (still have a roll that needs developing...)
8. watched a movie on VHS - my last remaining VCR died about 5 years ago (which sucks since I had still had copies of the '82 and '93 Natty's on tape)

This post was edited on 3/24 10:17 AM by TarHeelMark

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:

1. used a fax machine ~ 8 years ago. Used to send faxes almost every day before retiring.

2. wore a pager ~ 18 years. Had to have on for company business.

3. listened to music on a cassette tape ~ 10-12 yrs.

4. used a type-writer ~ 39+ yrs., back in the college days.

5. had a corded phone in your home ~ 20+ yrs.

6. played a board game ~ 25 yrs.

7. took photos with a film camera ~ 32 yrs.

8. watched a movie on VHS ~ 15 yrs.
Wow . . . time has flown by more than I have realized it seems.

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
1. used a fax machine
2. wore a pager
3. listened to music on a cassette tape
4. used a type-writer
5. had a corded phone in your home
6. played a board game
7. took photos with a film camera
8. watched a movie on VHS
1 - Easily been 5 years. People still ask for my fax number in professional settings sometimes and I'm like, "Really? Who still faxes?"

2 - I never had one. When they were hip (in the 90's), my dad always associated them with drug dealing so he would have beaten me if I had one.

3 - Actually, I kept all my cassettes and I break them out every so often. I have a bunch of tapes of old regional bands that weren't really big enough to have major record deals. So the only way I can still hear them is on my old cassettes.

4 - We have one in my office. I never use it but a couple of my staff do to make labels.

5 - Man,...I guess it's been every bit of 15 years.

6 - This one happens frequently in my house. My 8 year old son is big into Monopoly right now.

7 - I have the first Poloroid model ever (circa 1967 I think). It's awesome. It's the one where you snap the shot and then pull the picture out of the side. Black and white of course. I don't use it often but I guess I break it out once or twice a year.

8 - Again, this happens frequently in my house. We must have roughly 100 VHS tapes of kids movies. I'm not going to go out and buy the DVDs of all those movies. But my kids love them. So they watch them.

1. A few weeks ago. We do still use a fax machine for some paperwork.
2. I've never had a pager.
3. Hmmm, late 90s or early 00s maybe?
4. Never really have used a typewriter. I was given one as a kid but we already had a Tandy, so ...
5. We always had cordless phones; I think my parents may have had a corded one up in their bedroom at some point. I haven't had a landline at all in over a decade.
6. Within the last year probably. Ever played Sorry with drinking rules?
7. Around Christmas I found my dad's old Olympus and shot a roll or two with it for kicks. It had a roll in it with pics from 1998/99.
8. Late 90s I guess.

1. 1994 (I even remember the fax)

2. I wore my Dad's once when I was a kid with my brother playing Star Wars. It was a longer metal one that had a light-saber-handle vibe.

3. Yesterday, driving home. My Cherokee has a tape and CD player. I gotta share this: When I had a guitar shop in Myrtle Beach in the early 1990's, I got to bring some guitars over to WKZQ for a live promo that Drivin' N' Cryin' was going to do- they played The Afterdeck that night. Kevn Kinney asked me if I wanted to play on the air and we rehearsed a few songs in the lobby. I have a tape of the whole radio broadcast. The only song I knew was "Smoke" and the rest turned out to be songs that would be released on Kinney's solo record called Down Outlaw. I keep that tape and old rehearsals and live performance tapes from bands I played in my whole life in the car.

4. I used to play on one when I was a kid and my mom worked at Nash County Farm Bureau. So... 35 years ago or more.

5. 1995

6. Last Christmas. Candyland with my niece.

7. 1999 (first eBay photos were by film and then scanned)

8. Last summer I bought a 2-in1 VHS/DVD and the VHS stopped working. I wish I could find a reliable VHS player.

1- all the time. I fax people intro letters and the reason I use the fax is because I think my letter has a better chance of being read than it would if in email.
2- 2001- I was an implant rep and on call.
3- 2004ish? Once all the Dead shows had been uploaded to the interwebs, the cassettes went into storage and then to trash.
4- Never. Although there is a typewriter in my office and it gets used regularly by our 75 year old office manager.
5- 1993. I actually was pissed because I had to get a home line recently as cell phone reception inside my house is terrible. First time I have had a house phone since about 2003.
6- Clue and Monopoly get played fairly often still at our house and on vacation.
7- probably about 2005
8- A movie? Been a while. But probably a VHS tape of home movies within the last 10 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT