ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you feel will be the next recruit to committ to UNC

The class so far is looking real good. Who do you think will come on board next.

Is it? Our average recruit rank is somewhere in the 100s. If we get wash or van or Knox then I'd say it's a pretty good class. Right now though, it's Wolpfack or Clemson level. In my opinion of course.

Anyway, I also have an eerie feeling our next commit may not be for this class. I'm holding out hope though.

Reactions: Carolinadude23
Is it? Our average recruit rank is somewhere in the 100s. If we get wash or van or Knox then I'd say it's a pretty good class. Right now though, it's Wolpfack or Clemson level. In my opinion of course.

Anyway, I also have an eerie feeling our next commit may not be for this class. I'm holding out hope though.
Man, we get it. You're not very impressed with our class. No offense, but we really do get it. But repeating it over and over isn't going to change anything. Hopefully, we'll sign a 5* big to round out our class, I know it would make all of us happy. But if we don't, the guys who've committed will tide us over till more arrive. Keep the faith.

My eyes tell me that Manley is going to be very good. And some of the people whose opinions I trust, are telling me the same thing. Plus, Roy moved in on this guy very quickly, which tells me a lot. If he doesn't get reinjured, I fully expect him to be a 4* recruit by season's end.

I predicted Vanderbilt a while back as my long shot who might surprise us. I think I referred to it as winning the Brandan Wright Award (someone very few people thought we would sign).

I don't know whether to be gratified or worried that some others are also picking him. But I hope he pans out. Looks like a gifted 3/4 (or 4/3) who isn't too full of himself and might stick around a couple of years. That's based on very little info, though.

November or December?
Roy's going visiting...

Last edited:
Man, we get it. You're not very impressed with our class. No offense, but we really do get it. But repeating it over and over isn't going to change anything. Hopefully, we'll sign a 5* big to round out our class, I know it would make all of us happy. But if we don't, the guys who've committed will tide us over till more arrive. Keep the faith.

My eyes tell me that Manley is going to be very good. And some of the people whose opinions I trust, are telling me the same thing. Plus, Roy moved in on this guy very quickly, which tells me a lot. If he doesn't get reinjured, I fully expect him to be a 4* recruit by season's end.

Well said. Was thinking the same thing. A lot of cheese needs to be handed out lately.

I predicted Vanderbilt a while back as my long shot who might surprise us. I think I referred to it as winning the Brandan Wright Award (someone very few people thought we would sign).

I don't know whether to be gratified or worried that some others are also picking him. But I hope he pans out. Looks like a gifted 3/4 (or 4/3) who isn't too full of himself and might stick around a couple of years. That's based on very little info, though.
How the hell would Vanderbilt be a 3 if he can't shoot.

Vanderbilt could absolutely be a 3 in the same way Theo can be a 2. Vanderbilt has good handles and is a willing passer. He's got great slashing ability and would crash the boards like a monster from the wing.

If he says Roy is talking "positionless" for him, that's most easily done as a 3 or a small ball/hybrid 4. Those are his 2 spots.

4878228.jpg
Guys,and girl having fun, but give me a little help on a few. Two on the right, and greenish jacket???

Nickelberry in the red hat. Tahj Small in the white shirt (not a guy we are recruiting). Don't know who the other one is on the right, I don't think it's Blake Harris and I know it's not Kahlil Robinson.

We're gonna love Huffman haha. I just feel it. The guy has the right attitude. Somehow all at once, jovial and mean.

Reactions: alabamaheel
Well, you guys know I think it is PJ BUT... The but is the wild card IMO, that wild card may well be Vanderbilt. I know we have Vanderbilt's head turned, I STRONGLY suspect 2 what I would call important factors may be playing out.

First, Vanderbilt has long wanted Kalipari to show him love but he has kinda been put on a string by Kal, I have suggested that may by now have turned Vanderbilt in to more of a hate mode for Kal & Ky, it is kinda what happens when you play some of these kids. Now that could well have the effect of his now wanting to show kal what he missed out on by going to a hated rival, UNC would fit that bill more so than TCU would. After all, what late night did the kid attend again? And ALL this Kal love going to PJ, to Vanderbilt could that not have him asking, what about me?

Second, if you are Roy and you are starting to feel like Vanderbilt may be ready to commit to you but you prefer PJ, what would you do? Tell ya what I would do, I would want to talk to PJ face to face to gauge his interest and to let him know that Vanderbilt wants to play for us, that he is close to a commit, if you want to play for me I need to know now because I need to let Vanderbilt know where we stand with him. What did Roy do...LOL

Second, if you are Roy and you are starting to feel like Vanderbilt may be ready to commit to you but you prefer PJ, what would you do?
You sign them both! And be quick about it.

I mean, come on, Dave.... :)

Worry about the scholarships later. We will almost certainly have one and can probably work it out if we don't.

You sign them both! And be quick about it.

I mean, come on, Dave.... :)

Worry about the scholarships later. We will almost certainly have one and can probably work it out if we don't.
You really see us getting 2 five star players at the same position? I don't...

1st come, first served and let the chips fall where they may!

We have a strong and well rounded class coming in and either of the 3 5* recruits would make it excellent! If you can get 2, then we should be #1!

You really see us getting 2 five star players at the same position? I don't...
No, I don't see it actually happening. But if it could happen, I say jump fast and tall.

Justin is gone, along with Isaiah and Kennedy and Nate. Maybe Joel and/or Theo, too.

Two 3/4s (or 4/3s, depending on how you look at it), could be ideal!

Both these guys roam the perimeter aggressively and crash the boards well. They have Hubert to help them with outside shooting, but we have Kenny and Brandon and Platek to keep foes honest. Imagine this team:

Jalek
7th (or our best sharpshooter)
Vanderbilt
PJ
Tony

I know, that's 3 frosh, and Roy would't want to start 3 frosh. But if Justin, Joel and Theo are gone and he has great frosh like Jalek, Vanderbilt and PJ, he'd probably adjust to the idea.

Even against top defensive teams, that's 2 or 3 unguardable guys on the floor for us.

Where did you hear that Vanderbilt was "close to committing"? No one has said that.

So you want Roy to lie to PJ about another player?

Why do you need to do that? You accuse me of saying something I did not say, why?

Go read what I said, I did NOT say that Vanderbilt was close to committing to us, I used a hypothetical and stated I suspected this MAY BE PLAYING OUT! The only declarative I said in that entire post was that we had Vanderbilt's head turned, would you like to dispute that?

Where did you hear that Vanderbilt had a terrible experience on his UNC visit and Late Night and told Roy he was no longer interested in us?

You always have these long drawn out scenarios which usually have 1 or 2 holes in them. I enjoy pointing out these holes.

One of which is that Roy would ever tell PJ that Vandy is thinking about committing. Just because he hasn't eliminated us doesn't mean to you tell another prospect that. Did Roy tell Manley that Bamba is thinking about committing because he hasn't "officially" eliminated us?

Recruiting just doesn't work the way you draw it out to work.

Information is out there. Roy visited PJ yesterday. Hmm, bet Dave is way closer to the mark than some others...yeah, Roy takes the jet out to Vegas 'cause he's really not sincerely interested in PJ? Sure thing. As I said, I tend to agree with David, information is out there...and as a gentleman, Roy is going to let the kid know, I have another young man that can fill the slot, which will it be, I'd love to have you both but...right now only one slot open.

Some of our posters on this site are a bit testy lately...

Reactions: alabamaheel
You always have these long drawn out scenarios which usually have 1 or 2 holes in them. I enjoy pointing out these holes.

One of which is that Roy would ever tell PJ that Vandy is thinking about committing. Just because he hasn't eliminated us doesn't mean to you tell another prospect that. Did Roy tell Manley that Bamba is thinking about committing because he hasn't "officially" eliminated us?

Holes much? Love the statement of fact, "Roy would never".... Did coach share that with you dadika13? :eek:

Actually, you are invited to not have to read any of my drawn out scenarios. Next, if you actually pointed out holes in what I said that would be one thing but rather than do that your seem to need to put words in my mouth I did not say.

Now if you want to see holes poked in exactly what you say, try this one on, "One of which is that Roy would ever tell PJ that Vandy is thinking about committing." As if YOU know what Roy says to kids he is recruiting? Please share with us how you know exactly what Roy says to any recruit? See, that is the difference, I always frame what I say as opinion yet you for some reason seem to need to state things that are nothing but opinion as facts. And yet you have issue with me for stating my opinion? You one odd fella...

opinions are opinions. Some opinions lead to facts but mostly just blowhole talkin. Now, most of you know that I get attacked or do I when I give my opinion. Fine, you wanna line up and take a shot at me then do it but it don't stop this ole dog from givin his opinion In fact god granted me this keyboard and fingers to type opinions and other assorted goodies. That's a fact.

Now..as far as who ole Roy feel confident about now if I had my druthers there's be no doubt pj if I was in roys head I'd be selling him on available PT more than likely he won't play back to the basket . Now I know some of y'all gonna say..butters you've lost your mind but if vandy wants to commit first you take him right?!? Well from where I sit a bird in the hand worth 4 in the bush. Again, just my opinion.

As far as handlers etc I've told you time and again they occur, question is, is pj involved with one.?!?! To say anyone knows if his dad is or not again that's your opinion but you can't stop the speculating and I for damn sure ain't gonna stop just cuz some want to attack. I say fine.maybe maybe not was pj senior impressed with unc?!?? I'd say yes. 10/10 my question is how do u do better than that.!?? You can't do for those who say U.K. Leads I say baloooneyy and mustard to that. I have a better chance of buying that stuff k is selling than pj being swayed by that smoke n mirrors in Lexington. Question is, does he? Probably according to the experts but then you all know what I feel about the experts they have their opinion and so do I now if some choose to take them as facts then well I have to agree to disagree.

Well, you guys know I think it is PJ BUT... The but is the wild card IMO, that wild card may well be Vanderbilt. I know we have Vanderbilt's head turned, I STRONGLY suspect 2 what I would call important factors may be playing out.

First, Vanderbilt has long wanted Kalipari to show him love but he has kinda been put on a string by Kal, I have suggested that may by now have turned Vanderbilt in to more of a hate mode for Kal & Ky, it is kinda what happens when you play some of these kids. Now that could well have the effect of his now wanting to show kal what he missed out on by going to a hated rival, UNC would fit that bill more so than TCU would. After all, what late night did the kid attend again? And ALL this Kal love going to PJ, to Vanderbilt could that not have him asking, what about me?

Second, if you are Roy and you are starting to feel like Vanderbilt may be ready to commit to you but you prefer PJ, what would you do? Tell ya what I would do, I would want to talk to PJ face to face to gauge his interest and to let him know that Vanderbilt wants to play for us, that he is close to a commit, if you want to play for me I need to know now because I need to let Vanderbilt know where we stand with him. What did Roy do...LOL
1st Hole. You have no idea what Vanderbilt is thinking. So saying Vanderbilt has long wanted Calipari to "show him love" and the Calipari has put him on a "string" is just speculation and has no basis in factual reality. And further is expressed by your saying Vanderbilt is only looking at UNC or attending UNC's late night as a basically grudge against Calipari.

A kid is trying to plan out his future for his possible next 4 years and his hopeful jump to the NBA to make money. He is not making that decision based on a grudge. And, he especially isn't making that decision to go to a team in the ACC to show that nasty SEC coach what he "missed".

Second hole. You are presuming that Roy would string along Vanderbilt as you just accused Calipari of doing to Vanderbilt in favor of PJ. You are basing this solely off of your own "what you would do". Which is what you just said made Vanderbilt "hate mode" for Calipari and Kentucky.

3rd Hole. You are saying Vanderbilt's recruitment is dependent on Washington's recruitment, which is basically all been put to rest based on Roy having signed Huffman and Stokes. Which if he were the way you described, he would have "put on a string" way before he put Vanderbilt on one.

Actually, you are invited to not have to read any of my drawn out scenarios. Next, if you actually pointed out holes in what I said that would be one thing but rather than do that your seem to need to put words in my mouth I did not say.

Now if you want to see holes poked in exactly what you say, try this one on, "One of which is that Roy would ever tell PJ that Vandy is thinking about committing." As if YOU know what Roy says to kids he is recruiting? Please share with us how you know exactly what Roy says to any recruit? See, that is the difference, I always frame what I say as opinion yet you for some reason seem to need to state things that are nothing but opinion as facts. And yet you have issue with me for stating my opinion? You one odd fella...

Dave, the difference is your opinions have no basis in reality whatsoever. You're always reaching. We're all guessing here, but I'd say dadika is a lot closer to home than you. You put the homer spin on things, which you have every right to, but some of what you say boarders on conspiracy.

Reactions: dadika13
Y'all need to relax, as usual. Dave put a scenario out there, plausible to you or not. That's your call. But we're all wondering why Roy would go see PJ a few days after uk madness and after Vanderbilt saying he had a great time here. My guess, just recruiting as usual. Try to stay top of mind with PJ after a lot of uk stuff he's done. Roy told him he'd outwork everyone for him, so that's what he's doing. PJ may go see uk, but Roy is going to see PJ.

That's MY best guess. Dave outlined his best guess or another possibility. I don't think its that farfetched to check on PJ again if he thinks Vanderbilt is approaching a decision. That's pretty much all Dave is saying. You guys should chill with the nitpicking and try to take stuff for what its worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT