ADVERTISEMENT

who starts on the OL?

Btw, listened to the podcast on Go Heels with Fedora and he said Michael Carter had been looking very good. I know you have been very high on that kid for awhile.

Btw, listened to the podcast on Go Heels with Fedora and he said Michael Carter had been looking very good. I know you have been very high on that kid for awhile.
He will definitely see the field this year and may even see a lot of it, starting as early as next Saturday. Especially due to injuries.

Prince named the RG starter. Seems the RG position has been a mess. Early practice the starter was Hatton, another day it is Cohen, now Prince.

Talked to a friend at church this morning who is on TOS a lot. He seemed to think Hatton and Cohen are both MIA right now. Anybody have any information about that?

Guess I'm replying to my own question, but it's being reported that Cohen has left the program again.

yep, that's what Fed said. He gone. But Fed also Hatton is still with the program. "“Tommy is still with us and battling to get back out there,” Fedora said."

I haven't heard a straight answer on Hatton, so who knows when he'll return, he obviously isn't in the two deep.

Bigger things in life than Football, hopefully Hatton/Cohen/Rodgers have other things heading toward the right track.

Soooo we have a walk-on on our second-string. Yaaay.

yep, that's what Fed said. He gone. But Fed also Hatton is still with the program. "“Tommy is still with us and battling to get back out there,” Fedora said."

I haven't heard a straight answer on Hatton, so who knows when he'll return, he obviously isn't in the two deep.

Bigger things in life than Football, hopefully Hatton/Cohen/Rodgers have other things heading toward the right track.

Soooo we have a walk-on on our second-string. Yaaay.
Would they really not shift Rodgers (or someone else) over to RG if something were to happen to Prince this Saturday?

you'd think Rodgers would shift, but who knows given how much camp Rodgers missed.
Would they really not shift Rodgers (or someone else) over to RG if something were to happen to Prince this Saturday?

good point. Kap talks about wanting 8 guys.
So that is probably the starting 5, plus Heck, then a backup guard and backup guard/Center, likely two of McCargo, Trull, Rodgers.

Reactions: gauchoheel
you'd think Rodgers would shift, but who knows given how much camp Rodgers missed.

good point. Kap talks about wanting 8 guys.
So that is probably the starting 5, plus Heck, then a backup guard and backup guard/Center, likely two of McCargo, Trull, Rodgers.
That's what I see. Heck is the swing tackle, so he'll fill in this week presuming Spain is out. With full health Hatton starts and Polino/Rodgers are the two backup interior guys. Not sure if either can play center; if not then McCargo would be the top backup at that spot.

They might. It's just devastating that we went from solid Guard depth to discussing walk-ons within a week. With Spain out, too, week one could be interesting.
You fell prey to the classic Carolina Football trap: believing we have depth at any position.

Never believe pre-season / off-season talk of depth.* It will always disappear. In recent years, it has happened to RB, QB, DL, OL, and LB.

*Does not apply to secondary. We always scrong there.

Reactions: lerario
They might. It's just devastating that we went from solid Guard depth to discussing walk-ons within a week. With Spain out, too, week one could be interesting.
"Interesting" indeed.

'May you live in interesting times' is alleged to be a Chinese curse. I think it more likely to have been a snide British take on Chinese history and basic cultural responses. Whatever the origin, I think it expresses a truth.

Of course, out of the hard work to survive those 'interesting times' will come good things. Assuming, of course, that you work to get through the 'interesting' times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT