ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the best passing point guard to play at North Carolina.

Cota/Marshall were both as good as we'll ever see. Overall vision/effectiveness getting teammates the ball in the right place at the exact right time I'll call it a tie, but Cota takes the tiebreaker on style points.

Marshall was the better passer but I'll still take Cota. Played 4 years and went to 3 Final Fours. Was the guy ever hurt?

Last edited:
Marshall was the best passer we've ever had. His vision combined with ability to actually pull the pass off was something I've not seen on any level before. I actually don't even think it's close. Marshall by a mile over a distant second place Cota. Cota was a much slicker ball handler and his passes were often of the playground variety - very flashy. But Marshall specialized in passing like no other player. Cota was more of a playground baller with tricky little moves and whatnot. And don't get me wrong, he was also an outstanding passer as was Ray. But what we saw from Marshall during his sophomore year was on a whole different level.

Reactions: RP12
Peeps underestimate Ford's passing because his IQ, handling, and play-making were other worldly! The 4C wasn't just a dribbling exhibition (we usually didn't play it for entire games either) and he made stars of his teammates!

Marshall was a special passer as well.

Reactions: Littlejon
Cota then Marshall for me. Some need to go back and watch Cota in action. Some may be just going off memory. Cota was the sheyot

Has to be Marshall. If you do a youtube search of Marshall passing you will be rewarded with a plethora of amazing passes. ALOT of those passes resulted in NO points. Missed layups and wide open jumpers. If 1/2 of those went in his assist total would be off the charts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT