ADVERTISEMENT

Why trump will win!

Thanks for voting. A better test would be to try to vote again and see what happens. No, I will not go on your bond.....lol

I will get to the front of the line and tell them I want to make sure I have been marked as having voted.

Not hard to follow. I don't need to try to do anything illegal.

Dead people are on voting rolls. Currently there is no meteor in sight.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, huh?
Yes, If the person has died recently and you know their full name and address and what party they belong to and you can get by BOTH PARTIES then yes a dead person can vote.

Trump needs to have tons of his people at every single polling place to poll people as they exit to manually count his votes. THEN he needs to contact each and every electorate and find out how they voted since they actually decide the winner anyway.

I so dread all the typical whining of the rigged election. I've heard it for years and have no doubt that it happens but every damn election the candidate that is polling lower always starts this crap back up. For love of everything holy, someone fix this so the losers will STFU!!!!

Yes, I have told you a hundred times that she is unfit for the office but take a guess who is more unfit... Damn 71, yes he is that bad...

No, he is not. Even if Trump were the second worst ever to run for president since 1789, he isn't even close to the worst, most corrupt candidate ever.

Presidential elections aren't left to chance. If it's rigged (and, I believe they all are on some level, at this level), it's not going to land in Trump's lap.

However... what seems to be happening is a slow, steady resistance from the "peasants." That has to happen before anything else happens. As I said before, the campaigns of the last 8 years that have happened spontaneously and unexpectedly, and that gained huge followings, are what really matter.

The Ron Paul campaigns taught me that vote-counts is not the best way to measure the success of a political movement. In fact, it's the wrong way to measure it. If you change peoples' minds, and get people thinking, everything else finds its way into the mix.

Michael Moore made an awesome observation about Trump that actually explains, emphatically, why Trump is popular and why he thinks (thought) Trump would win:

One problem with that...he says that everyone has the right to vote and they do but the GOP is trying to limit that by requiring picture ID and the homeless and unemployed he speaks of who may not have the means to obtain that will not be allowed to vote.
Well, I dunno. It's not like Republicans even like Trump.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Well, that's a bunch of crap.

Exactly. Just give people an ID who can't afford to purchase. Hell, I think anyone who wants an ID should be able to get free anyways if that person doesn't have a license.

Exactly. Just give people an ID who can't afford to purchase. Hell, I think anyone who wants an ID should be able to get free anyways if that person doesn't have a license.
They don't give them away for free though and you have to have proof of residence, etc.

I realize the GOP thinks the poor are a bunch of lazy people but there are indeed hardships that most just cannot identify with. Be grateful you don't know or have to know.

They don't give them away for free though and you have to have proof of residence, etc.

I realize the GOP thinks the poor are a bunch of lazy people but there are indeed hardships that most just cannot identify with. Be grateful you don't know or have to know.

They should give them away.

You don't know anyone else's story other than Strums. You don't know what any of us think about this. But feel free to assume whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Self righteous condescension is so endearing

They should give them away.

You don't know anyone else's story other than Strums. You don't know what any of us think about this. But feel free to assume whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Self righteous condescension is so endearing
I agreed they should give them away but they don't. They make it difficult for people. You realize that, surely??? I'm not being self righteous at all. I thought you were NOT a typical GOP guy anyway. So I wasn't referring to you.

I agreed they should give them away but they don't. They make it difficult for people. You realize that, surely??? I'm not being self righteous at all. I thought you were NOT a typical GOP guy anyway. So I wasn't referring to you.
Yes they do in a lot of states. In your own state they do. South Carolina is one state that has chosen to waive the fee for homeless individuals. In order to get a fee waiver, a homeless person provides a letter from a shelter employee or other service provider indicating that he is homeless and requesting a fee waiver. Also, a lot of states don't charge for ID If you are over 17 and its your only means of ID.

Yes they do in a lot of states. In your own state they do. South Carolina is one state that has chosen to waive the fee for homeless individuals. In order to get a fee waiver, a homeless person provides a letter from a shelter employee or other service provider indicating that he is homeless and requesting a fee waiver. Also, a lot of states don't charge for ID If you are over 17 and its your only means of ID.
Okay, but there are other factors that cause people not to get them. I have always been asked to show ID when I vote so I was surprised to hear that this was even an issue. I'm sure the majority of people are just not concerned enough to vote anyway.

Okay, but there are other factors that cause people not to get them. I have always been asked to show ID when I vote so I was surprised to hear that this was even an issue. I'm sure the majority of people are just not concerned enough to vote anyway.
Well it's true they probably don't vote or don't care to vote. But not being able to get an ID mostly comes down to just not wanting to do it. You can even provide a homeless shelter address for proof of residency in some cases. I think it's critical that we make IDs a must for voting. If they don't want to or couldn't care less about getting an ID they are not likely participating in any of their other civic duties such as voting. Why should we care if they get to vote or not? It's more likely those people will end up in a bus full of others with a similar disinterest in all of it and sent down to vote for whoever they are told to vote for.

Should we facilitate voter fraud because of "other factors"?

Should we facilitate voter fraud because of "other factors"?
No, silly. I believe there is voter fraud but not in the presidential races. On the local level, sure. Perhaps I don't understand this well enough but I thought the electoral college decides the presidency so how will voter fraud change the results if those votes don't technically count?

As @UNC '92 said, that's just flat out incorrect.

I realize the GOP thinks the poor are a bunch of lazy people but there are indeed hardships that most just cannot identify with.
Ridiculous generalization. You seem to do that a lot.

Be grateful you don't know or have to know.
I'm so glad you know the story of my life and what I have been through. I'm hoping you can help me with my autobiography.

Okay, but there are other factors that cause people not to get them.
Such as?

Perhaps I don't understand this well enough but I thought the electoral college decides the presidency so how will voter fraud change the results if those votes don't technically count?
Well, the electoral college actually makes it easier, because you don't have to rig the vote nation wide. All you need to do is rig the vote in Florida and Ohio. Those are must wins for any presidential candidate.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
However this plays out, one thing is for certain...if I never see another "Poll" in my entire life, I'll die a happy man. There's a 50/50 chance every poll is correct here, so I'm sure there's no real way to debunk them, but they seem like the biggest crock of crap I've ever seen -- they can be skewed and manipulated a million different ways to paint any picture that they want you to see. All I feel like I've heard the past 6 months is "Well the polls say...The polls, The polls..." CNN -- take your "Poll of Polls" and shove it up your ass sideways.

Sorry folks...carry on.

However this plays out, one thing is for certain...if I never see another "Poll" in my entire life, I'll die a happy man. There's a 50/50 chance every poll is correct here, so I'm sure there's no real way to debunk them, but they seem like the biggest crock of crap I've ever seen -- they can be skewed and manipulated a million different ways to paint any picture that they want you to see. All I feel like I've heard the past 6 months is "Well the polls say...The polls, The polls..." CNN -- take your "Poll of Polls" and shove it up your ass sideways.

Sorry folks...carry on.
I agree...

As @UNC '92 said, that's just flat out incorrect.

Ridiculous generalization. You seem to do that a lot.

I'm so glad you know the story of my life and what I have been through. I'm hoping you can help me with my autobiography.

Such as?

Well, the electoral college actually makes it easier, because you don't have to rig the vote nation wide. All you need to do is rig the vote in Florida and Ohio. Those are must wins for any presidential candidate.

First of all, I wasn't responding to you and I don't know anyone's story on here really. My generalizations are the same as the ones I see on here regarding liberals. Mine just get pointed out all the time since I'm the black sheep on here apparently.

I call it the way I see it.

I've got a busy day/weekend ahead. I don't have time to argue with you guys and you would not "get it" anyway, enjoy it amongst yourselves. Laterzzzz

First of all, I wasn't responding to you and I don't know anyone's story on here really.
Actually you did reply to my earlier post, so part of that was a response to me. Just because you don't reply to someone directly doesn't mean that someone else can't chime in. Everyone including you has done that because that's the purpose of a message board.

My generalizations are the same as the ones I see on here regarding liberals.
You're right, sometimes I call them out too. Just look at my back and forth with @UNC71-00 concerning the polls and brexit as a recent example.

I don't have time to argue with you guys and you would not "get it" anyway
In other words you can't make a valid argument and don't want to try.

Just give me your name, DOB, and SSN and I will run it down for you.
I tried mine and it pulled up. Obviously I'm listed as removed since I'm not in NC anymore, but I found it troubling that it listed my voter registration number. Seems like that's something that should be private.

I tried mine and it pulled up. Obviously I'm listed as removed since I'm not in NC anymore, but I found it troubling that it listed my voter registration number. Seems like that's something that should be private.

Not if you are trying to fix an election.

@tarheel0910

See how all the polls have been tightening up significantly? That's because the pollsters need to be accurate when election rolls around so they will have perceived credibility for the next election.

@tarheel0910

See how all the polls have been tightening up significantly? That's because the pollsters need to be accurate when election rolls around so they will have perceived credibility for the next election.
They always tighten up towards the end. That's to be expected. Usually has to do with undecided voters making up their mind. National polls don't mean that much though. It's the state by state polls that matter. I haven't checked recently, but I believe Trump is up slightly in Florida and Ohio which is great news for him. I never said that he had zero chance of winning just that in my opinion it was a long shot.

No, he is not. Even if Trump were the second worst ever to run for president since 1789, he isn't even close to the worst, most corrupt candidate ever.

Completely agree.

Furthermore, it's troubling to me that so many people are worried about Trump offending people yet sit silently about the corruption from the candidate on the left. It's almost like we as a society value feelings more than safety or American lives. I'm truly dumbfounded by people with prlyles' opinion.

One problem with that...he says that everyone has the right to vote and they do but the GOP is trying to limit that by requiring picture ID and the homeless and unemployed he speaks of who may not have the means to obtain that will not be allowed to vote.

It's mindboggling that there are people that don't support mandating an ID to vote. You can get ID cards for free so that whole, "I can't afford it" is bullshit. Plus, if it means that much to you, you'll find a way to get it.

But honestly, I don't think everyone should vote. I hope many people don't. Because there are many people that aren't qualified to vote. We had a thread on this a week or so ago. Mike Rowe explains it better than I.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/10/12/mike-rowe-shares-wise-opinion-voting/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT