ADVERTISEMENT

Will Muschamp to be fired?

Well, USC looks at UGA as their other main rival besides Clemson. But to have a true rivalry the other team has to view you in the same fashion. And UGA does not. To them, USC is merely another team on the schedule. USC would be much better off in the ACC. This year spiraling out of control not being considered, as a program, USC can compete with anybody in the ACC outside of Clemson. And you have the natural rivalries that went back decades. Oddly enough, all of my Clemson friends say they wish they were in the SEC so they would have some decent home games. But if they had that schedule, I doubt they would have ever been able to put enough wins together to build the program to what ut has become. At this point though, they pretty much use the ACC schedule as practice games as they prepare for the playoffs.
True. A true rivalry requires both fan bases to recognize it as such, as meaningful in and of itself. SoCar will never have a true rival in the SEC.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
So Satterfield says he listened to SoCar but that is all - no interview as such.

Did SoCar want more? Did SoCar drop him and he is making it seem mutual?

So Satterfield says he listened to SoCar but that is all - no interview as such.

Did SoCar want more? Did SoCar drop him and he is making it seem mutual?

never happened from what i hear...just chatter.

joe brady is an interesting name.

So now the questions become:

1. What kind of staff can Shane Beamer build? As he has never been either an OC or DC, he really needs both an OC and a DC with successful P5 coordinator experience. He needs a staff with a good deal of SEC experience.

2. Is he taking this job with the hope that it gives him the HC experience he needs to be the next VT HC?

never happened from what i hear...just chatter.

joe brady is an interesting name.
Joe Brady will remain a very interesting possibility for programs until such time as either he gets an NFL HC job or else he seems to bottom out as an NFL OC. Unless you are already a program winning big time (like Clemson and Bama), Brady is a risk well worth taking. But I think he's smart enough to know to avoid places like SoCar.

So now the questions become:

1. What kind of staff can Shane Beamer build? As he has never been either an OC or DC, he really needs both an OC and a DC with successful P5 coordinator experience. He needs a staff with a good deal of SEC experience.

2. Is he taking this job with the hope that it gives him the HC experience he needs to be the next VT HC?

his history here is pretty good...i would think, unless something crazy happens, this is his dream job as he’s mentioned before.

i can also say it’s literally split from the gamecock supporters i speak to...they wanted napier or tony elliott...i think it’s a good hire for this moment.

I just read a Syracuse fan commenting on the Beamer hire. He said he will not be surprised if Beamer will soon head back to Blacksburg because "Columbia is the armpit of the South."

Even Syracuse fans know.

I just read a Syracuse fan commenting on the Beamer hire. He said he will not be surprised if Beamer will soon head back to Blacksburg because "Columbia is the armpit of the South."

Even Syracuse fans know.

So he’s not going to be in “he**” that long the way things are going in Blacksburg.

his history here is pretty good...i would think, unless something crazy happens, this is his dream job as he’s mentioned before.

i can also say it’s literally split from the gamecock supporters i speak to...they wanted napier or tony elliott...i think it’s a good hire for this moment.

Not sure it’s going to work out for lil Beamer and really don’t care if it does (hoping it doesn’t just because it’s those yard turds). Hard to win in that place unless u have a big established name like spurrier or holtz.

Reactions: gteeitup
Not sure it’s going to work out for lil Beamer and really don’t care if it does (hoping it doesn’t just because it’s those yard turds). Hard to win in that place unless u have a big established name like spurrier or holtz.

it’s now devolved into “we should be happy to be a 7-8 win program.”

TOS guys are saying there is nothing to this. Basically just something that started on the south carolina message board.
Maybe so, but it would be a good move by Beamer because Bateman knows the recruiting area very well and clearly can draw talent. And SoCar boosters will want to prove that they can buy whatever they want from any ACC school.

It isn't Beamer's dream job, no matter what he says. USC is nobody's dream football job. But after 20 years of daddy's connections getting him on some decent staffs, he was desperate for any HC job. And he came cheap, and with no demands. Napier wouldn't agree to keep coaches USC had under contract, and wanted more financial promise for the support staff which is lacking at USC. Tony Elliott was never really a factor other than on message boards. USC isn't going to hire someone from Clemson. USC football is a dumpster fire, underscored by how Beamer has had a hard time getting a staff together after making promises at his presser about a staff that would wow the fan base and all of the coaches that had already called him begging to be on staff. The staff he has finally put together doesn't wow anybody.

scar needs to go back to their tradition of having a clown for head coach like holtz or spurrier. muschamp broke the tradition.

scar needs to go back to their tradition of having a clown for head coach like holtz or spurrier. muschamp broke the tradition.

Lol lol. Just laughing because you said scar and tradition in the same sentence. The only tradition they have is being faithful fans and showing up even when they suck which is pretty much all the time. They wanna think they have soooo much tradition and history but really nothing to show for it. The clowns for head coaches just focused on them and not the dumpster fire or sh**hole otherwise known as South Carolina football. They can keep dreaming and they will

ADVERTISEMENT