ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get another commit?

pln2013

All-ACC
May 8, 2017
Taking a break from the unfolding scandal...

Laszewski just picked ND.

Little is done.

We're not favored for Days, though he visits 10/6, so that could change (he visits LSU, his perceived leader, 2 weeks later).

We're not considered to be in real contention for Langford, who visits 10/13 but then visits Indiana and Kansas (the two schools perceived to lead) the next two weeks. Plus his recruitment could be shady, just based on his profile.

Shittu could be interesting. Presumably Arizona is out of it, so that would leave us and Vandy, unless he adds other schools. But who knows what his recruitment has been like.

Thoughts?

I think Roy will have to offer more 2018 kids for us to get a commit. My predictions:

Langford to IU or KU
Shittu to Oregon
Days to LSU

I'd say more offers are coming once Roy gets a better feel for the Days and Shittu recruitment.

I think Roy will have to offer more 2018 kids for us to get a commit. My predictions:

Langford to IU or KU
Shittu to Oregon
Days to LSU

I'd say more offers are coming once Roy gets a better feel for the Days and Shittu recruitment.

Supposedly Oregon is no longer recruiting Shittu, but that could change, of course.

I agree that we probably won't get any of the 3.

Langford to IU or KU
Shittu to Oregon
Days to LSU

I was just thinking about this myself, I know Keldon Johnson, 5 Star SG, is a name that was on our prospect boards, expressed some interest in the program, however he has cut his list down to 4 recently (Texas, Maryland,NC State, Kentucky) and his AAU coach said a decision could be near.
EJ Montgomery, PF, who just decomitted from Auburn is another 5 star prospect who is reopening his recruitment. Would we try to develop a relationship with him and see if he's interested.
Another name that comes to mind is Jericole Hellems,SF who shot up the rankings this past summer and was really excited when UNC showed some interest.

I think like you all said this all depends on where things are going with the current offers that are out there now and what the staffs feel what will end up happening .The plan for 2018 is to add 2 more players, so lets hope two of our current offers (Please Shittu) want to "Jump Around" in Chapel Hill.

Last edited:
Nope. Never again. We will never get another commit. Close up shop, we're done here.

So it's back to these types of threads, huh? lol.

I was just thinking about this myself, I know Keldon Johnson, 5 Star SG, is a name that was on our prospect boards, expressed some interest in the program, however he has cut his list down to 4 recently (Texas, Maryland,NC State, Kentucky) and his AAU coach said a decision could be near.

Based on his comments from premium board, doesn't sound like much of an option. Surprising, since he was originally swayed off from us because he's a guard and we have two, but he's listed as a SF, which is exactly what we need.

EJ Montgomery, PF, who just decomitted from Auburn is another 5 star prospect who is reopening his recruitment. Would we try to develop a relationship with him and see if he's interested.

Assuming he has no part in this scandal, I could see it. Having an Elite Prospect at the 4/5 definitely wouldn't hurt.

Another name that comes to mind is Jericole Hellems,SF who shot up the rankings this past summer and was really excited when UNC showed some interest.

Forgotten about him. Definitely wouldn't hurt to poke around.

I think like you all said this all depends on where things are going with the current offers that are out there now and what the staffs feel what will end up happening .The plan for 2018 is to add 2 more players, so lets hope two of our current offers (Please Shittu) want to "Jump Around" in Chapel Hill.

With Shittu's main target being implicated, one would have to think our chances are improving.

Perhaps Joey Baker sees some more interest. Keep an eye on Ian Steere too. He mentioned that distance was a part of his reason for decommitting from Creighton, and we're right in his backyard.

Idk why people are discounting Shittu. If Arizona has been knocked out(which youd think they would be)..our competitionw would be fricken vanderbilt and oregon.

Reactions: heels05champs
'

Our competition for Laz was friggin Notre Dame.

True, but if Im not mistaken we got in pretty late on him-correct me if im wrong. He also fits in better at ND in my opinion- think he made the right choice. Anyways my point was going up against those 2 schools in a fair recruiting battle I like Roys chances.

Reactions: viking131
Idk why people are discounting Shittu. If Arizona has been knocked out(which youd think they would be)..our competitionw would be fricken vanderbilt and oregon.
I think Roy will be extra cautious with any 5* target that had Arizona among his final schools. Assuming Arizona will be dropped from his list, he still will have 3 official visits that he can take after UNC and Vandy. It'll be interesting to see how this one develops.

True, but if Im not mistaken we got in pretty late on him-correct me if im wrong. He also fits in better at ND in my opinion- think he made the right choice. Anyways my point was going up against those 2 schools in a fair recruiting battle I like Roys chances.

We offered Shittu almost within the same day IIRC. Though we were watching Shittu beforehand longer than we were Laz.

I agree that we should be able to beat out Oregon and certainly Vandy, but with all that's come out over the past couple of days, I'm not sure what a "fair recruiting" is right now.

On a semi-related note: Oregon and UA are deep in bed together. If this scandal goes as deep as it's believed, I'd be wary of them too.

I still have hopes of landing Shittu. Can't hurt that Arizona is off the board. But don't count Oregon out.

Reactions: JakeSarna
IF, and it seems to be a big If, we do land Shittu ,the docchies are already planning for signs and cheer sheets galore when he visits H I S

What about that kid Roseheel and a few others are always promoting? Visited UNC not long ago but left without an offer. Tall, kinda thin but seemed to have a good all around game for the 3 or maybe 4. Wondering if his stock might go up now.

Might want to stay away from Romeo Langford, heard on the college basketball board that Adidas created an AAU team for him and made his dad the coach. There might be nothing to it but given yesterday's events I'd be a little gun shy.

You should be worried about Bagley and Reddish. It aint goona be pretty. Play Bagley at your risk...

According to a source, Langford is to Kansas. Done deal.

May have been a done deal but Kansas may get caught up in this FBI stuff and that would change things big time. IU has an Addias problem, may be smart for Langford to start looking at Nike schools just to get away from the perception that he was involved in any of this and he may have been.

Days to LSU, maybe, but I am not giving up on this one.

Taking a break from the unfolding scandal...

Laszewski just picked ND.

Little is done.

We're not favored for Days, though he visits 10/6, so that could change (he visits LSU, his perceived leader, 2 weeks later).

We're not considered to be in real contention for Langford, who visits 10/13 but then visits Indiana and Kansas (the two schools perceived to lead) the next two weeks. Plus his recruitment could be shady, just based on his profile.

Shittu could be interesting. Presumably Arizona is out of it, so that would leave us and Vandy, unless he adds other schools. But who knows what his recruitment has been like.

Thoughts?

I think Roy should let the dust settle a little more. Looking back now over the past week, it's not so certain now Little is out. We just can't write him off and others similarly situated without more inquiry.

I'm for giving these tainted persons more inquiry and time. Let's not rush to judgement! These are young kids who may have been poorly advised by elders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT