ADVERTISEMENT

Worldle

I suck at this game. I think they could show a pic of the US and it would still take me 5 guesses to get it.

I actually like this game a lot. I've always been pretty good at geography. But they have a game called "Statele" that is exactly what you're talking about. They show a silhouette of the state. I crush that game. But after you've done all 50, the game is over for you at that point.

I also like the ones called "wheretaken". It shows a pic of somewhere in the U.S. or the world (they have two versions) and you have to try and guess where the pic was taken.

Reactions: bluetoe
I actually like this game a lot. I've always been pretty good at geography. But they have a game called "Statele" that is exactly what you're talking about. They show a silhouette of the state. I crush that game. But after you've done all 50, the game is over for you at that point.

I also like the ones called "wheretaken". It shows a pic of somewhere in the U.S. or the world (they have two versions) and you have to try and guess where the pic was taken.
before I even go there, I can tell you it will be a breeze for me, with one exception. I can never remember which one is Vermont and which is New Hampshire. But I can draw a crude picture of the U.S. and draw in every state outline and name it. Piece of cake.

But there is another game I've mentioned here before that gives the outlines of countries in various regions, and when a country name is given, you have to click on it. I've done Africa a few dozen times and have never aced it and I don't believe I can. Try it and let us know how you do. My highest I think was in the eighties percent-wise, but that was by taking the quiz repeatedly. I just took it and only got 60. The memory fades....

Seterra Quiz Games

before I even go there, I can tell you it will be a breeze for me, with one exception. I can never remember which one is Vermont and which is New Hampshire. But I can draw a crude picture of the U.S. and draw in every state outline and name it. Piece of cake.

But there is another game I've mentioned here before that gives the outlines of countries in various regions, and when a country name is given, you have to click on it. I've done Africa a few dozen times and have never aced it and I don't believe I can. Try it and let us know how you do. My highest I think was in the eighties percent-wise, but that was by taking the quiz repeatedly. I just took it and only got 60. The memory fades....

Seterra Quiz Games

I can see how one can struggle with VT and NH. But the shape of Vermont is kind of a "V". That should help.

I will check out the link you provided. Thanks.

Reactions: bluetoe
I can see how one can struggle with VT and NH. But the shape of Vermont is kind of a "V". That should help.

I will check out the link you provided. Thanks.
to me they are almost mirror images of each other and wedged together symmetrically. But thanks for the tip, maybe I can even remember it.

#Worldle #480 X/6 (97%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️

#Worldle #481 X/6 (98%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡️

#Worldle #482 X/6 (99%)
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️

The hell is a Guadeloupe
there are areas of the world that have such a smattering of less familiar places that a choke is almost guaranteed...and the Caribbean is such a place. Two of my guesses were less than a hundred miles away, and I still had no idea.

Don't feel bad, I've struck out three in a row now even though I was close in each puzzle..

four

#Worldle #483 X/6 (92%)
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬅️

#Worldle #486 6/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Worldle #490 6/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

a complete rectal extrapolation. But I'll take it.

#Worldle #491 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Worldle #496 X/6 (99%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️

Lol never even heard of Dominica
I have, but with all those islands, it's like throwing darts blindfolded to pick one. I got within a hundred miles and change, but at that point I might as well have guessed Australia for my last guess..

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
If I don't get it in the first few guesses, I'll pull up the map and figure it out. I have a 100% success rate in that game because of how I do it. You can call it cheating and I wouldn't argue. But the point of the game, for me, is to use it to learn. If I just got them wrong, then what am I learning?

I also really enjoy the "wheretaken" photo game too.

If I don't get it in the first few guesses, I'll pull up the map and figure it out. I have a 100% success rate in that game because of how I do it. You can call it cheating and I wouldn't argue. But the point of the game, for me, is to use it to learn. If I just got them wrong, then what am I learning?

I also really enjoy the "wheretaken" photo game too.
lol, don't cheat! Just kidding. There are no rules that I know of and it's up to you what you get out of it. There are no puzzle police on the internet.

The interesting and fun thing is that you can take a reasonable knowledge of world geography and use the distance and direction clues to home in on the target country. I most often pick a country to start that I'm familiar with just to get my bearings, and then let the distance and direction clues guide me in. I have a more than even chance doing it that way. Unless it's a @#$&%^$ island.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT