ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread....

KOOL123

Senior
Nov 24, 2005
Might as well start 1...

2 Four Stars already with Tyler Smith coming on board...This could be that Big Time Class...

4* 2017 #3 pro style QB and #63 overall prospect Bailey Hockman (Powder Springs , GA McEachern has decommitted from UGa. He is a teammate of Tyler Smith (UNC Commit) He officially visited UNC near the end of the season(Miami game?) , has also started following Heck and Fed on twitter.

4* 2017 #3 pro style QB and #63 overall prospect Bailey Hockman (Powder Springs , GA McEachern has decommitted from UGa. He is a teammate of Tyler Smith (UNC Commit) He officially visited UNC near the end of the season(Miami game?) , has also started following Heck and Fed on twitter.
That's a good connection. But is it possible Hockman is a big fan of Richt and may now be looking at Miami? I expect to see Richt land some guys who would have played for him at UGA.

Yeah..He is a long way from being a lean or anything like that for us. The kid needs to take his time and decide what's best for him.

^^ QB will be an interesting situation because of how many we have in our stable. It's already starting to work itself out with Coker switching to basketball and Ratliff-Williams switching to wide receiver. It will be intriguing to see if we take a QB in the 2017 class.

Also, 2017 OL commit Jonah Melton (from Mebane) is up to #88 in the country per the newest Rivals rankings that were released. Good work Jonah! I know his school, Eastern Alamance did well in the playoffs.

I didn't realize Ratliff-Williams had switched to WR that does alleviate the jam. RB Zamir White is the jewel of this NC class. I think Clemson is sitting outside his school or home as we speak.

Someone better do their best to get all over Crest LB Justin Foster. That kid is a beast, yes I'm a Crest homer, but the truth is the truth. He is a BEAST!

Someone better do their best to get all over Crest LB Justin Foster. That kid is a beast, yes I'm a Crest homer, but the truth is the truth. He is a BEAST!
yeah 6'3" 230 is a beast. We seem to be in the fight with Clemson and Tennessee for his services. Apparently a lot of beasts at Shelby and at Crest looks like both won state titles in routs.

I didn't realize Ratliff-Williams had switched to WR that does alleviate the jam.
It does to an extent, but not completely. For next season, we'll still have:

- RS Jr Mitch Trubisky ***
- RS So Caleb Henderson ****
- RS Fr Nathan Elliott ***
- (will redshirt) Chazz Suratt ****
- (will redshirt) Logan Byrd ****

That's 5 high-caliber, highly-touted QB's right there.

RB Zamir White is the jewel of this NC class. I think Clemson is sitting outside his school or home as we speak.
Zamir White is 2018 class unless I missed something.

He's like the #53 prospect in the nation per the new Rivals rankings that I referenced a few posts ago. He has a Carolina offer. Don't hold your breath though, we have zero luck with Cleveland County recruits (unless you count Marquise as Cleveland County, lol)

Zamir White is 2018 class unless I missed something.
no u didn't , but I did , it is 2018. Suratt and Byrd in same class will be interesting..

Last edited:

Mitch was a four star, not a three star.

Yeah, already been told we have almost zero shot with him. It would be nice if the Cleveland county people would stop shoving their players to Clemson and Tennessee.

Mitch was a four star, not a three star.
I couldn't remember if he was three or four, so I looked it up while preparing my post. He was a three star. See here:
https://rivals.yahoo.com/northcarolina/football/recruiting/commitments/2013

Yeah, already been told we have almost zero shot with him. It would be nice if the Cleveland county people would stop shoving their players to Clemson and Tennessee.
Yeah, there seems to be a major disconnect between Cleveland County and UNC. We really haven't even been in the running for any of the high-profile guys from there in the past 3,4,5,6,7 seasons.

Nation's #1 2017 QB Hunter Johnson has flipped from Tenn to Clemson. Clemson is on a roll to end all rolls.

Nation's #1 2017 QB Hunter Johnson has flipped from Tenn to Clemson. Clemson is on a roll to end all rolls.
Like I said in another thread, Clemson has arrived. They are suddenly in elite territory where they can be in ANY recruits' Top 10 that they wanna be.

They've had every component needed (stadium, facilities, fanbase/atmosphere, geographic location, national brand) to make it to the elite. All that was missing was winning the big game to take them to the postseason. Now they have that.

Florida seems to get the Crest kids. Spikes, Bullard, and the like. I have no clue why the State University can't get these kids, I hope it changes. This is a hotbed for NCHSF. Maybe, with Fedora, getting the Heels rolling this can change. I'd rather see these young men play local, and by local I mean UNC. there are studs everywhere down this way. Aaron Ramseur is a Shrine Bowl line-backer at Crest and I have no doubt he would make any defense better. Shelby just six miles from Crest is loaded. That Hollifield kid is the truth.

Florida seems to get the Crest kids. Spikes, Bullard, and the like. I have no clue why the State University can't get these kids, I hope it changes. This is a hotbed for NCHSF. Maybe, with Fedora, getting the Heels rolling this can change. I'd rather see these young men play local, and by local I mean UNC. there are studs everywhere down this way. Aaron Ramseur is a Shrine Bowl line-backer at Crest and I have no doubt he would make any defense better. Shelby just six miles from Crest is loaded. That Hollifield kid is the truth.

There are 2 rising sophomores down the road from crest that will be making a name for themselves as well at East Rutherford. Demetrius Mauney 6'2" 210 pound linebacker, and Jadacus Logan 6'3" 300 d-lineman. Both have been camping and both went to fedoras freak show last season as freshman.

There are 2 rising sophomores down the road from crest that will be making a name for themselves as well at East Rutherford. Demetrius Mauney 6'2" 210 pound linebacker, and Jadacus Logan 6'3" 300 d-lineman. Both have been camping and both went to fedoras freak show last season as freshman.
Yes, those two are going to be very good players. We play East so I know about them. This area has awesome talent. If Crest and Shelby were one school, nobody would want any part of them. 6 miles a part and they still get it done. Rutherford County used to be a good football County, hope it gets back there one day.

Yes, those two are going to be very good players. We play East so I know about them. This area has awesome talent. If Crest and Shelby were one school, nobody would want any part of them. 6 miles a part and they still get it done. Rutherford County used to be a good football County, hope it gets back there one day.

Haha yes, 2006 coach cash was last year east was worth anything, they have athletes year after year but nothing to produce them if you know what I mean!

Haha yes, 2006 coach cash was last year east was worth anything, they have athletes year after year but nothing to produce them if you know what I mean!
I know what you mean man. East always has speed to burn. Underutilized to say the least.

Rivals recently released their current Top 250 for the 2017 class (they had released the Top 100, then released 101-250). LINK

South Mecklenburg DE Jake Lawler is a 4**** and checks in at # 125. Supposedly, we're at least in decent shape for him. No insider info, just a gut, we get this guy.

Mallard Creek WR Ryan Jones is a 4**** and is ranked # 156. We're sitting well with him but lots of blue bloods are recruiting him.

IMHO, between Melton (already on board), Foster, Lawler, and Jones, I think we have a very good shot of reeling in 3 of those 4, with Lawler being a major position of need. Pretty excited to see how this 2017 class shapes out.

I could be mistaken but I think I remember reading that Lawler's parents are both UNC grads and met at UNC.

I could be mistaken but I think I remember reading that Lawler's parents are both UNC grads and met at UNC.
Without checking, I want to say you're right on that. I know he has some direct connection to Carolina but can't remember what specifically. If what you say is true, certainly can't hurt our chances (see M. Dorn)

Without checking, I want to say you're right on that. I know he has some direct connection to Carolina but can't remember what specifically. If what you say is true, certainly can't hurt our chances (see M. Dorn)
Both parents UNC grads? The D staff we have?

He should be be raring to play in Carolina Blue.

Reactions: Archer2
Hey any Crest fans want to give us some info on this new commit...I see that he played Crest in the Playoffs...Looks like a Big Strong Young Man...

Curious that it says we have 3 commits for 2017..
-Jonah Melton
-Tyler Smith
-JT Cauthen
Okay so now what about Rasheed Martin, the rb from Jacksonville FL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT