ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread....

Look I would love to land Foster the guy is a Stud...Fact is we have had no luck at all at Crest....Now maybe this Staff is different but I am not holding my breath....Give me 6 good DL in this class and I will be happy...Would love 3 DT and 3 DE but I will take 4 and 2 either way...That is our weak point at this time....

Both FSU and Clemson stand in our way and that is where they are beating us....

Look I would love to land Foster the guy is a Stud...Fact is we have had no luck at all at Crest....Now maybe this Staff is different but I am not holding my breath....Give me 6 good DL in this class and I will be happy...Would love 3 DT and 3 DE but I will take 4 and 2 either way...That is our weak point at this time....

Both FSU and Clemson stand in our way and that is where they are beating us....
Not only are they beating us, they're obliterating us. Clemson's DL was scary good against us and against Bama, and they've got more studs coming in for next season.

Justin Foster will be in Clemson this weekend along with a bunch of 2016, 2017 talent. He will visit you guys Feb 17th for your basketball game with Duke so that should be a fun environment for him.

Justin Foster will be in Clemson this weekend along with a bunch of 2016, 2017 talent. He will visit you guys Feb 17th for your basketball game with Duke so that should be a fun environment for him.

The bottom line to me is the fact that Clemson was in on him first. That means a lot to a kid. Someone was paying attention early on. I’m a Heel fan and nothing would thrill me more than to see Justin stay in State and help build the sleeping giant, but that’s probably going to be tough.

One thing is that it seems as if the in State colleges mostly stop at Charlotte when recruiting, not always but most times. Cleveland County plays some of the best high school football in this State, year in and year out. It is religion here. Shelby and Crest have seven miles between them and the talent is rich here. Greenville is closer than Chapel Hill, but this is North Carolina and I live here and this is an ACC town.

These kids get taken to Clemson and see that atmosphere or to Florida and see that atmosphere and it blows them away. Justin’s sister also goes to Clemson, if I’m not mistaken.

I hope when he is up there he sees what could be. He is a great kid a phenomenal talent, a freak! 6’4” 235 and can fly, and he hits hard. At some point Fedora has to lock these borders down. A few more seasons like last year and things will change

The bottom line to me is the fact that Clemson was in on him first. That means a lot to a kid. Someone was paying attention early on. I’m a Heel fan and nothing would thrill me more than to see Justin stay in State and help build the sleeping giant, but that’s probably going to be tough.

One thing is that it seems as if the in State colleges mostly stop at Charlotte when recruiting, not always but most times. Cleveland County plays some of the best high school football in this State, year in and year out. It is religion here. Shelby and Crest have seven miles between them and the talent is rich here. Greenville is closer than Chapel Hill, but this is North Carolina and I live here and this is an ACC town.

These kids get taken to Clemson and see that atmosphere or to Florida and see that atmosphere and it blows them away. Justin’s sister also goes to Clemson, if I’m not mistaken.

I hope when he is up there he sees what could be. He is a great kid a phenomenal talent, a freak! 6’4” 235 and can fly, and he hits hard. At some point Fedora has to lock these borders down. A few more seasons like last year and things will change

Yes, his sister does go to Clemson. A lot of Clemson fans live in western NC.

Yes, his sister does go to Clemson. A lot of Clemson fans live in western NC.
Yes Sir, I know that. I work with a ton of them, but we grow up here fighting over Duke and UNC during basketball season. Just have to get football to the top of the heap and things could be different.

Yes Sir, I know that. I work with a ton of them, but we grow up here fighting over Duke and UNC during basketball season. Just have to get football to the top of the heap and things could be different.

Yea I understand the thought. And we understand its exactly the opposite in regards to basketball, even more so. UNC can get anyone they want from S. Carolina in basketball.... And pretty much the entire country for that matter. Fedora has done well for you guys. I hope y'all , Virginia Tech, and Miami continue to improve because if y'all do the ACC will be really really strong.

One reason Clemson recruits at a higher level, in addition to their on-field success, Dabo has bulked up on staffing. There are four or five members of their staff with recruiting in their title. That's not counting high school relations or somewhere between 20-40 student assistants. The current NCAA limit on Graduate Assistants (GAs) is four, but people doing similar work are just given a different title. It's grunt work, like breaking down film, monitoring social media, and compiling reports for coaches, but great for those looking to move up. Overall, they have a bigger and better recruiting operation. If you're going to compete with programs like Alabama, you have to staff up.

Absolutely! Elijah Hood has proven you don't have to leave the state to be successful and garner attention.
A year ago, I thought we had ZERO shot at ZW. But after a few key things have happened (our 2015 season, including Hood's dominance, Mark Richt leaving UGA, us starting to have luck in Scotland with recruiting), I'm more hopeful now. Still not ecstatic about our chances, but I like our chances better.

Same. There's SEC talent in North Carolina and no SEC school. In time, Fedora can change the football culture at UNC. With the 2017 class, I think we have a realistic shot at signing about half of the top ten in North Carolina.

Reactions: grillheel
Welcome to Hill Jake. Can't wait to see you wreck opposing quarterbacks. Congratulations!

Go Heels.

Reactions: grillheel
Keeping/getting those top in-state recruits , especially the ones with family ties is crucial to our success.

Also what's the deal with the QB at Vance...Anybody seen the kid play...Good Size at 6'3 210lbs...Do we offer...

Just for handy reference (since it's difficult to find on Rivals), here's the link to the current North Carolina Top 35 Class of 2017

Anyone know where we stand with Gill, Gibson, and Riley? All DLmen so obviously all are desired I would think. I know the WR Emezie has been to UNC several times.
moo seems to be the leader for Gibson , UNC the leader for Riley , Gill looks to be wide open although we haven't had much success at Wake Forest H.S. Emezie also seems to be wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT