ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread....

Yeah. It's all about jimmy/joes.
Their 2016 haul was just 40th in the nation.

Their class now is 31st, but they mind wind up decent - they have Tajh Capehart (love to steal him for WR or Secondary), and i have a weird feeling Devon Hunter could wind up there. Add Tyjuan Garbut and they've could wind up with a mid-twenties recruiting haul.

We really need VT to lose and for us to supplant them in the ACCCG. Beamer had VT's recruiting at an awful level, which was great for us, and I'd sure hate to see the Chokies recover on that front under Justin Fuente

Bud Foster retiring would also be awesome.
Fuente is the real deal. Memphis was as much a total basket case as any program in the country when Fuente arrived. It had very little history upon which to build, and it was dead at the time. And Fuente produced 2 of the 3 greatest seasons in the entire history of the program - and only coached there for 4 years.

He is a native of OK and coached at TCU. Perhaps he prefers to be at a Big Name program in the southwest. Other than that, he likely sees VT as a lifetime job. Why? Funete started playing at OU, but with the mess Blake created, he transferred to Murray State. Murray State is where Beamer proved his chops and where Foster played. So Fuente sees VT as a logical place to be for him.

Staff trying to get Felix on campus for a visit. He went to Oregon for an OV but suprisingly didn't commit. Also still evaluating grades of A. J. Davis who I think has only visited Mo. and has not really shown any hurry in the recruiting process and Holston supposedly a VT-UNC battle. We seemed to have faded with Hunter. We are evaluating several lower ranked RB prospects.

Staff trying to get Felix on campus for a visit. He went to Oregon for an OV but suprisingly didn't commit. Also still evaluating grades of A. J. Davis who I think has only visited Mo. and has not really shown any hurry in the recruiting process and Holston supposedly a VT-UNC battle. We seemed to have faded with Hunter. We are evaluating several lower ranked RB prospects.
Oregon is falling apart now and may be looking for a new HC soon.

We need Holston or another top RB recruit who will play as a freshman at more than 200 pounds.

Another Tennessean chooses to be a Tar Heel.

Former Purdue commitment RB Antwaun Branch.

Branch is already listed at 200 pounds, and he has been destroying the competition this year in Middle Tennessee football, which is the deepest football talent in the state. I think he received recent offers from Wisconsin and Iowa as well as UNC.

dook has lost/claimed they dropped their big 4* QB commit from Cali Jack Sears. He had started looking around and word is he will end up at USC. I think dook saw the writing on the wall.

I just saw a crystal ball pick for Jones Co. JC OT Kelby Wickline for UNC. He seems a bit light listed at 6'5" 276 and there is only 1 pick out there for him. He signed a LOI for TexSA in Feb. Offers from UK , Cal , Mizzou, ISU and Ark.

^ don't have much depth at tackle next yr. Spain and Sweet are proven. Charlie Heck was a second-stringer, but Sweet quickly stole his reps when Jon Heck was out. Sweet and Spain will def be the starters next yr. Bringing in a juco tackle probably means the coaches are scared of having a 2-deep of Charlie Heck and Luke Elder (and maybe Prince).

Reactions: Archer2
WE have 2 more.

TX WR Beau Corrales and GA OT Jordan Tucker.

These guys are united by size. Corrales is a tall WR (6-4), and Tucker is large: depending on source, 320-340 pounds.

We have 5 total OL commits, and 2 of them are mammoth-sized. Can one of those guys become our much needed super-sized NG who dominates the line from the center?

WE have 2 more.

TX WR Beau Corrales and GA OT Jordan Tucker.

These guys are united by size. Corrales is a tall WR (6-4), and Tucker is large: depending on source, 320-340 pounds.

We have 5 total OL commits, and 2 of them are mammoth-sized. Can one of those guys become our much needed super-sized NG who dominates the line from the center?
Let's hope so.

I heard a "rumor" Dazz Newsome has given UNC a silent verbal. Speed and Davis both gave UNC great reviews. We also are looking at Wofford's kicker as grad transfer.

Clawson has turned Wake around. They have young players who look and act similar to what Grobe had.
Well, our program is coming on a little too. I would think the lure of playing with his brother would be pretty strong. I'm very surprised because I was sure he would sign with us.

Well, our program is coming on a little too. I would think the lure of playing with his brother would be pretty strong. I'm very surprised because I was sure he would sign with us.
Maybe he is ready to break from playing with his brother - totally new start in college. Maybe a girl he's interested in is headed to Wake. Maybe he really liked Clawson and his staff.

And we might have been cool on him.

Pretty positive Sage didn't have commutable offer to UNC. I have read that countless times on different messages boards. Staff liked Beau Corrales and Waydale Jones-who's visiting the 27- a little more.

We are. We recruited him hard out of high school.

LOL at the article saying he's "out of Atlanta's Monroe Area High School." Yeah.... Monroe is nowhere near Atlanta. It's a solid 90 minutes East of Atlanta, basically a few miles outside of Athens.
He has age but not a lot of game experience. And he hasn't shown all that well when he has played.

To all kinds of media types, being in a large city's TV market means you are in that city.

We need a larger RB - 210 and up - who has some age and experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT