ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread....

Maybe some of his other offers have filled their needs at DT or moved on. UGa is only team listed as warm........How do you misspell Solomon?
Here's something I don't understand.... Michigan is one of the premier public academic institutions (most rankings put them ahead of UNC pretty regularly), yet you never really hear a peep about them struggling to keep their athletes eligible. Now, I'm sure they have some guys flunk out like all schools do, but you don't really hear any gnashing of teeth from the Michigan folks about struggling to find guys that can make the grade...whereas you do hear that gnashing of teeth from UNC folks.

Aubrey Solomon is from South Georgia, aka FSU territory. South Georgia recruits are notorious for being academical risks (it's why Georgia Southern always fields a pretty good team), yet Solomon gets a Michigan offer, no problem. As long as Michigan is getting high-caliber recruits like they always do, I never wanna hear academics as an excuse for UNC not going after a guy. Just my two cents.

Reactions: HeelFan58
I wonder if you hear less teeth gnashing because they have quality depth. Every guy is a 4*, even backups, while we've got low 3*s doing the backing up.

Notre seems to have a bunch lately, are they teeth-gnashing the way we might? (Greg Bryant and others)

I wonder if you hear less teeth gnashing because they have quality depth. Every guy is a 4*, even backups, while we've got low 3*s doing the backing up.

Notre seems to have a bunch lately, are they teeth-gnashing the way we might? (Greg Bryant and others)
I guess it's apples and oranges because Michigan and Notre Dame recruit on an entirely different level than we do. So a Kyree Campbell not qualifying, for instance, hurts us a lot more than it would hurt Michigan or Notre Dame.

According to 247 Adarius Lemons has recommitted to UF. I guess they told him don't worry about grades this is the SEC.

Here's something I don't understand.... Michigan is one of the premier public academic institutions (most rankings put them ahead of UNC pretty regularly), yet you never really hear a peep about them struggling to keep their athletes eligible. Now, I'm sure they have some guys flunk out like all schools do, but you don't really hear any gnashing of teeth from the Michigan folks about struggling to find guys that can make the grade...whereas you do hear that gnashing of teeth from UNC folks.

Aubrey Solomon is from South Georgia, aka FSU territory. South Georgia recruits are notorious for being academical risks (it's why Georgia Southern always fields a pretty good team), yet Solomon gets a Michigan offer, no problem. As long as Michigan is getting high-caliber recruits like they always do, I never wanna hear academics as an excuse for UNC not going after a guy. Just my two cents.
The Big Ten always gets a pass, and Michigan will get more of a pass than anybody in the Big Ten, even Ohio St.

Stone Mountain (GA) 2018 three-star offensive lineman Jalil Irvin became the third prospect within the last 24 hours to decommit from Michigan, as he reopened his recruitment on Tuesday morning.
Irvin, whose only other offers are from Illinois and Tulane, has never visited Ann Arbor and pledged to the staff sight unseen after a satellite camp in Atlanta in June.

That's just dumb.

According to 247 Adarius Lemons has recommitted to UF. I guess they told him don't worry about grades this is the SEC.
Seems like it was a wake-up call from the Fighting Gatorades. Message received apparently.

Simple truth is the kid is too good to "let go" and Florida knows it.

Stone Mountain (GA) 2018 three-star offensive lineman Jalil Irvin became the third prospect within the last 24 hours to decommit from Michigan, as he reopened his recruitment on Tuesday morning.
Irvin, whose only other offers are from Illinois and Tulane, has never visited Ann Arbor and pledged to the staff sight unseen after a satellite camp in Atlanta in June.

That's just dumb.
As a heads up, when you cut-and-paste from a competitor site the hyperlinks still link back to that site. LOL.

Last edited:
As a heads up, when you cut-and-paste from a competitor site the hyperlinks still link back to that site. LOL.
Yeah I forgot to delete it and retype his name in , although it isn't UNC intel. Maybe I will not get disciplined.

This site's revenue -- and therefore its existence -- comes from subscription fees and ad revenue, i.e. traffic/clicks. By posting links to competitor sites, you're driving business away. Naturally this site discourages that kind of activity and as a visitor it seems pretty common sense to not bite the hand that feeds you. Personally, I've always thought this was basic message board etiquette.

Aubrey Solomon is from South Georgia, aka FSU territory.

Georgia has a ton more South Georgia talent on the roster than does FSU - I don't think the Seminoles start a single player from the entire state and haven't gotten many top players from anywhere here recently much less So Georgia while Georgia has dominated So Georgia recruiting lately - and will get Soloman most likely.

Sure lot of Auburn fans in west, Tenn fans in north, and FSU fans in Deep South but the number one team everywhere in the state - by far - is always UGA.

We have tons of room for wr and DL, not like either or. We graduate fifteen seniors, and he was the fifteenth commit, every yr a few fall away early and we could put a few jrs into the draft (mj, miles, nazair, hood could play their way in)

Need more DLine anyway...
That we do. Plus, Ryan Tannehill is an example of a QB who started at WR for a year and then moved to be the best QB in Texas A&M history (he was followed by Johnny Manziel). I could see Surratt as a 1st rate WR. I could see Byrd as a 1st rate HB.

That we do. Plus, Ryan Tannehill is an example of a QB who started at WR for a year and then moved to be the best QB in Texas A&M history (he was followed by Johnny Manziel). I could see Surratt as a 1st rate WR. I could see Byrd as a 1st rate HB.
I like the way you think, Woad! We've got some good WR talent waiting in the wings, it's inexperience talent but talent nonetheless.

Rontavious Groves 5-11 FR
Juval Mollette 6-4 FR
Austin Proehl 5-11 JR
Roscoe Johnson 6-1 FR
Jordan Cunningham 6-2 JR
Anthony Ratliff-Williams 6-1 FR
Josh Cabrera 6-3 SO
Devin Perry 6-2 SO
Dante DiMaggio 6-2 SO
Thomas Jackson 5-11 JR
Jared Worley 6-3 FR
Jordan Fieulleteau 6-3 JR

And these are just the guys currently on our roster that are listed as WR's. I'm much more worried about RB and DL.

From one our inside Carolina's insiders

Fedora said that his attitude and academics weren't good. He said he will give Jones another chance if his attitude changes and he pulls his grades back up

Moore would be nice. Plus there are tons of mallard creek kids from '18 that would be nice to sway.

Jordan Riley had a foot fracture earlier in the yr. This makes me think we should take 4 DTs in the class unless Kyree Campbell swings back to the good side.

Moore would be nice. Plus there are tons of mallard creek kids from '18 that would be nice to sway.

Jordan Riley had a foot fracture earlier in the yr. This makes me think we should take 4 DTs in the class unless Kyree Campbell swings back to the good side.
Moore allegedly has grades issues. We supposedly pulled our offer.

Football but will have the opportunity to try out for Harvard basketball team if he wants to.

Not gonna happen.

Recruiting tiddybits:

UNC is giving Ryan Jones time to improve his academics and looking into reason for him being kicked off team. I thought that ship had sailed but apparently not.

I heard Lemons has been kicked off his team and is now a soft verbal to UF.

UF has now offered Malik Davis and jumped to the favorite. He's not that highly rated but has put up crazzzy numbers.

Xach Gill is supposedly wanting to enroll early and is considering several schools with VT being our biggest competition.

Seems a little too quiet but that is it from my "cabal" of recruiting gurus.

Reactions: randman1
does seem quiet lately. I'm hoping we are casting lines at big-dawgs, trying to flip people, etc.

Like Darnell Euwell from Norfolk. He's committed to Notre. Notre in the winter HAS to suck. Plus Notre sucks right now despite consecutive top 15 classes.

eta - Jordan Riley is also an early enrollee

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC_Blue
Recruiting tiddybits:

UNC is giving Ryan Jones time to improve his academics and looking into reason for him being kicked off team. I thought that ship had sailed but apparently not.

I heard Lemons has been kicked off his team and is now a soft verbal to UF.

UF has now offered Malik Davis and jumped to the favorite. He's not that highly rated but has put up crazzzy numbers.

Xach Gill is supposedly wanting to enroll early and is considering several schools with VT being our biggest competition.

Seems a little too quiet but that is it from my "cabal" of recruiting gurus.

Thanks for the latest info. I take it then we and VA Tech are in the lead with Gill?

Early enrollment sounds good to me.

We really need VT to lose and for us to supplant them in the ACCCG. Beamer had VT's recruiting at an awful level, which was great for us, and I'd sure hate to see the Chokies recover on that front under Justin Fuente

Bud Foster retiring would also be awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT