ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

At least one more before the month is gone from what I was told... told y'all in another thread we werent done this month... I don't know when its coming, or from whom it's coming, but I was told at least one more is about to pop for UNC

The fackpride meltdown has begun in ernest

BlackRazor 76672
14 minutes ago

Pack2004 said... (original post)

But, but Cory and Michael had him coming here on their crystal ball. May want to change that Evans prediction while you are at it.

Grandpa Mack is kicking our ass on the recruiting trail. I laughed when he was hired but damn.....

holy shit if FB goes like the other sports just put a white flag on the helmets!

FSU's Landon Dickerson is in the grad transfer portal. Like all of the FSU OLinemen the past couple of years, he has not lived up to expectations. But he is from NC, and he has potential. He could help the OL depth, especially if 1 or more guys end up on the DL.

Reactions: Archer2
2019 3* DT recruit Derek Green of Jacksonville, NC signed with Oklahoma. He even enrolled early. But now he is leaving. Ruffin was a huge part of getting him to OU. If Green likes Mack, Bateman, and Cross, he may well become a Tar Heel.

I think he had firm offers from Georgia and Tennessee as well as ACC schools, so he is certainly a 3* DT with a lot of potential.

2019 3* DT recruit Derek Green of Jacksonville, NC signed with Oklahoma. He even enrolled early. But now he is leaving. Ruffin was a huge part of getting him to OU. If Green likes Mack, Bateman, and Cross, he may well become a Tar Heel.

I think he had firm offers from Georgia and Tennessee as well as ACC schools, so he is certainly a 3* DT with a lot of potential.
Looks like he's going to be joining the military.

https://www.normantranscript.com/ok...cle_8a72dbee-2fdc-11e9-aeff-3be58f3d72b8.html

The military was an option that his family pressed if he were not going to be in school.

I really like that about his family. It means they are aware of the trouble that young men can fall into when they are idle. If you are not in school, then work full time. If you are an 18 or 19 or 20 year old young man, do a military hitch and get some discipline while you learn a trade and/or prepare to do college work.

That's the kind of family we want as part of UNC football.

Hopefully we can work some magic on Mitchell Mayes, huge OL, seems to be loving clemsuck right now.

Hopefully we can work some magic on Mitchell Mayes, huge OL, seems to be loving clemsuck right now.
So much for that one.

But what I hope is that the talk about Desmond Evans being a big fan of UNC basketball and wanting to play both sports in college means he becomes a Tar Heel commit before tool long. He could be the next Peppers in terms of great DE.

Clemson just got another top OL commit: Bryn Tucker of Knoxville, TN

Dabo is not falling down even a bit.

Seems quiet-ish. Rumor is that we're Trenton Simpson's fav, but we're talking about kids, so you never know.

Reactions: uncboy10
Seems quiet-ish. Rumor is that we're Trenton Simpson's fav, but we're talking about kids, so you never know.

Thanks for the update blazers. He looks like a solid player. TOS has him at 80% to us so hopefully that holds true. We need all the LB talent we can get.

Man, would that be great. I’d love to see him and Trenton Simpson bolster our defense. Rivals has Evans listed as a 5* with offers from many major football schools. It would be huge to keep him instate. Right now, 2of 3 CB picks are for NVSU.
Yeah i dont trust nvsu crystal ball forecasters... they always put in crystal balls even when clearly they arent in the running. Look no further than our wide reciever commit... they had just put in their crystal ball picks, and the insiders were telling their fans they were gonna get him 1 day later the wide out commits to unc... Des Evans is gonna be hard to pull, but word is clemson told him they didnt have room for him, and dabo was trying to steer him toward unc

Dabo no room seems like he would make room so not sure if this is true.

If Dabo actually told him that, then the real reason is that he either didn't impress them, or he doesn't fit their system. They'd find a spot for him if they wanted him.

Dont forget that clemson can be ultra selective... you could.be elite and clemson say we dont have room... when in truth they ate in a great spot with and ultra elite... i don't know if the rumor is true or not. Thats why i said supposedly. But im all for getting elite talent any way we can as long as we arent letting people sleep on couches to do it

Dont forget that clemson can be ultra selective... you could.be elite and clemson say we dont have room... when in truth they ate in a great spot with and ultra elite... i don't know if the rumor is true or not. Thats why i said supposedly. But im all for getting elite talent any way we can as long as we arent letting people sleep on couches to do it
Apparently they want 5* Jordan Burch and 5* Bryan Breese, but you'd think they'd try to string along Des Evans as a backup to those guys. Of course, they're stacked with Xavier Thomas, KJ Henry, etc...

Apparently they want 5* Jordan Burch and 5* Bryan Breese, but you'd think they'd try to string along Des Evans as a backup to those guys. Of course, they're stacked with Xavier Thomas, KJ Henry, etc...
Apparently they also want the myles murphy de from GA, who is even better than the myles murphy de from NC, and have a good chance at him too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT