ADVERTISEMENT

2023 AAU Circuit News!

Love the fact that his such a natural scorer but I would go crazy if any team I coached played D like that!

I am curious as how how you guys are looking at Cappy Jack at this point as it translates to how he plays at UNC next season, maybe same with Drake? Is it similar to how most looked at Cadeau after he committed to us? What position do you think he plays, does he start next season?

I am curious as how how you guys are looking at Cappy Jack at this point as it translates to how he plays at UNC next season, maybe same with Drake? Is it similar to how most looked at Cadeau after he committed to us? What position do you think he plays, does he start next season?
I see him as the 2 as long as RJ leaves. Hubert's preferred 2 guards who can play lead scenario. Drake is a pure 3.

Cadeau is the pure point model, Cap Jack is the Iverson, D.Rose, Westbrook type, more a 2 who can be a lead, score 1st type.

6th man or possible starter at the 2G spot in my opinion. I suspect he will be a scorer(14-5pts/gm) almost from day one, and even more so if we ever decide to play at Carolina tempo. The key for him and most frosh will be on the defensive end. This ain't AAU basketball.:oops:

6th man or possible starter at the 2G spot in my opinion. I suspect he will be a scorer(14-5pts/gm) almost from day one, and even more so if we ever decide to play at Carolina tempo. The key for him and most frosh will be on the defensive end. This ain't AAU basketball.:oops:
Yep. he is a straight-up 2 with the athleticism to play a small 3 if needed.
Not a Combo or a 1.

I'm guessing Captain Jack will be our two guard and has to be salivating watching the way we are utilizing RJ. On the other hand, he might be more than a little concerned that RJ may stay? I see Drake's path to starting minutes a little easier given his reputation as a defender. Of course, that moves Ingram to four if he's still here.

I see Jack as a 3-2 combo, not sold his jumper is on point yet with Cadeau I think we are going to need a big time jump shooter at the 2, if RJ does leave I think we will need the portal for that jump shooter. The real question is can Seth become that locked in jump shooter we need but the other question is who backs up Cadeau at the point? Can that guy be Seth, my gut says at this time no, I am still not convinced that his jump shooting is strong enough to give us what we may need with a weak jump shooting PG. Concerned, because Seth has not been used as a PG that by next season he just will not be ready for the back up point minutes. No way Jack fits that need, would have been nice to have had Wilcher to fit that spot as a soph. Even if Jack fills our need for a 2 guard, he does not help us at the point.

Ingram, IMO should be at the wing for us right now but he may be locked in to the 4 come next season for 2 reasons, first Withers has not shown he can be the man at the 4, Jalen has defensive issues that need to be cleaned up and has been more targeted to play the 5. Maybe High if he gets good weight on him, Brown is not going to be ready, so looks like ingram at the 4 again. The other reason for Ingram at the 4 is Jack and Drake, to me those 2 have my 3 spot totally covered, I start one of them, they get near equal PT until one of them steps to the head of the table, I suspect that could be Drake. I am not at all sold on starting 2 freshmen at positions (the 2 and the 3 spots) that traditionally require great jump shooting, especially if our PG is not a big scorer.

I think we are going to have to portal in at least 2 and I would love us to get 3. I think we are going to need a back up PG, a knock down jump shooting 2, and a center that can score and rim protect but has the size to get space when he needs it. Of the 3, for me, I think the jump shooter is the most critical need.

Reactions: Oak ridger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT