ADVERTISEMENT

2023 RECRUITING...

Seems like Carolina will definitely be in his top 5 that he is releasing today and should be in the mix to land him.
That was never in doubt. He paid Tipton to do the Top 5 edit last week.

What we don't want is him scheduling any more OVs. Arkansas is trying to get him in soon for an OV. And I believe his summer OVs to Michigan and Nova were technically junior year OVs, so he could visit them again too.

He said he grew up dreaming of getting a UNC offer. We need to hope those feelings are strong enough to get him to end his recruitment soon.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said "it didn't go well." I said it "didn't go as good as we expected," because it didn't. The expectation amongst the staff was he'd get to see Live Action on Friday, get blown away by the visit to his dream school, and he'd commit before leaving (or at least decide he didn't need any more visits.) Instead Live Action got postponed, he hung out more with his family than the players, and he left without committing and is reportedly still considering using his other official visits.

That doesn't mean he had a bad visit. That doesn't mean UNC won't get him. It just means the visit did not go as well as the staff had planned.
Eh, you left it pretty vague IMO. You should have expanded on what you meant in the original post.

Eh, you left it pretty vague IMO. You should have expanded on what you meant in the original post.

Reverse Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Like I said, visits generally go well here! Hundreds of peeps have been through here; many have committed and many didn't, but all were impressed. It proves my point that peeps can only come up with 3 and all of them knew where they were going before visiting! I always feel optimistic if we get them on campus and I really like our chances with Mr. High!

BTW: I hope he does visit more places because I am confident we stack up well!

Join the Family, Mr. High!

Zayden just liked this tweet from one of the freshmen at Arkansas (I had forgotten Eric Musselman landed three 5-star recruits in his '22 class, and already has a 5-star commit in '23.) I would absolutely love it if Hubert pulled a Roy, and flew in to do an in-home sometime this week to lock this recruitment up and prevent an Arkansas visit from ever being scheduled. Mussleman is absolutely on a roll right now recruiting.

Last edited:
Zayden just liked this tweet from one of the freshmen at Arkansas (I had forgotten Eric Musselman landed three 5-star recruits in his '22 class, and already has a 5-star commit in '23.) I would absolutely love it if Hubert pulled a Roy, and flew in to do an in-home sometime this week to lock this recruitment up and prevent an Arkansas visit from ever being scheduled. Mussleman is absolutely on a roll right now recruiting.

3 5star players in this Arkansas class, well good for them, they get 3 guys looking to audition for the NBA after their freshman season that have no experience in playing college level players. So what matters in this discussion is what does High see himself as, a guy that is looking to be 1 & D or a guy that wants to learn to play and win at this level and lets his future develop as it should?

I don't think he would fit in well on a team loaded with 1&D freshman 5 stars, I think he needs to develop physically as well as refine skill while keeping his shooting stroke honed. I think more important to High is being in a program where most of the time he would be able to play as a stretch 4 but I think he would enjoy playing a stretch 5 role as well. Realize, we tend to define position more often due to who a player can defend more than where they can score from now days. So if you are a stretch 4 or 5 it means you are defending more 4s or 5s on the defensive end, does not mean you are stuck for all your PT shackled deep in the paint on the offensive end. That was kind of the case with Roy, he wanted 2 bigs in the paint, not so much how Hubert seems to want to play.

My take is that he is a skilled long big. Arkansas with Musselman is doing great, Michigan, Nova, etc. all make sense as well. UNC makes great sense too!! Good luck to the young fella, he has worked himself into being courted by some excellent options, would love if he chose blue heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT