ADVERTISEMENT

250k!

You're wrong Dave! The clearing house told Memphis Rose was clear and then came back after the season and said he wasn't! They even said they couldn't prove that he didn't take his test but they thought he didn't. Even the writing expert they brought in said he couldn't say forsure that it wasn't Roses handwriting.

It is actually pretty simple scotty, the entity that administers the SAT testing invalidated Rose's SAT under the belief that he did not himself take the test, that someone else took it for him. They contacted Rose twice to answer some questions about the test, Rose elected to ignore them, in other words offer no explanation what so ever of his side of the situation. So his SAT was invalidated, guys can not play NCAA ball without a valid SAT score.

Now the NCAA took the easy path and frankly the path both Memphis and Kalipari should have preferred, simple stripping of all wins Rose was a part of. That way the school nor the coach would have to explain the relationship between Kalipari, Rose, and William Wesley (once described by Kal as the greatest ambassador for the Memphis program, his ambassadorship has now relocated to Lexington Ky). Nor would they have to explain that Rose was in Detroit, where William Wesley lives, being invited to a Pistons game by Wesley, and oh yeah, while there had a few extra minutes, could have grabbed a burger & a coke, decided to take the SAT? The SAT, same test he failed 3 times in his home town but in between events in Detroit passed it? LOL

You're wrong Dave! The clearing house told Memphis Rose was clear and then came back after the season and said he wasn't! They even said they couldn't prove that he didn't take his test but they thought he didn't. Even the writing expert they brought in said he couldn't say forsure that it wasn't Roses handwriting.
OMG. You would make a great North Korean government spokesman. Are you seriously spouting that unmitigated crap? Well then, congrats. You've just completed the mission of making a total buffoon of yourself on our board.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
It is actually pretty simple scotty, the entity that administers the SAT testing invalidated Rose's SAT under the belief that he did not himself take the test, that someone else took it for him. They contacted Rose twice to answer some questions about the test, Rose elected to ignore them, in other words offer no explanation what so ever of his side of the situation. So his SAT was invalidated, guys can not play NCAA ball without a valid SAT score.

Now the NCAA took the easy path and frankly the path both Memphis and Kalipari should have preferred, simple stripping of all wins Rose was a part of. That way the school nor the coach would have to explain the relationship between Kalipari, Rose, and William Wesley (once described by Kal as the greatest ambassador for the Memphis program, his ambassadorship has now relocated to Lexington Ky). Nor would they have to explain that Rose was in Detroit, where William Wesley lives, being invited to a Pistons game by Wesley, and oh yeah, while there had a few extra minutes, could have grabbed a burger & a coke, decided to take the SAT? The SAT, same test he failed 3 times in his home town but in between events in Detroit passed it? LOL

Notice what you just said! You said "the NCAA invalidated Roses score under the BELIEF he didn't take the test" meaning they don't know forsure! I'm not one to bury my head in the sand and if I was betting I would bet Rose didn't take the test BUT they never proved he didn't and stripped wins and such on belief that he didn't!!!

I think the vast majority of us believe that Rose didn't take the SAT and improve his score that much, just as the vast majority of us probably believe that OJ killed his wife and her friend. Memphis was punished and OJ wasn't. The difference was that in a court of law the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt". With the NCAA, strong suspicion suffices to be deemed guilty.

The situation with Maggette was very similar. There was no proof that Cal nor the LOM knew either player was guilty of infractions and would be ruled ineligible. Yet Cal and Memphis were punished and the LOM and d00k skated. I will freely admit that was illogical and purposefully arbitrary.

I understand that and that's my point! In both cases the NCAA said Cal had nothing to do with Camby or Rose so they cleared him of ALL wrong doing.

Actually, the NCAA could not find a smoking gun leading directly back to Kalipari, do ya honestly think all that went down and William Wesley directly involved, and Kal didn't know about it?

I mean hey, all they were able to pin on Al Capone was tax evasion, was that all he actually did?

I understand that and that's my point! In both cases the NCAA said Cal had nothing to do with Camby or Rose so they cleared him of ALL wrong doing.

What's your point? Cal has left a path of sanctions in his wake. So what if he's slithered his way out of being directly implicated? In a few years when UK has had sanctions slapped on them, maybe a banner taken down, is it going to make you feel any better that Cal left for the NBA and was cleared of any wrong doing?

Actually, the NCAA could not find a smoking gun leading directly back to Kalipari, do ya honestly think all that went down and William Wesley directly involved, and Kal didn't know about it?

I mean hey, all they were able to pin on Al Capone was tax evasion, was that all he actually did?

So does this same logic apply to Roy and what's going on at UNC??

So does this same logic apply to Roy and what's going on at UNC??

Scotty, it would if Roy had left a trail of destruction every place he has been. Thing is what some rival fans want to believe about Roy has no grounding in history. But the history is absolutely there for the suspicion of Calipari, do I really need to give a list concerning him, no I don't because it is widely known and used to be screamed by Ky fans until he became YOUR coach?

What is Roy's involvement in any negative "UNC goings on", all the investigations clearly indicate Roy had no knowledge or involvement in our AFAM issue. I kinda take that like my asking why was Calipari hanging out with gambling concerns because he may have been spotted at the Ky derby?

What you either fail to realize or refuse to accept is the very close and well documented relationship between your head coach and William Wesley, well known for delivering players to Calipari first at Memphis and now to Ky. Now before he became your Ky head coach, Ky fans were all over this fact and hated Calipari for it yet now he qualifies for sainthood?

Tell ya something else, UNC fans didn't call nor ever considered Roy a cheater before he came to UNC. Now can the same be said about Calipari concerning Ky fans? Rick Pitino walked on water when he was your Ky coach and now how do Ky fans see him?

Was Pitino in trouble at UK like he is/was at UL??? No!!!! Yea I'll give you that a lot of UK fans said things about Cal when he was at Memphis because just like me, they didn't know the facts and didn't really care if he was guilty or not. We all heard it on ESPN so it just had to be true! I'll also remind you of what UNC fans was saying right after Roy made his famous "I don't give a damn about the UNC job" comment! Do you happen to remember that???? As far as WWW goes you may wanna research that a little more. Sandy Bell made it clear to Calipari that WWW wasn't wanted around the UK program. You can say what you want but Sandy Bell is one of the best in the business. So when UNC gets its notice of what it's penalties will be and in those penalties if it includes anything to do with men's basketball are you then going to look at Roy like he's dirty?

Go home troll.

lol yea I'm a troll. That's how it works on this board. If someone has a different view or doesn't agree with everything UNC or if they question UNC they are a troll. Message boards are for different opinions and to talk about all things college basketball. Thanks for reminding me why I stopped posting over here. Mike all the best to you and I'll continue to pray for you!!!

Thanks Scotty, but come on man. You think ANY Tar Heel can go to Rupp and put a positive spin on our situation and not get run out of town?

If you say yes, I have a bridge for sell on Hwy 49, want it?

lol yea I'm a troll. That's how it works on this board. If someone has a different view or doesn't agree with everything UNC or if they question UNC they are a troll. Message boards are for different opinions and to talk about all things college basketball. Thanks for reminding me why I stopped posting over here. Mike all the best to you and I'll continue to pray for you!!!
Please continue that policy. Yes you are a troll.... at least I hope for your sake you are, because if you actually believe any of the mess your've posted here then you are clinically delusional.

You guys seem surprised that this person is delusional about UNC. I have had him ignored for about a year since he first revealed his insanity!

Was Pitino in trouble at UK like he is/was at UL??? No!!!! Yea I'll give you that a lot of UK fans said things about Cal when he was at Memphis because just like me, they didn't know the facts and didn't really care if he was guilty or not. We all heard it on ESPN so it just had to be true! I'll also remind you of what UNC fans was saying right after Roy made his famous "I don't give a damn about the UNC job" comment! Do you happen to remember that???? As far as WWW goes you may wanna research that a little more. Sandy Bell made it clear to Calipari that WWW wasn't wanted around the UK program. You can say what you want but Sandy Bell is one of the best in the business. So when UNC gets its notice of what it's penalties will be and in those penalties if it includes anything to do with men's basketball are you then going to look at Roy like he's dirty?

Scotty, first off, I like ya so what I am saying is not intended as a personal shot at you (hey, tell my Ky bud I said howdy).

Yeah, I well recall Roy making that comment, do ya recall the3 circumstance of the game he was getting ready to coach his team in and some jack arse reporter just had to go there, I never had any issue with that comment from Roy because it was driven by the circumstances. But that is a far cry from Ky fans screaming that Calipari was the ut most cheater in the game while he was the Memphis coach. Really, think we say harsh things about Calipari, we couldn't hold a candle to what your very own Ky fans were screaming about him.

I don't care what Sandy or her twin sister Tinker said, WWW has been delivering players one after another since Cal ran away fro Memphis and ended up in Lexington.

And no, I am not going to look at Roy like he is dirty, I am not because what is it 3 or 4 separate investigations now have stated Roy was in no way involved nor any member of Roy's coaching staff. And we are not made to swallow something we all know is bull as in the Calipari has clean hands nonsense.

I think what upsets Ky fans so much is they know Roy is clean, they know he was not involved in the AFAM stuff and they know he isn't involved with this recent steering scandal and they know just the opposite of Calipari, that he is involved and they fear it may be able to be discovered now with the FBI investigating it. They fear UNC, not just for the fact we are more successful even when they have been able to dominate recruiting, they fear that we have been able to do it clean while they can't even cheat and match us.

Dave, you aren’t quite correct. Roy didn’t say that before he coached a game...he said “I don’t give a shit about North Carolina right now, I’ve got 13 kids in that locker room right now that I love.” after Kansas just lost the National Title game and he had just addressed his heartbroken group of players. Roy is caring and emotional and his heart was still with that locker room.

What many rival fans forget to mention is the second part of the quote "...right now, I've got 13 kids in that locker room right now that I love". Leaving that out changes the context completely. They are either idiots, it shows their bias or they don't even know the situation in which he was speaking. Roy was pushed two previous times in that interview to discuss the UNC job and he respectfully pushed back that he understood the question but it wasn’t very courteous to ask at that time. What it shows is it wasn’t about him. It was about his kids and them just losing a heartbreaker National Title game.

For me it gave me a greater respect for Roy and cemented he was the guy I wanted to lead my program.

Last edited:
Scotty, first off, I like ya so what I am saying is not intended as a personal shot at you (hey, tell my Ky bud I said howdy).

Yeah, I well recall Roy making that comment, do ya recall the3 circumstance of the game he was getting ready to coach his team in and some jack arse reporter just had to go there, I never had any issue with that comment from Roy because it was driven by the circumstances. But that is a far cry from Ky fans screaming that Calipari was the ut most cheater in the game while he was the Memphis coach. Really, think we say harsh things about Calipari, we couldn't hold a candle to what your very own Ky fans were screaming about him.

I don't care what Sandy or her twin sister Tinker said, WWW has been delivering players one after another since Cal ran away fro Memphis and ended up in Lexington.

And no, I am not going to look at Roy like he is dirty, I am not because what is it 3 or 4 separate investigations now have stated Roy was in no way involved nor any member of Roy's coaching staff. And we are not made to swallow something we all know is bull as in the Calipari has clean hands nonsense.

I think what upsets Ky fans so much is they know Roy is clean, they know he was not involved in the AFAM stuff and they know he isn't involved with this recent steering scandal and they know just the opposite of Calipari, that he is involved and they fear it may be able to be discovered now with the FBI investigating it. They fear UNC, not just for the fact we are more successful even when they have been able to dominate recruiting, they fear that we have been able to do it clean while they can't even cheat and match us.
MIKE FREAKIN DROP...

Have a good day sir

[QUOTE="DSouthr, post: 923126, member: 486"

I think what upsets Ky fans so much is they know Roy is clean, they know he was not involved in the AFAM stuff and they know he isn't involved with this recent steering scandal and they know just the opposite of Calipari, that he is involved and they fear it may be able to be discovered now with the FBI investigating it.[/QUOTE]

Game, set, match!

Reactions: gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT