ADVERTISEMENT

Any recruiting news?

truetarheelraider0806

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2016
So I poast on this site because TOS has become a who has the biggest grapefruits type of board. The football site over here though.... It's like a grave yd. Are their any recruiting tidbits at all? I mean most of the threads are about other schools for crying out loud... Can we get some news on UNC football?

Last edited:
All the good poasters stopped coming to the free football board on this site due to a select few poasters who repeat themselves to no end and wouldn't piss on Fedora if he was on fire.

I thought we were jaylon scott’s Favorite but I see he committed to moou. They keep adding linebackers. We need that position too.

I thought we were jaylon scott’s Favorite but I see he committed to moou. They keep adding linebackers. We need that position too.
They are taking advantage of what many recruits see as anbup and coming program. Funny we were winning at a higher clip than them until last yr, and couldn't get recruits to take us seriously. But in state recruits are eating up doreans I could have had the ut job and turned it down Kool-aid

I think we quit recruiting him early spring, perhaps around the time that Gunter left, but probably more around the time that Dax chose VT. I get the feeling we weren't that interested or would've kept chatting him up.

There isn’t really much to talk about right now, but I’m sure we’ll bring this board back to life towards the end of summer when the season starts getting closer.

Reactions: dgheel57
We really need to land some of the big in state fishes and keep them from leaving and going to the sec. come on fedora and crew get it done.

And It sounds like Derek Boykins really likes S Car.

So who is going to be our other LB recruit?

We really need to land some of the big in state fishes and keep them from leaving and going to the sec. come on fedora and crew get it done.
If we could land Big Name/Time recruits from elsewhere, it wouldn't matter that we seem to whiff on most of the top NC talent.

That said, I still am bothered that Doeren seems to be clicking with a large number of quality recruits from NC. If Moo is landing many top NC recruits while we are no better than average or barely above average, then Moo is positioning itself to be better in the future.

if we were landing big time recruits from elsewhere we wouldn't be whiffing on so many instate recruits.
we've got problems.

where's a good place to look at the top 25 nc high school recruits over the last 10 years?

thanks blazers, ohio made my night with that one.

i remember us losing some high nc recruits to big time programs but not that many to moo u. just wanted to look at it

Reactions: ohio tarheels
the SEC (and VT/Clemson) definitely taking lots of our top talent, NC St getting some. there's several top 10 kids at position of need still available for 2019 - need to close on a couple of them

Which is more likely? Moo signs all 3 of the top DL prospects in the state (Savion Jackson, Joshua Harris, CJ Clark) or UNC signs either Clark or Harris?

We are gonna sign some 215 lb linebacker the staff is gonna hype the 2* up as the next great dt and that's that... We aren't gonna get not one top tier defensive lineman. The cat is out of the bag on fedora and defense

We are gonna sign some 215 lb linebacker the staff is gonna hype the 2* up as the next great dt and that's that... We aren't gonna get not one top tier defensive lineman. The cat is out of the bag on fedora and defense

Don't matter they can never stay in school anyway...

Which is more likely? Moo signs all 3 of the top DL prospects in the state (Savion Jackson, Joshua Harris, CJ Clark) or UNC signs either Clark or Harris?
It is mind blowing that such good guys would want to go to state. Does Raleigh nightlife have some draw over Franklin Street, or is there something else I am missing?

Reactions: dswhite00
It is mind blowing that such good guys would want to go to state. Does Raleigh nightlife have some draw over Franklin Street, or is there something else I am missing?
We sucked last year that's what happened. Add to that every defensive recruit now knows that Fedora is not going to do the defense any favor. He's going to try to score fast and often. Wearing the defense out when Chip Kelly was at Oregon he could do this because he made Oregon deep and changed their diet to to fit his style. Fedora does not seem to do that. I believe this is part of the reason we saw such a rash of injuries last year. Recruits don't want to be ran into the ground. The end game is the NFL. If they're worn down before they get there there is no point

Last edited:
We sucked last year that's what happened. Answer that every defensive recruit now knows but door is not going to do the defense any favor. He's going to try to score fast and often. Wearing the defense out when Chip Kelly was at Oregon he could do this because he made Oregon deep and change their diet to to fit his style. Fedora does not seem to do that. I believe this is part of the reason we saw such a rash of injuries last year. Recruits don't want to be ran into the ground. The end game is the NFL. If they're worn down before they get there there is no point

Stop with this BS..

Reactions: dswhite00
We sucked last year that's what happened. Add to that every defensive recruit now knows that Fedora is not going to do the defense any favor. He's going to try to score fast and often. Wearing the defense out when Chip Kelly was at Oregon he could do this because he made Oregon deep and changed their diet to to fit his style. Fedora does not seem to do that. I believe this is part of the reason we saw such a rash of injuries last year. Recruits don't want to be ran into the ground. The end game is the NFL. If they're worn down before they get there there is no point
Why no injury rash every other when we played even faster. Don't see your logic.

Why no injury rash every other when we played even faster. Don't see your logic.
We were also deeper those yrs and the 11-1 yr we avoided serious injuries to key players... I could he completely wrong about the injuries, but they happened and then kept happening last yr. Maybe they were all flukes, but in my life it has been 1x accident 2x coincidence 3x habit 4x there is an issue... That issue happened 20 something times last yr

Last edited:
We’ve been through this extensively but if you guys want to keep making yourselves look like morons then go ahead.
You can deny all you want the Carolina insider podcast guys.. you know the guy that actually covers the team said they were maxing out during season. Ditto tos podcast.... Soooo I mean there is that
Are those guys morons as well?

Reactions: WhitePhantoms
... Recruits don't want to be ran into the ground. The end game is the NFL. If they're worn down before they get there there is no point
this is a key point in recruiting nowadays. people wonder why 4-star players go to schools where there are other 4-stars at their position, this is one reason -- they know they won't have to play non-stop for four years and be worn down and likely injured before they get to the nfl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT