ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches fired; coaches hired

Fedora puts a feeler out at Houston with no bite and they bite applewhite. Looks like ol Fedora has whiffed this off season and folks outside of chapel hill realize he's all sizzle no steak.

If he wants to leave let him leave.

I think Houston has forgotten that they are a mid major. I'm surprised that Kiffin would consider them. I guess he thinks that Saban isn't going to be leaving for another 10 years.
Houston has a pretty decent FB tradition. They were part of the old SWC played in the Cotton Bowl 3x and along with Rice and SMU got left out in the exodus to the Big 12 minus.

we don't know if fedora did that...but if he wanted houston, then he can go fh.

other than gruden, i don't recall a coach that hasn't proven anything on the collegiate level have his name mentioned this much.

Y'all do know Houston offered the job to Fed right....He said no...
Houston has the money to make offers to P5 coaches who are not among the highest paid. So it is possible that Houston approached Fedora and offered more than he is now making.

Houston has a pretty decent FB tradition. They were part of the old SWC played in the Cotton Bowl 3x and along with Rice and SMU got left out in the exodus to the Big 12 minus.
Navy has a football tradition too. Doesn't mean they aren't a mid major.

Fickell is similar to Randy Shannon in that he seems not to be willing to consider leaving his home turf. Fickell was born in Columbus, OH and played HS there. He went to Ohio St. He spent about 15 years as an assistant at Ohio St.

He does have 2 years as an assistant outside Ohio St - all the way over at Akron.

Fickell could feel so alien in Cincinnati that flops like a fish out of water.

Minnesota has not been able to get traction since the end of 1 platoon days. The most important reason is that in MN, HS hockey is bigger than HS football everywhere but the areas with large black population The rest is that MN has a small population and border states ND and SD are much smaller still, and, of course, the Vikings. The Twin Cities became totally focused on the Vikings and the NFL.

So what Minnesota did this year, under tough circumstances, should have merited the coach a raise and extension. That goes double as he is the 1st Gophers coach in history to win his 1st two bowls. But Claeys had players who voted to boycott (assuming that because the Dook lacrosse team was nearly railroaded to death by PC that football players accused of rape and abuse of women have to be innocent - see Vanderbilt and Joe Mixon, for examples of what that faith can mean), and he stupidly backed them publicly. That meant every feminist in MN would want his head. The only way Claeys could have gotten away with his sticking his head into a noose forcing PC allies to take sides would have been if all or nearly all the accused players were black and George Soros agreed to fund Black Lives Matter protests in the Twin Cities.

Claeys was Kill's DC, and he is still not 50. Within a year, he should have options as a DC at P5 schools and HC at non-P5 schools. Doing well at either will get him a P5 HC job.

PJ Fleck should stay away from Minnesota. Part of that is due to the built-in hardships there. The rest is that the feminists on campus have now tasted blood and will want to keep causing trouble for football.

Sonny Dykes out at a Cal. UNC opens next season vs. the Bears in Kenan.
Cal fires Dykes - I wonder if Berkeley SJW kids will read that headline and start marching and crying.

Cal is not an easy job, and that goes double when Stanford is winning. And the acknowledgement that part of the reason for firing is that Dykes showed interest in the Baylor job may hurt attempts to replace Dykes.

Forgot we were losing Scott. Don't know if that's good or bad. Any ideas who his replacement might be?
Been meaning to ask you, what's the significance of your avatar? If you don't mind talking about it.

^^ IMO, it's not a good thing. He's an up-and-comer. No clue on a replacement.
You've voiced your disappointment about Dalton. Do you blame the move inside, Dalton, Coach Scott? Sounds like you think yes to the first two and no to the third.

You've voiced your disappointment about Dalton. Do you blame the move inside, Dalton, Coach Scott? Sounds like you think yes to the first two and no to the third.
I blame the move inside (and, I guess, Dalton) but I doubt Scott had the unilateral power to make that decision alone.

It's a double helix. Supposed to mean UNC is in my DNA. Found it on Pinterest.

Did OL' Miss offer more moolah or is that a step up?
Tray Scott is a Hugh Freeze guy. HF is who recommended him to Fedora in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT