ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches fired; coaches hired

I'm not asking just about the decision to move him inside. I'm asking which has contributed to his disappointing performance so far: the move inside, the player himself, poor coaching/development, etc.
I would say the decision, and then JD himself. I base this on Crawford developing quickly and passing JD -- basically -- on the depth chart. But Crawford came in as a DT, so he has an edge on that.

Basically, it's impossible for us to know the answer without being in practice.

it's completely on the player based on his reported "technique" issues...his best chance at this weight to make impact here and maybe in the future is the 3-tech d-tackle.

it's completely on the player based on his reported "technique" issues...his best chance at this weight to make impact here and maybe in the future is the 3-tech d-tackle.
Fair, but I might also argue that our defensive line hasn't shown much if any improvement the last two seasons. Yards per carry allowed, rushing yards allowed, defensive sacks, etc. are all relatively flat across the last three seasons. Our improvement on defense has mostly come from improved pass coverage and shoring up the mistakes that led to catastrophic plays.

Reactions: gteeitup
Fair, but I might also argue that our defensive line hasn't shown much if any improvement the last two seasons. Yards per carry allowed, rushing yards allowed, defensive sacks, etc. are all relatively flat across the last three seasons. Our improvement on defense has mostly come from improved pass coverage and shoring up the mistakes that led to catastrophic plays.

do you believe better coverage comes from pressure plays or vice versa?

i believe inside pressure causes more problems for qb's than outside pressure...also, this scheme from the 20 to the 20 doesn't have the same impact as it does in the red zone...we were okay in the red zone, no?...seems like more hurries, more impact plays, or maybe i'm mistaken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT