ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball

The crystal ball picks are not showing a lot of optimism. Leading only with Green and Bacot, with Bacots percentage to UNC going the wrong way.

Not really a Crystal Ball thing but I just checked the number of players who have committed so far.

5 of the top 25 are gone
8 of the next 25 (for a total of 13 of the top 50)
16 in the 51-100 range (for a total of 29 of the top 100)
20 in the 101-150 range (for a total of 49 of the top 150)

Plenty left. But if we hope to get a full class (whatever that might mean), we might want to extend a few more offers.

Not really a Crystal Ball thing but I just checked the number of players who have committed so far.

5 of the top 25 are gone
8 of the next 25 (for a total of 13 of the top 50)
16 in the 51-100 range (for a total of 29 of the top 100)
20 in the 101-150 range (for a total of 49 of the top 150)

Plenty left. But if we hope to get a full class (whatever that might mean), we might want to extend a few more offers.
I stated on another thread don't be surprised if Roy does not offer anyone else. Despite the crystal ball Roy, thinks we lead for Robinson-Earl, he also is very comfortable with where we stand with Bacot, and Green. He thinks we may lead for Cole, and is very comfortable with man. This is what I was told. Let's let this play out

I think Evan Daniels just picked us for Bacot on CB it is a VIP pick and I could not see it but we went back up a few percentage points and Dook went back down a few but I could be wrong!!

I stated on another thread don't be surprised if Roy does not offer anyone else. Despite the crystal ball Roy, thinks we lead for Robinson-Earl, he also is very comfortable with where we stand with Bacot, and Green. He thinks we may lead for Cole, and is very comfortable with man. This is what I was told. Let's let this play out

EXACTLY what I have been told!!!

Reactions: Heels5150
Yes it is. Evan is plugged in pretty well and doesn’t throw his picks around lightly. Duke made up some ground, but in the end he may have already decided on UNC.

Daniels said he doesn't expect Bacots recruitment to go much longer, so you might be right in saying he may have already decided on UNC.

Daniels said he doesn't expect Bacots recruitment to go much longer, so you might be right in saying he may have already decided on UNC.

Further:
UNC and Roy Williams have made five-star center Armando Bacot a priority in the 2019 class --- and those efforts are paying off. "I think UNC is the leader as we reach the home stretch of Bacot’s recruitment," analyst Evan Daniels said Tuesday. "I’m not expecting his recruitment to go too much longer. This is a kid they’ve really targeted and would be a significant pull by Roy Williams and staff."

Going on what Armando said some time ago, he might like to have his decision prior to starting senior season, if so, then earlier this fall suits me just fine! :cool: The feeling one gets from our staff is a little more upbeat lately....could two commit this fall to UNC? Or more? Couple of kids may be spring types.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozheelfan
With Bacot committing tomorrow, I thought I'd update this. Then we can see if his commitment has any noticeable impact on other predictions.

So . . . 2 changes are worth noting. With 3 more predictions, Bacot has moved back to 100% for UNC! And check out Tre Mann! We've gone from 3rd place @ 11% to the lead @ 44%. Not a lock, but great movement.

Code:
Player       Rank #P  Schools %                  Trend

Anthony       3    6  Duke 83% Ore 17%           No change
Mann         33    9  UNC 44% Fla 33% Tenn 22%   UNC
Nickelberry  Committed to Louisville.  CB prediction Louisville.
Green        11    6  UNC 83% Ariz 17%           No change
Moore        21   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           No change
Brooks       15    8  MSU 50% IND 38% UK 12%     No change
Carey         2   13  Duke 54% Miami 23% MSU 23% No change
Hurt          6   13  KU 77% MN 15% ?? 08%       No change
RobinsonEarl 18    8  KU 100%                    No change
Wiseman       1   21  Memph 67% UK 33%           No change
Baker        25    8  UCLA 62% UNC 25% Tex 12%   No change
Bacot        26   16  UNC 100%                   UNC

giphy.gif

Reactions: venom660turbo
With Bacot committing tomorrow, I thought I'd update this. Then we can see if his commitment has any noticeable impact on other predictions.

So . . . 2 changes are worth noting. With 3 more predictions, Bacot has moved back to 100% for UNC! And check out Tre Mann! We've gone from 3rd place @ 11% to the lead @ 44%. Not a lock, but great movement.

Code:
Player       Rank #P  Schools %                  Trend

Anthony       3    6  Duke 83% Ore 17%           No change
Mann         33    9  UNC 44% Fla 33% Tenn 22%   UNC
Nickelberry  Committed to Louisville.  CB prediction Louisville.
Green        11    6  UNC 83% Ariz 17%           No change
Moore        21   16  Duke 88% UNC 12%           No change
Brooks       15    8  MSU 50% IND 38% UK 12%     No change
Carey         2   13  Duke 54% Miami 23% MSU 23% No change
Hurt          6   13  KU 77% MN 15% ?? 08%       No change
RobinsonEarl 18    8  KU 100%                    No change
Wiseman       1   21  Memph 67% UK 33%           No change
Baker        25    8  UCLA 62% UNC 25% Tex 12%   No change
Bacot        26   16  UNC 100%                   UNC
My guy says we likely lead for Robinson-earl as well...
I shouldn't say my guy: I should say bigwig I know.

Last edited:
I think Bacot could be a domino recruit. Hope he commits soon.

I totally agree and that’s a another big reason that I want Armando (in addition to his fit for our system) is the relationships that he has with our other recruits who seem interested in playing with him at the next level. It very much excites me thinking of a him as a Tar Heel commit being around Green and Robinson-Earl everyday at IMG before they make their own decisions. I’m trying to stay calm, but this is going to be a very exciting next couple of months!

My updated CB is:

Bacot 99.9999999%
Mann 85% (a tiny bit down just because Bossi still thinks he's going to UF)
JRE 70% (I think Bacot committing really helps with JRE, we can sell him on never playing the 5)
Green 45% (giving him a bump since he'll be at IMG with Bacot in his ear)
Cole 8%
Everyone else ~5%

We are back and the playing field is level now I am smiling from ear to ear. It is good to be a HEEL!!!!

I've read UNC is moving up in Mann's recruitment
Speaking of Mann... Has anyone read his pinned tweet on his twitter account? He said he wants to know who "the best players in the state" are ahead of time so that he can guard them every time he sees them.

Well he has just moved into one of my must haves for that comment. That's what I want! Someone who wants to shut down the best, not run from them.

If we are fortunate enough to get Bacot, JRE, Green and Mann that is very hard to beat. To fill four spots with that talent....

Reactions: Archer2
Why is everybody so low on our chances with Cole A.?? I've heard solid things pertaining to him to UNC! Certainly not so low as 8% as was stated here! I understand that's what CB has but I've heard a great deal about Bacot and CA wanting to ball out together, and Greg (Cole's dad) loves Roy and the Carolina "family" program!! ..not to mention Greg A. and Hubert played together for the Knicks.. A lot of positives in regards to the C. Anthony recruitment that shouldn't be taken so lightly in my view!! WATCH OUT!! ..WATCH THE F OUT!!!

If we are fortunate enough to get Bacot, JRE, Green and Mann that is very hard to beat. To fill four spots with that talent....

Any chance for this class becoming Roy's best ever (from a rankings perspective) begins with Cole Anthony. Francis, Mann, Green, JRE and Bacot is amazing, but Anthony takes it to another level.

Uh, yeah, based upon what Frank said above, it is about relationships. We know Hubert and Greg go back to the Knicks days and as a group the Anthony's have held their cards close. Can't say as I blame them. But they are aware of who comes to games, who calls, visits etc. Please recall that Armando's mother (and Armando) said it was about Roy and Hubert coming to games, to their home, calling, keeping promises and so on, integrity is apparently still valued. Roy cares about these kids and their futures and it shows.

I'm ready for a banner and ready for another level. Go Heels!

Why is everybody so low on our chances with Cole A.?? I've heard solid things pertaining to him to UNC! Certainly not so low as 8% as was stated here! I understand that's what CB has but I've heard a great deal about Bacot and CA wanting to ball out together, and Greg (Cole's dad) loves Roy and the Carolina "family" program!! ..not to mention Greg A. and Hubert played together for the Knicks.. A lot of positives in regards to the C. Anthony recruitment that shouldn't be taken so lightly in my view!! WATCH OUT!! ..WATCH THE F OUT!!!
Well, you have to think we wouldn't have reached out to Mann if we felt that good about Anthony's recruitment.

Well, you have to think we wouldn't have reached out to Mann if we felt that good about Anthony's recruitment.
\
Not really, I think it says more about how Roy looks at the possibility of Frances being ready as a college freshman, meaning the kid may not be ready to play much, if at all his freshman season, may be looking at a red shirt. 7th will be a senior, Coby if still with us would not be expected to be there for a Jr season, so you need a PG and a back up. BOTH can play either the 1 or the 2 with Mann, IMO being more of a 2.

\
Not really, I think it says more about how Roy looks at the possibility of Frances being ready as a college freshman, meaning the kid may not be ready to play much, if at all his freshman season, may be looking at a red shirt. 7th will be a senior, Coby if still with us would not be expected to be there for a Jr season, so you need a PG and a back up. BOTH can play either the 1 or the 2 with Mann, IMO being more of a 2.
Sure but...

JRE
Mann
Anthony
Green

2 scholarships.

If you feel confident on Anthony, then why offer Mann there? If he takes it, 1 scholarship left and 3 players left. Surely Green has to be the one you want out of those 3 instead of a somewhat redundancy with Cole... Especially if you think he is one and done versus a 2nd year white or 4th year seventh.

Shoot as far as I am concerned bigwig in. Atlantic Beach is goooooodddd with me. He called this perfectly... His info has been spot on everytime so far

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT