ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Newsome touches on problems in Democratic Party

I can't speak on all issues but one of my wifes biker friends is currently going for cancer treatments and I think it was a pretty quick turnaround from diagnosis to treatment.

As for less urgent issues, yes it does suck that you do wait for certain things and I mentioned before it could be improved. But I feel it's a worth the trade off.

Another thing is that malpractice suits are far fewer up here and they practice "common sense" medicine. Meaning they will not run every (or sometimes any) test in the book just because you have a tummy ache. I remember the first time I went to the Dr. and said "this hurts". He said take some tylenol and see in two weeks if it still hurts.

CC
Wonder what the per capita ratio is there of Doctors and citizens.

No, this was back when I lived in Raleigh.
I'm currently in Ottawa.

CC
Great stuff friend. I have friends from Canada and other countries with socialized medical care. They have always been quite happy with it. Further, I have seen people try and explain why the US doesn't have the same care to my friends and they just seem mystified.

Wonder what the per capita ratio is there of Doctors and citizens.

Good question. Everyone is supposed to have a family doctor but not everyone does. Also, my doctor is out of town one week a month to work up north in areas without regular medical care.

Also, I'm not sure but I don't think doctors up here make the kind of money they do in the states. I mean I think they do well but just not as well as they do down south.

CC

Reactions: nctransplant
Great stuff friend. I have friends from Canada and other countries with socialized medical care. They have always been quite happy with it. Further, I have seen people try and explain why the US doesn't have the same care to my friends and they just seem mystified.
This is a perfect answer to that question.
I'll also point out that Canada's population is about 36 million. Population numbers make a big difference in price. Their system wouldn't be sustainable here without a huge increase in tax revenue. And of course another problem is actually having enough doctors to see all of these people in a reasonable time frame.

I'd live there in a second if it weren't so friggin' cold. I can't handle that. My brother and his family moved to Minneapolis about 6 years ago... I cannot understand how people live in that climate.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I'd live there in a second if it weren't so friggin' cold. I can't handle that. My brother and his family moved to Minneapolis about 6 years ago... I cannot understand how people live in that climate.
I'm definitely not that far North but It's colder to me in NC than here because of the humidity.

Since I'm American I understand the issue both ideologically and logistically so I get it. I thought the ACA was a decent compromise and would be OK with some changes but then again I don't have any direct experience with it so YMMV.

CC

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Approximately 1,000,000 Doctors in the US. US population is around 325,000,000. Makes perfect sense that it could be done.
That's one of the biggest issues that people either don't think about or don't understand. You have to have the bodies and the money. And it's not just doctors either. You are going to need more lab techs, nurses, clinics, medical equipment, etc.

That's one of the biggest issues that people either don't think about or don't understand. You have to have the bodies and the money. And it's not just doctors either. You are going to need more lab techs, nurses, clinics, medical equipment, etc.
You are rather obtuse in your analysis here by the way.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Ya but bringing facts into it messes up the agenda. So much easier to just say "Hey, wouldn't be awesome if we all had government sponsored healthcare?" and brand any naysayers who bring up the flaws in that plan as sick bastards who want to watch Granny die in the street.

Ya but bringing facts into it messes up the agenda. So much easier to just say "Hey, wouldn't be awesome if we all had government sponsored healthcare?" and brand any naysayers who bring up the flaws in that plan as sick bastards who want to watch Granny die in the street.
The 325 million doesn't even take into account for the millions of illegals we have in this country.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
We have the same doctors per captia as England. They have a great system. We are slightly behind Germany and France in doctors per capita.

We are the friggin USA. We can find a way to solve this problem but you guys just lack the gumption. Tsk tsk

We have the same doctors per captia as England. They have a great system. We are slightly behind Germany and France in doctors per capita.

We are the friggin USA. We can find a way to solve this problem but you guys just lack the gumption. Tsk tsk
Different types of systems, so it's not a good comparison. You have also ignored the issue of cost and because of the population and the percentage of current taxpayers the cost would be beyond what people would want to pay. You might be solving a problem, but you are going to create new problems as well.

Reactions: nctransplant
Different types of systems, so it's not a good comparison. You have also ignored the issue of cost and because of the population and the percentage of current taxpayers the cost would be beyond what people would want to pay. You might be solving a problem, but you are going to create new problems as well.
English pay around 9-10% of their wages for healthcare.

I didn't say it would be easy or perfect. But it can be done. And it most likely will be as well.

I'm guessing these are dry wines? Just can't acquire a taste for the dry wines.

So are dry. Certainly not sweet wines. Great wine is the nectar of the gods.

English pay around 9-10% of their wages for healthcare.

We are spending about $10k per person with rates that continue to go up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT