ADVERTISEMENT

Get Back!

this is fukking unreal…i completely respect and admire all of these guys, but i am just a stones > beatles guy.

this is so frustrating and amazing all at once…not giving it away, but can’t wait to hash this out at some point haha.

this is fukking unreal…i completely respect and admire all of these guys, but i am just a stones > beatles guy.

this is so frustrating and amazing all at once…not giving it away, but can’t wait to hash this out at some point haha.
Did you watch all 3 episodes? I'm ready to chat on this anytime.
I thought it was fascinating. I felt like I was hanging out with them.

Reactions: gteeitup
I love seeing George playing "Lucy!"

gibson-harrison-clapton-1957-les-paul-standard-lucy-891526.jpg

I’m gonna keep watching but I gotta admit I got bored af halfway through first episode.
I'm also only about halfway through the first episode and I love it. From what I've heard, it's really only for diehard Beatles fans...which I don't think Peter Jackson intended but oh well.

Otherwise, it's 4-5 guys standing around tinkering around with songs that were mediocre by their standards.

I'm also only about halfway through the first episode and I love it. From what I've heard, it's really only for diehard Beatles fans...which I don't think Peter Jackson intended but oh well.

Otherwise, it's 4-5 guys standing around tinkering around with songs that were mediocre by their standards.
Yeah thats the thing.... if you're not really deep into the lads music then I can see where it will get a bit tedious.

I love seeing them tinkering around and tweaking the songs. I wish they had filmed every recording session from Rubber Soul onwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Yeah thats the thing.... if you're not really deep into the lads music then I can see where it will get a bit tedious.

I love seeing them tinkering around and tweaking the songs. I wish they had filmed every recording session from Rubber Soul onwards.

Seeing “get back” develop from a guitar rhythm was way cool. Also ringo Starr didn’t contribute much to the creative process it seems.

Seeing “get back” develop from a guitar rhythm was way cool. Also ringo Starr didn’t contribute much to the creative process it seems.
Ringo was just a good dude that went along with whatever.

I can definitely see why George walked out, as Paul was kind if a dick, basically ignoring George or disregarding him. The chemistry gets better in part 2 when they get out of that movie studio and get to Apple studio.

my take so far through two episodes, and again, not a huge fan, but how could i not watch legends during a creative process.

i’m amazed at how discombobulated they seem as a group during such a condensed time frame…usually we see focus and energy and just more togetherness…that’s probably what we get when it’s edited down during other music and sports docs.

i think ringo is a cool fella that knows his role and it never changes…there’s something really admirable about that…paul is such a ridiculously talented performer that for me it was really frustrating watching him work with john…and george, like said above, i see why he kinda got annoyed…john seems so difficult to be around and work with even to do the simplest things…through my eyes and ears, he was probably the worst to create with.

toward the end of episode two, i really started to understand why paul had to put up with john and yoko(to an extent).

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelMark
my take so far through two episodes, and again, not a huge fan, but how could i not watch legends during a creative process.

i’m amazed at how discombobulated they seem as a group during such a condensed time frame…usually we see focus and energy and just more togetherness…that’s probably what we get when it’s edited down during other music and sports docs.

i think ringo is a cool fella that knows his role and it never changed…there’s something really admirable about that…paul is such a ridiculously talented performer that for me it was really frustrating watching him work with john…and george, like said above, i see why he kinda got annoyed…john seems so difficult to be around and work with even to do the simplest things…through my eyes and ears, he was probably the worst to create with.

toward the end of episode two, i really started to understand why paul had to put up with john and yoko(to an extent).
Ringo is still a chill dude, but yeah, he was the easy-going guy of the group.
John was definitely out there sometimes, and could be a real ass.
Paul, like you said, was super creative and wanted it done his way.
George was starting to really write some good stuff himself but he was always the odd man out.

You can definitely see how John and Paul brought out the best in each other. And some of the stuff where they are goofing around is priceless.

As for Yoko, she didn't interject (much) into what the guys were doing, but having her always there like that was ridiculous. Now, if George's wife had hung around the whole time, then that's ok by me...

pattie-boyd-beatlemania-george-harrison.jpg

Ringo is still a chill dude, but yeah, he was the easy-going guy of the group.
John was definitely out there sometimes, and could be a real ass.
Paul, like you said, was super creative and wanted it done his way.
George was starting to really write some good stuff himself but he was always the odd man out.

You can definitely see how John and Paul brought out the best in each other. And some of the stuff where they are goofing around is priceless.

As for Yoko, she didn't interject (much) into what the guys were doing, but having her always there like that was ridiculous. Now, if George's wife had hung around the whole time, then that's ok by me...

pattie-boyd-beatlemania-george-harrison.jpg
Pattie Boyd inspiring 3 all time songs (including my personal favorite song ever, Layla) is crazy...she must have beer flavored nipples on her or something.

Pattie Boyd inspiring 3 all time songs (including my personal favorite song ever, Layla) is crazy...she must have beer flavored nipples on her or something.
Basically the whole Derek & Dominos album was Clapton songs about her. Dude finally marries her, and they divorce a few years later. Guess that beer flavor went flat... bitter beer face!

• Haha
Reactions: dadika13
Yeah, Berry and Lennon's performance isn't great, but you what you really need to see Chuck's reaction when Yoko starts that wailing shit (at around 2:00). Later she tries it again, but someone wisely turned her mic off. The comments are hilarious.
yeah I saw it, and I knew that's why you posted it. I'm not much of a Beatles fan but their songwriting ability was amazing, so I did think it was a shame to see them break up (as well as a blessing, to get George's single work). One of life's greatest mysteries is what may have possessed Lennon to bring that screeching little banshee into their inner circle.

Reactions: dadika13
yeah I saw it, and I knew that's why you posted it. I'm not much of a Beatles fan but their songwriting ability was amazing, so I did think it was a shame to see them break up (as well as a blessing, to get George's single work).
I love how George made a triple album just as a gigantic FU to Lennon/McCartney for not allowing more of his songs. All Things Must Pass is a classic in my mind.

I've already rewatched this a couple times. While the split screen stuff is cool, I wish there was an edit of just the lads playing, without any chatter from the crowd.

The old lady bitching about her nap at 16:20 is hilarious. Very Monty Python-esque.
lol, good place to post this...

I'm thinking 'Wonderful Tonight' must be one of the other ones, can't think of another right off hand.

yeah I saw it, and I knew that's why you posted it. I'm not much of a Beatles fan but their songwriting ability was amazing, so I did think it was a shame to see them break up (as well as a blessing, to get George's single work). One of life's greatest mysteries is what may have possessed Lennon to bring that screeching little banshee into their inner circle.

There is a spot where Paul says he had written over a hundred songs by the time he was fifteen

Reactions: bluetoe
I love how George made a triple album just as a gigantic FU to Lennon/McCartney for not allowing more of his songs. All Things Must Pass is a classic in my mind.
'My Sweet Lord' might very well have borrowed from that song 'He's So Fine' which is itself a nice tune, but he elevates it into something I never get tired of hearing, especially if I'm in the right mood for it. It's just majestic. He's the one Beatle that I took seriously, that could have taken them in a direction I would have appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT