ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Dogs

Well this changes everything

37465159-7670-4d6e-9ca3-16279a96f04c.jpg
I don't see red skin on that weiner!

Studies have found that human DNA in hot dogs. Just wanted you to know what you're eating because it's probably somebody's daughter.

Yes, I know that Snopes reports this as unproven, but since I don't eat hot dogs, I had nothing else to offer to this thread aside from a reference to other threads...

Studies have found that human DNA in hot dogs. Just wanted you to know what you're eating because it's probably somebody's daughter.

Yes, I know that Snopes reports this as unproven, but since I don't eat hot dogs, I had nothing else to offer to this thread aside from a reference to other threads...
Makes them that much better.

Reactions: tarheel0910

So a guy loses a finger in a processing machine every now and then, what's the big deal?

First, no self respecting 'Merican would EVER say he doesn't like hot dogs. I guess you anti-hot doggers hate apple pie and baseball, too.

Damn communists.

Personally, I love a Nathan's hot dog, but I have several others I like, too.

As for places to find a good dog, Yum Yum's in Greensboro is as iconic a hot dog place as there is, though the ice cream is as sought after as the dogs. Then there is Doss' in Kernersville. Their foot longs are to die for.

Best dog I have had to date, though, was one I had at Fulton County Stadium way back in the day at a Braves game. Don't know if it was the atmosphere or what, but it was dang tasty. Better than the one I had at Camden Yards when I went to an Orioles game.

First, no self respecting 'Merican would EVER say he doesn't like hot dogs. I guess you anti-hot doggers hate apple pie and baseball, too.

Damn communists.

Personally, I love a Nathan's hot dog, but I have several others I like, too.

As for places to find a good dog, Yum Yum's in Greensboro is as iconic a hot dog place as there is, though the ice cream is as sought after as the dogs. Then there is Doss' in Kernersville. Their foot longs are to die for.

Best dog I have had to date, though, was one I had at Fulton County Stadium way back in the day at a Braves game. Don't know if it was the atmosphere or what, but it was dang tasty. Better than the one I had at Camden Yards when I went to an Orioles game.
This poast is pure quality.

If you are ever in Raleigh go to The Mecca and try one of their hot dogs. They are to die for, and you well may, if you listen to many Dr's out there who despise them. My Family Physician told me to stay away from them, but what does he know right?:)

Glad to see Zack's on that list. If you're ever in Burlington, give it a try.

ETA: but remember, if you want cheese with your dog, order a "combo". Otherwise, if you order a cheese dog, you'll get a hunk of cheese in a bun. Which is still damn good, especially after the chili gets the cheese partially melted.

You're in HP, right? Have you been to the Dog House?

I have. They're good dogs. Nothing fancy. They're ten mins from my house so I stop by from time to time but I wouldn't suggest making a special trip for it. If you're in HP and for whatever reason you find yourself on Main St then I'd say yes swing on in and give them a try.

I know this isn't going to be well received by you vegans out there *cough @gteeitup cough* but I want to take a moment and talk about hot dogs for a moment because they're freaking delicious and deserve a thread. Anyway, I just got done making hot dogs with Varsity chili and it was an orgasmic experience. It's been ages since I had chili from The Varsity, so I figured I'd head online and order some. Basically, I'd like to fill a bath tub with this stuff and just lay there for an entire day, eating gallons of chili off of my body.

Anyway, enough of about disturbing images of coolwaterunc laying naked in chili, let's talk about hot dogs. The perfect hot dog consists of Bright Leaf hot dogs (I had to settle for Jesse Jones because Charlotte) with the southern classic, mustard, chili and onions. I like slaw on my dog too every now and then, but it's all about the classic combo. I'll go with beef hot dogs (Nathan's), but nothing beats the southern red hot dog. It's the perfect unhealthy comfort food.

I have no idea why I'm poasting this. I'm gonna go try to get through my food coma. You all have a nice evening.

My favorite restaurant in the whole wide world is the V in Atlanta. I always a pair of dogs, not naked,
walk-in, or any other way! Dogs come with mustard any the best chili in the world! Now, let me make this clear, I just don't stop with a pair... I only order two at a time so they don't get cold waiting on my paper plate!

You got to get rings and fries, and a frosted orange to drink!

I have a UNC buddy here who loves the V just as much as I do!

Come to think of it ..... I believe it's time for our monthly V fix!

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Just had to make a special delivery to a place called Fat Dogs in Greensboro which reminded me to give them a shout out in this thread. They won't win any 'Best Hot Dog' contests and they only have a few dogs to choose from (they also serve burgers, wings, etc.) but they're damn tasty and uuge. If you're ever on Spring Garden St stop in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT