ADVERTISEMENT

It's almost Game time Tar Heels!!

When a team rushes for almost 600 yards against you and the 4th quarter isn't half way done, you are spent. Like I said, even if we score here, our defense can't stop them, especially now that they have been on the field so long. Not dissing those guys because they have played their hearts out, but Baylor has just whipped them.

Let's not forget that even though Baylor lost 3 QB's, their starting RB and a ton of offense, they didn't lose a single O lineman and that is a bunch that might be the best in the country. And Baylor was a top 5 team and almost a lock for the playoffs early on.

This is now about pride and making as good a showing as we can.

I seriously doubt anyone thought we would be this far along this season, especially after last year. If we can make some improvements on defense, and IF Chizik stays there is no reason we can't, then we will have a really good football team next season.

I can't help but think this is a setback. Ending this season just like last season......sure it's been an amazing season, but all I'm gonna have all year is the filthy taste of this game.

I can't help but think this is a setback. Ending this season just like last season......sure it's been an amazing season, but all I'm gonna have all year is this filthy taste of this game.
Not me. I'm actually more optimistic than ever. 11 game win streak? One of the best SEASONS ever.

Crappy post season because we played a far better team each time. Our defense just needs more size and ability. It's on the way.

Reactions: Littlejon
I think it's clear that Baylor is superior.

Well, to be fair, we knew that coming in. I mean, before the injuries I thought they were the best team in the country. I'm not sure I thought it was that close. However, with all the injuries I thought we could stop them enough to be right there because I knew we would score. I was definitely wrong.

Reactions: Littlejon
I am very disappointed in Chizik and the preparation for this game. From the start it looked like we were totally unprepared for their offense we made some terrible coaching decisions... the blocked punt attempt was a major blunder IMO and that is all on Fedora. Obviously the Logan fumble at the goal line was a killer mistake.

BTW I think the officials sucked in this game WE lose Hollins and THEY get a MORE blatant targeting shot overturned...these guys were terrible.

Just a bad game all the way around.... Proud of this team but a terrible way to end the season

Well, to be fair, we knew that coming in. I mean, before the injuries I thought they were the best team in the country. I'm not sure I thought it was that close. However, with all the injuries I thought we could stop them enough to be right there because I knew we would score. I was definitely wrong.
This definitely reveals there's lots of room for improvement in the defense. We gave up a bowl record for most yards. Reminds me of Clemson against WVA a few years back.

Not me. I'm actually more optimistic than ever. 11 game win streak? One of the best SEASONS ever.

Crappy post season because we played a far better team each time. Our defense just needs more size and ability. It's on the way.

And these kids are still fighting. Yes, the game is pretty much done, but good days are ahead for us. I actually agree with one of the dolts calling the game who said our offense will be better next year. I think it will, too. Mitch is, to me, a better fit at QB for this system. With our WR's and RB's we should be a very good offensive team. We have help coming on defense and the younger players have definitely improved. It takes time to build depth on the line, too, so that will improve as well. Are we ready to play Alabama and the cream of the crop yet? No, we are not. But we are getting better and next year might be a really good year for us.

We sure didn't get many breaks in officiating this year and still won 11 games in a row.

Baylor is by far a better offensive threat than we can stop. We have the offense, just lack the matching defense. We get that and we're Clemson.

You say what you want about this team, but this is NOT the same team we had last year. That team would have folded 2 quarters ago. This one is still fighting and we are down by 11 now.

I LOVE IT!!

The Refs were fine all night...Best group we have seen all year...Fact is if Baylor is at full strength they might be the best team in the Country...The better team Won tonight.....

You say what you want about this team, but this is NOT the same team we had last year. That team would have folded 2 quarters ago. This one is still fighting and we are down by 11 now.

I LOVE IT!!
I don't think our team gave up last year. Our defense was just horrific last year. Our offense has always competed. Our improved defense made this year's team more competitive because it was better and could subdue opponents.

Without our improved defense, we never sniff the ACC CG.

I don't know strum. I saw a few games where it looked like we just packed it in.

Glad Jefferson got 1,000 yards. For the most part I respect Baylor and have pulled for them the last few years they were in the hunt for the title. Aside from #9 and the DB who they let keep playing after he tried to take Switzers head off, they appear to be a pretty good bunch of kids. Hats off to them, they whipped us good. Had the defense been able to stop them just two times we would been looking at a win or at least over time. As it was they ran it down our throats and we just couldn't stop them.

As bad as I feel for this loss, I am pretty stoked for the future, especially if we can keep the coaching staff. It won't take a lot of work to make the defense better and I really think the offense will be better, too. We shall see.

Anyway, it was a dang good season, better than I had expected, and I am proud of this team and their effort all season long. Now it is time to enjoy some basketball and baseball.

Go 'Heels!

Reactions: grillheel
all in all, I feared this would happen. after the Clemson loss, our kids were all over social media bitching and moaning about not getting a NY6 bowl game over florida state. somewhere along the way, we forgot that we were playing a really good Baylor team that without a few injuries was in the national title conversation not so long ago. the layoff for Baylor allowed them to get some of their young kids up to speed, and their scheme for this game was top notch. they played to their strengths and our weaknesses on defense and they exploited them big time. we got steamrolled up front and they ran at will. I do like how we fought the whole game and never gave up when a lot of teams pack it in during bowl season because there's nothing else left to play for. not impressed by our showing in the bowl game but overall, very happy with the overall outcome this season. 11-3 is nothing to scoff at when you look at where we were and the direction we were headed before Chiz and crew joined our staff before the year. we lose some talent but also return a good bit next year that should have us in position to do no worse than we did this year. a year of maturity will do some of our young guys who got a lot of burn this year, along with the development of Trubisky as our QB should be good things for our team.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
The Refs were fine all night...Best group we have seen all year...Fact is if Baylor is at full strength they might be the best team in the Country...The better team Won tonight.....

Agreed. Well-called game. The hit on Switzer wasn't and the hit by Hollins was. No arguing with either call. And their OLine is the best I've seen...they just blew us off the line. Our guys showed a lot of heart to keep pounding until the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT