ADVERTISEMENT

Jalek Felton

OK, just picking myself up off the floor after the Dadika/Roseheel 1-2 combo.

Guys, I think you're letting emotions get in the way of comprehension.
As I stated, I'd love it for Roy to pull in massive recruiting classes but I am sceptical of it happening soon.
While the negative recruiting continues, while the NCAA garbage continues Roy will have a hard time pulling them in.

Several posters said they're not getting too wound up about who signs, and they'd pull for the team regardless. It was you two blokes who jumped on them, questioning their passion and throwing around the "la-di-da" comment.

All I was saying in my post is that no matter how much fire and passion is displayed online it won't change the recruiting woes. And as much as we say: "If this doesn't happen...." or "if that doesn't happen.... " it's really meaningless toward the final outcome.

All that said, how can anyone predict the final outcome based on who signs? Sure, top talent gives the Heels a better chance, but if the talent doesn't come then it'll be interesting to see if Roy and his staff can mould a great team from what they get (Hey, there are schools who manage the feat year in and out)

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
My attitude is based on almost 50 years of fandom! I know that both success on the court and recruiting are cyclical. They are effected by many things outside of UNCs hands and they are effected by momentum like someone said. It was just a few short years ago that everyone was saying Rat boy was on the way out and that his stint coaching the national team had distracted him from his puke team.(suddenly its an unfair advantage, lol) Now we are crowning him the greatest of all (even though we still call old Cal that) because he is on a run. When we reach the Final Four next year; haul in a great class; and then make a deep run, possibly final game the next year Roy will be a genius again. And when the NCAA (most corrupt organization since FIFA) decides to exercise its whimsical nature and do absolutely nothing to UNC men's bball we will be back to choosing not hoping for recruits!

I really don't care that some call this belief in UNC, "Blue Glasses or Pie-in-the-Sky". I am a true fanatic and I will always look at the positives in UNC while describing in great detail every blemish of the evil empire in Durham. We will get a 5 man class in'16 and they will turn out to be just the kids we need, while other, possibly more celebrated, recruits transfer several times; tear apart their teams' chemistry; or leave after one year leaving no legacy behind! This is what I think ALL the time and I love it. And I honestly believe that we will be just fine with whoever we get!

Love and Trust!

Heels are Family!

My attitude is based on almost 50 years of fandom! I know that both success on the court and recruiting are cyclical. They are effected by many things outside of UNCs hands and they are effected by momentum like someone said. It was just a few short years ago that everyone was saying Rat boy was on the way out and that his stint coaching the national team had distracted him from his puke team.(suddenly its an unfair advantage, lol) Now we are crowning him the greatest of all (even though we still call old Cal that) because he is on a run. When we reach the Final Four next year; haul in a great class; and then make a deep run, possibly final game the next year Roy will be a genius again. And when the NCAA (most corrupt organization since FIFA) decides to exercise its whimsical nature and do absolutely nothing to UNC men's bball we will be back to choosing not hoping for recruits!

I really don't care that some call this belief in UNC, "Blue Glasses or Pie-in-the-Sky". I am a true fanatic and I will always look at the positives in UNC while describing in great detail every blemish of the evil empire in Durham. We will get a 5 man class in'16 and they will turn out to be just the kids we need, while other, possibly more celebrated, recruits transfer several times; tear apart their teams' chemistry; or leave after one year leaving no legacy behind! This is what I think ALL the time and I love it. And I honestly believe that we will be just fine with whoever we get!

Love and Trust!

Heels are Family!

That's just what I was trying to say (without the 50yrs of fandom bit)

Oh yeah, beating Vader and his mob more often will help - last season sweep was with #50 on board and since Psycho T left it's been a 3-9 record (that's not much to inspire 17yr old kids)

OK, just picking myself up off the floor after the Dadika/Roseheel 1-2 combo.

Guys, I think you're letting emotions get in the way of comprehension.
As I stated, I'd love it for Roy to pull in massive recruiting classes but I am sceptical of it happening soon.
While the negative recruiting continues, while the NCAA garbage continues Roy will have a hard time pulling them in.

Several posters said they're not getting too wound up about who signs, and they'd pull for the team regardless. It was you two blokes who jumped on them, questioning their passion and throwing around the "la-di-da" comment.

All I was saying in my post is that no matter how much fire and passion is displayed online it won't change the recruiting woes. And as much as we say: "If this doesn't happen...." or "if that doesn't happen.... " it's really meaningless toward the final outcome.

All that said, how can anyone predict the final outcome based on who signs? Sure, top talent gives the Heels a better chance, but if the talent doesn't come then it'll be interesting to see if Roy and his staff can mould a great team from what they get (Hey, there are schools who manage the feat year in and out)
God

bless you my friend. shun1 supports your attitude &SPIRIT!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY & STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, this is a thread about Jalek, which is a recruiting thread. In many many other threads on this board I have commented over and over how excited I am for the 2015-16 season and that we are absolutely loaded. It should be a Final 4 type season and it will be AWESOME.

However, in recruiting threads like this (especially regarding a topic that is very negative for us right now in Jalek) I will express my deep concerns over the state of our recruiting. That isn't off base. We have recruiting problems right now, that's a fact.

And for the guy who said we can't predict what will happen. Come on. If we sign talent we will win games. If we don't sign talent, we won't. It's really always been that simple.

And for the guy who said we can't predict what will happen. Come on. If we sign talent we will win games. If we don't sign talent, we won't. It's really always been that simple.

Umm ok, I'll pass the message on to every Kensucky fan who's washing their pickup with a 40-0 t shirt.

Jokes aside, yes talent makes it easier, but if the talent doesn't come (as many of us fear) then it'll be up to Roy and staff to coach their tails off with the players they get.

Umm ok, I'll pass the message on to every Kensucky fan who's washing their pickup with a 40-0 t shirt.

Jokes aside, yes talent makes it easier, but if the talent doesn't come (as many of us fear) then it'll be up to Roy and staff to coach their tails off with the players they get.

And Roy and his staff will get the most out of anyone I'm sure. I love our coaching staff. That said, if we don't have top 50 players, getting the most out of the team may just be a 19-17 season.

And Roy and his staff will get the most out of anyone I'm sure. I love our coaching staff. That said, if we don't have top 50 players, getting the most out of the team may just be a 19-17 season.
It may be. Or like Butler, Wichita State, VCU, we could see the Heels do more with less. No matter what, it's going to be interesting to watch.

AND if you don't know why I can't help you.

This is a dead horse that's been beaten out of proportion at this point. How long can you blame a scandal that began affecting our basketball program in 2014 for our problems that began in 2011?

The scandal has exacerbated our problems. Not created them. And the more the original excuse is made the worse we look.

It may be. Or like Butler, Wichita State, VCU, we could see the Heels do more with less. No matter what, it's going to be interesting to watch.

I truly hope you're right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT