ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs UNC game thread for Saturday 16 Dec 2024

I mean as freaking sloppy and careless we’ve been of we could go into half within 5 it’d be a miracle

WAY WAY WAY too many turnovers!
Part of the reason for it is this is the most athletic team we've played by quite a bit, and the longest except for maybe UConn. Much smaller passing and shot angles against a D like this.

It's also partly more dumb plays than usual but it's not all poor play.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Bc he's played bad all game, including giving up live ball turnovers to basic defense
Ok. Bit what’s that got to do with having someone on the court who can pass to an open guy vs the “pass in dribble out the clock and jack up a shot closely guarded by a defender 6 inches taller than rj”. Which is what we always got before EC. Almost never successful

Reactions: thompsjj and RP12
RJ stepped up to handle the point. I know I sou d like a broken record, but handling their ball pressure is key. Hopefully Cadeau settles down and gives us sone of that in the second half as well to get RJ some clean looks.

Reactions: alabamaheel
I'd start Trimble in the 2nd half and open up with a full court press.

UK is starting a very tall lineup with no true PG on the floor.

Reactions: alabamaheel
We need RJ to see the extra pass and stop forcing it. He's had Cormac open three times on drives before he finally hit him for the three.
Yep he made that pass and shot more difficult by not seeing him wide open set when both pass and shot would have been much easier

We need RJ to see the extra pass and stop forcing it. He's had Cormac open three times on drives before he finally hit him for the three.
Agreed with looking for the kick pass. Seemed like multiple guys missed guys. Cormac on both ends of that, he missed guys a few times, and was there for the kick a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT