ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs UNC game thread for Wednesday 17 January 2024…

A little meh of a game. That was one we should've been able to get High/Washington more minutes and rest the starters more. Guys were just a bit sloppy today and we didn't have the lucky opponent 3 point shooting like we've gotten the last few games.

Reactions: Heelicious
Eh- ok effort. 2nd half wasn’t pretty but i was sort of nervous with them being ranked high and (though it shouldn’t be) it is sometimes hard to stay sharp and fired up, up by 20 vs a seemingly overmatched team.

But Lou did beat Miami in Miami last week and shot well second half.

Plenty of teaching opps even in the win. Can’t take big stretches off going empty scoring for 3-5 minutes at a time

Bacot coasted half the game. Trimble and Ingram didn't do much. Washington and Wojcik struggled and didn't play much.

Refs were bad. Missed a lot of stuff. Took Ryan out of the game on a blatant kicking violation. Missed maybe 3-4 obvious Louisville fouls on Withers alone.

Missed the best part of the game bc ESPN and ACCNetwork stinks.

Hope the team approaches the BC road game with a hungrier attitude.

When all is said and done, a key is that we didn't lose a home game.

Louisville gets Duke at home next Tuesday.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Bacot coasted half the game. Trimble and Ingram didn't do much. Washington and Wojcik struggled and didn't play much.

Refs were bad. Missed a lot of stuff. Took Ryan out of the game on a blatant kicking violation. Missed maybe 3-4 obvious Louisville fouls on Withers alone.

Missed the best part of the game bc ESPN and ACCNetwork stinks.

Hope the team approaches the BC road game with a hungrier attitude.
All of this and we still won by 16 points in a league game! We are 5-0 in league and the number four team in the country. Our defense is lethal when they decide to play it and we have multiple offensive weapons.

It a GDTBATH!!!

Reactions: DSouthr
This thread has also being littered with complaining about the refs and we have shot 20 free throws to Louisvilles 8.

It's not uncommon for the home team, who is more aggressive going to the basket to get more foul calls. The ones the fanbase are talking about predominantly are the 3 on Cormac Ryan, they were ridiculous. I was at the game and saw the replay on the big screens and his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fouls were all horseshit and deserved the boos they received from the crowd. Later in the game, a Louisville player dove for a loose ball, took out a UNC players legs in the process and no foul call. That play was way more a foul than Ryan's in this game or Cadeau's in the Pitt game. I'd love to sit in a room with those zebra's that were involved and ask them what the hell they were thinking on those 3 plays.

Also, great that you could acknowledge you were wrong on Bacot. Maybe an "oops, my bad, I didn't realize Bacot had 5 assists midway through the 2nd half."

It's not uncommon for the home team, who is more aggressive going to the basket to get more foul calls. The ones the fanbase are talking about predominantly are the 3 on Cormac Ryan, they were ridiculous. I was at the game and saw the replay on the big screens and his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fouls were all horseshit and deserved the boos they received from the crowd. Later in the game, a Louisville player dove for a loose ball, took out a UNC players legs in the process and no foul call. That play was way more a foul than Ryan's in this game or Cadeau's in the Pitt game. I'd love to sit in a room with those zebra's that were involved and ask them what the hell they were thinking on those 3 plays.

Also, great that you could acknowledge you were wrong on Bacot. Maybe an "oops, my bad, I didn't realize Bacot had 5 assists midway through the 2nd half."

I wasn't wrong on Bacot. I was pointing out that he is a blackhole at times in the post. It not up for debate, those assist doesn't reflect anything about to him passing out of the post when it's not there. Just like you pointed out that the lopsided foul numbers and the lopsided free throw numbers aren't a good representation of how shitty the refs were.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
I wasn't wrong on Bacot. I was pointing out that he is a blackhole at times in the post. It not up for debate, those assist doesn't reflect anything about to him passing out of the post when it's not there. Just like you pointed out that the lopsided foul numbers and the lopsided free throw numbers aren't a good representation of how shitty the refs were.

Let me get this straight, you often criticize another poster on this board because you disagree with him and say he can't admit when he is wrong. Now someone disagrees with you and you can't admit that you are wrong. Duly noted. "Truly a black hole", and "a black hole at times" are 2 different stories, and a definite change of tune.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Let me get this straight, you often criticize another poster on this board because you disagree with him and say he can't admit when he is wrong. Now someone disagrees with you and you can't admit that you are wrong. Duly noted. "Truly a black hole", and "a black hole at times" are 2 different stories, and a definite change of tune.

Fair enough last night I was 3 cocktails in when I posted that a bit of a clearer mind this morning. But I think we are on the same page

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
I’ll say this, Bacot does need to pass out when hes not open. But, my gripe is how he does it now. He very rarely backs down, notices the double or triple team, and passes out. He often dribbles back out to the person he’s passing to, which draws the defender out also. Please please please pass out of the double teams. The dang ball travels faster in the air.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
I’ll say this, Bacot does need to pass out when hes not open. But, my gripe is how he does it now. He very rarely backs down, notices the double or triple team, and passes out. He often dribbles back out to the person he’s passing to, which draws the defender out also. Please please please pass out of the double teams. The dang ball travels faster in the air.
Your take is a better representation of what I was trying to point out.

Reactions: alabamaheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT