ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Carolina vs Wisconsin game thread Friday 19 March 2021

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Lots of things to consider in choosing the winner of this game and they may be why there are no many different predictions on who will play on Monday Night.

Many have leaned toward Wisconsin because of their senior laden team playing a inexperienced very young team who play and depend on so many freshmen.

Others are favoring UNC because Carolina leads the nation in rebounding and score a bunch of points in the paint.

Still others like the Badgers because of their slow offensively approach similar to Virginia and Clemson’s which give the Tar Heels fits every time they have to play against it.

Others like the fact that Coach Williams has never lost a opening game especially with a week to prepare for a opponent.

On the other hand the Wisconsin followers have to like the point that their senior lead team does do not commit many turnovers while Carolina has been more like Santa giving away a ton which have resulted in many easy buckets and valuable change of possessions.

Carolina fans have witnessed how the squad has finally begun to jell as a team and have had a different player step up and lead them in almost every game.

The other two big variables that must be considered for these two teams to consider to dance is free throw shots attempted and made and which team can hit from downtown and prevent the other team from doing the same.

I might be wearing my light blue glasses but I think Carolina will be able to control the glass both offensively and defensively and that will be more important when the smoke clears between a highly experienced team that no question played in a more difficult league versus a young freshmen lead team that is talented and very hungry and have been playing better and better recently.

So on paper it is so close that this contest is basically a pick up game and saying that I pick Carolina by three like 66-63...

15th rated Oral Roberts has just taken down the 2nd seeded Ohio State in overtime for the first MONSTER UPSET of March Madness. The Buckeyes looked like Carolina missing a ton of free throws at least nine and several late in the contest. 75-72. Thats one big headache out of the way for Carolina.

We could've had that 10 seed in the South, beaten Florida, then played a 15 seed on the way to the S16, but we just had to style on V-Tech lol.

“Buckeyes looked like Carolina missing free throws”

my god could you be more negative? Some fan you are.

“Buckeyes looked like Carolina missing free throws”

my god could you be more negative? Some fan you are.
Maybe you have not watched many Carolina games or listened to announcers or are too lazy to look at stats but this is one of the poorest free throw shooting teams in UNC history and the Heels have lost several games this year because of poor marksmanship from the line. Many and I mean Many others who have commented here have also wondered why “FREE SHOOTING” has been such a major difficulty for this team during the season. Along with awful turnovers, below average outside shooting, missing clutch free throws have been UNC’s biggest negatives offensively and even the most unknowledgeable fan with a bone to pick can see that...Well maybe they can

Maybe you have not watched many Carolina games or listened to announcers or are too lazy to look at stats but this is one of the poorest free throw shooting teams in UNC history and the Heels have lost several games this year because of poor marksmanship from the line. Many and I mean Many others who have commented here have also wondered why “FREE SHOOTING” has been such a major difficulty for this team during the season. Along with awful turnovers, below average outside shooting, missing clutch free throws have been UNC’s biggest negatives offensively and even the most unknowledgeable fan with a bone to pick can see that...Well maybe they can

really hypocritical of you to be calling out people who make critiques of the team in other ways yet here you are.... talking bad about the heels.

Other games another upset in the making as 12th seeded Oregon State is taking it to the 5th seeded Tennessee Volunteers by 16 points with about 12 minutes to go.

March madness games are presently being shown on four different channels but thankfully the Carolina vs Wisconsin will be on CBS which will allow must people to watch it at 7:10

So garrison misses three shots and a defensive assignment but Roy subs out Bacot. Not sure I agree there

Reactions: al would
Heels getting the ball in good spots- lid on the rim. Love took the lid off! Let’s go!

AWFUL 3 pt defense and then Kessler of course brings the ball down bc we have no basketball IQ

Uh oh- facing another hot shooting team beyond the arc. they are wide open too

A sharpe Block leads to a Davis Boom from the top 13-12 but again Potter hits a three for Wisconsin 16-12 at the second tv break. Still not much from the bigs yet but we have a long way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT